• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double posting as OP? (SOLVED)

SuperLuigi911

The Lord of Salt
Reaction score
Steam
SuperLuigi911
Valentine Big Band
Hey. I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this before, but I have a kinda noobish question...
I know that posting replies one after another to a thread is normally against the rules, but is it okay if you started the thread?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm trying to make my own art thread, but there are waaaaay too many images that I want to upload and the forum won't accept more than ten. So I want to add some replies after my original post back to back to make some room for more images, then edit the posts later to add the images into them. That, and I don't want to try without asking in risk that I might get in trouble for double posting.

If not, is there ANY way to upload more than ten images to a post?
I'm sorry if this question seems stupid to any Skullheart veterans, but I really need help on this.

for an art thread it's completely fine go nuts

for an art thread it's completely fine
Not to say that I don't believe you, but I would rather hear from a moderator since they know a lot more about the forum and pretty much run everything...

I mean it can also be inferred upon by looking at other art threads (that aren't as popular as Chicken's). But I understand.

Well why not get @Cellsai to say it himself. Although he's in Japan time so I dunno if he's working or not.

Edit: Also cellsai should really add that to the rules.

Last edited:
for an art thread it's completely fine go nuts

I'm no art mod, but there's nothing wrong with multiple posts in a row in personal thread. It would be like not allowing you to double post in a training diary.

I don't think double has a computer so posting as OP doesn't seem like something to worry about.

But yeah go nuts, if it were against the rules to do that in art threads/diaries (which it isn't) you'd probably just get a warning at most. I promise you will never get beat up for double posting.

I promise you will never get beat up for double posting.
No promises on posting double, however :3

Most people have posted multiple times in art stuff, yeah. In fact, I think I remember a post by Cellsai, or it was another mod, stating double posts were ok in the case of personal threads or lack of activity. Can't remember where it was, though.

Always trust Stuff.

Hey
Art threads especially are fine because it's logical that you'd want to put each update with new artwork in a new post to update the thread, even if nobody has commented since the last time. I'd also say that it's even fine to double-post in an ordinary thread so long as a decent amount of time has elapsed and/or there's a very good reason to bump it.

But double-posting like this because you're too lazy to hit the 'edit' button is probably not a good idea. I doubt it'd get you banned or even warned unless you do it all the time, it's just annoying.

Reactions: Sydoh
Vad pretty much hit the nail on the head.

If your double post is simply adding to your previous post, then just edit the original post.

On a related topic, I'd even say you could have posted your question in the existing thread instead of making a new one.

I'd also say that it's even fine to double-post in an ordinary thread so long as a decent amount of time has elapsed and/or there's a very good reason to bump it.
If your double post is simply adding to your previous post, then just edit the original post.

Well the thing is that when I asked the question, I didn't just mean posting something and then posting something else at a later date. I meant that I was going to try to put in like, lets say eight dummy posts in quick succession one after the other and then edit the all images I couldn't fit into the first one into those ones later. Plus, I can't just edit the Original original post since like I said before, the forum will only let me add up to ten images to a post.

But nonetheless... thank all of you for the feedback, guys! I wasn't sure if anyone would want to waste their time on a stupid problem like this, but

On a related topic, I'd even say you could have posted your question in the existing thread instead of making a new one.

Huh, how did I not notice that?...

I meant that I was going to try to put in like, lets say eight dummy posts in quick succession one after the other and then edit the all images I couldn't fit into the first one into those ones later. Plus, I can't just edit the Original original post since like I said before, the forum will only let me add up to ten images to a post.
In that case it's perfectly fine. Basically so long as you have a reason for needing multiple posts, there's no problem.

In that case it's perfectly fine. Basically so long as you have a reason for needing multiple posts, there's no problem.
Awesome! Thanks to you all for the help! Since my problem has been solved, could someone please lock this thread?

Last edited: