• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragonball Xenoverse

Zidiane

Doing my best
Reaction score
Steam
Zidiane
PSN
zidiane5
XBL
Zidiane
Cerebella
Looks like we never started a thread for this...? How'd that happen...?

Anyway, Xenoverse, probably going to be one of the best DBZ games ever. In case you haven't been keeping up (you nerd), here's the run down.

The game will feature Character Customization. And this time, you're allowed to make girls too! Ain't that amazing! Who'da thought, giving players the ability to make not one, but BOTH genders?! (Done bashing Ultimate Tenkaichi now)

Here are the poster characters for character creation. You can make Earthlings, Saiyans, Majins, Namekians, and Freeza's Race (yes, it's called Freeza's Race).

VaCGGkU.jpg

sBfYsxq.jpg

sD6W3R7.jpg

Here are some screenshots of magazines covering the game. The guy in the first pic is a new villain. Second screenshot shows off GT inclusion, and third shows that Jaco the Galactic Patrolman is going to be appearing in game (which is exciting!).

79HB9i8.jpg

4dgr5le.jpg

Jrqcggj.jpg

Here is a screen shot of Pan, making her first US Dragonball game appearance in like 8 years. Here's hoping she FINALLY gets a SSJ transformation.

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-0121-18.jpg

And if you want more, here's the Timeline from Dragonball Online, the Korean MMO that got shut down, which is heavily inspiring this new game. In it you see the fate of Goku and Vegeta, what Krillin and the rest did with their lives, and how Buu populated the world with the Majin Race. Going to copy the text here if you don't want to sift through it (since it isn't the OP in that link)
Age 737:
- Kakaroto is born.
- Miira travels to this time and rescues Bardock before Freezer kills him. He then mind controls him.

Between June and August:
- Goku arrives on Earth.
- In Age 1000 a temporal rift is created linking to his age.
- The Time Patrol finds Kakaroto and brings him to Son Gohan.

Age 749:

September 9:
- The Time Patrol talks to Gyumao, finds ChiChi and protects her against the dinosaurs and gets her a Son Goku reunited.

Age 756:
- The Time Patrol helps ChiChi find Son Goku before the start of the 23º Tenkaichi Budokai.

Age 757:
- Gohan and Videl are born.

Age 761:

October 21:
- Masked Bardock travels to this time, in charge of the Time Breakers and manages to mind control Gohan transformed into an Ozaru. The Time Patrol foils his plans.
- The Time Patrol prevents the Time Breakers from mind controlling Raditz.
- They come back another time to destroy a Dark Eye submarine base and prevent them from interfering with the fight of Goku and Vegeta against Raditz.

Age 762:

November 3:
- The Time Breakers attempt to disrupt the fight of the Z Warriors vs the Saiyans. The Time Patrol manages to fend them off until Bardock appears. They fight against Bardock and manage to break his mask, freeing him from the mind control. Before going back, Miira attacks Trunks and the rest of the Time Patrol attacks Miira in retaliation. Miira overpowers them but his surprised by Bardock, who grabs him from behind and kills him with a suicide explosion attack.

December 18:
- Towa is in charge of the Time Breakers assault on Namek. She takes control of Cui, Dodoria and Zarbon, but the Time Patrol foils every plan. Bardock is revealed to still be alive.

December 24:
- Towa travels here and takes control of Recoome, but he's defeated by the Time Patrol. They leave the rest of the Ginyu Tokusentai to Goku and go on stopping the Time Breakers from anihilating all the namekian frogs, to try and prevent Goku from using one on Ginyu. Bardock appears and assists Trunks. Ginyu body changes with Goku and fights the Time Patrol, he eventually retreats and fights Goku until he body changes with a frog. Towa mind controls the Ginyu frog, making him gigantic. The Time Patrols defeats him, foiling Towa's plans yet again.

Age 766:
- Trunks is born.

Age 767:
- Son Goten is born.

Age 771:
- Marron is born.

Age 774:
- Bee was born.

May 7th:
- Mr. Satan wins the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. #18 is the runner-up.

Age 778:

May 7:
- Mr. Satan wins the 26th Tenkaichi Budokai. Mr. Buu is the runner-up.

Age 779:
- Pan was born

Age 780:
- Bra was born.

Age 781:

May 7:
- Mr. Satan wins the 27th Tenkaichi Budokai. Mr. Buu is the runner-up.

Age 784:

May 7:
- Mr. Satan wins the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. Mr. Buu is the runner-up.
- Goku leaves to train Uub.

Age 785:
- Lunch makes the news for jailbreaking successfully 100 times.
- Uranai Baba makes the news somehow.

Age 786:
- Pilaf tries to conquer the world, only to fail yet again.
- Karin makes the news somehow.

Age 787:
- Mr. Satan wins the 29th Tenkaichi Budokai. Mr. Buu is the runner-up.

Age 790:
- Mr. Satan wins the 30th Tenkaichi Budokai. Mr. Buu is the runner-up.
- Mr. Buu creates a female companion from his own body, whom he calls Buuby.
- Jingle Town makes the news.

Age 791:
- Mr. Buu and Booby reproduce, starting the Majin race.

Age 793:
- Mr. Satan retires from fighting and founds a martial arts school.

Age 794:
- Pan becomes an instructor in Mr. Satan's Martial Arts School.

Age 796:
- Mr. Satan's movie "Satan Legend" premiers.

Age 800:
- Planet Yardrat is destroyed and it's remains fall on Earth as meteorites.

Age 801:
- Goku and Vegeta sense their lives are nearing an end. They both mysteriously disappear to have one last fight. Years later a ki explosion with the magnitude of a supernova is detected. It is believed to be caused by Goku and Vegeta's battle.

Age 804:
- Gohan publishes a book called "Groundbreaking Science", which teaches people about ki control and advanced martial arts.
- Yadrat related event.

Age 805:
- Trunks and Goten found the Kikoukenjutsu Sword School.

Age 820:
- Mr. Satan dies.
- A type of Hoi Poi capsule is created, which can hold an entire city.
- Remnants of Freeza's World Trade Organization invade the Earth seeking the Dragon Balls, and cause widespread chaos. Students from the Kikoukenjutsu, Kame and Tsuru Schools save the world.
These events lead to the Earth's people developing a need to save the world and a search for the martial arts schools of old. The events were also the cause for the Saibaiman mutations found on Earth.

Age 821:
- By popular demand the Kame and Tsuru Martial Arts Schools resurface.
Krillin becomes the new Kame Sennin and founded the New Kame School
Tenshinhan becomes the new Tsuru Sennin and founded the New Tsuru School

Age 825:
- The theme park "Buu's World" opens its doors. Most employees are Majins.
- Event related to the King of the Earth.

Age 826:
- Yajirobe begins cultivating at the base of Karin Tower.

Age 834:
- Because of their love for the world and their desire to protect it and show their love, the majins spread worldwide creating their own professions, such as Karma, Granma, etc.

Age 851:
- Miira destroys New Namek. The Nameks are forced to migrate to Earth.

Age 852:
- Event related to a meteorite.

Age 853:
- The Nameks terraform Yunzabit to make it look more like Planet Namek, they call it Porunga Rocks.
- The people on the planet Yardrat set a city on Earth.

Age 890:
- 100 year anniversary of the Majin race.

Age 891:
- Construction-related event of global importance. (Maybe the place where people summon shenron)
- Event related to the Tenkaichi Budokai. (Maybe the increase of the frequency of tournaments).

Age 900:
- The Yadrats are investigating a Shunkanido Machine.
- Event related to an unknown location.

Age 910:
- 100th anniversary of Boo's World.
- The remnants of Freeza's army still rampage around the Earth.

Age 920:
- Memorial Ceremony for the 100 years since the death of Mr.Satan.

Age 940:
- Evil Nameks begin to spawn demonic eggs. They settle on a volcanic area where there is an empty throne for Daimao.

Age 951:
- 100th anniversary since the Nameks came to Earth.

Age 962:
- Capsule Corporation History Museum opens its doors.

Age 972:
- Earth's conflict with the evil Namekians begins as their numbers grow.

Age 974:
- The ethologist Dr. Hunbalt releases the Animal Data, a catalogue of animals of the Earth.
- Event related to Karin Tower.

Age 975:
- A gang of thugs run away from home and establish settlements in the desert.

Age 988:
Kinoko Rocks (the desert of giant mushrooms) is overrun by a gang called Paeria.

Age 990:
- Monsters being to emerge in the wild.
- Popo Stones are created around the Earth.
- Emperor Pilaf returns ready to conquer Earth.
- Marks the 200th anniversary of the Majin race.

Age 991:
- The Red Pants Army arises.

Age 995:
- Ron and Sha betray Capsule Corporation.

Age 998:
- Capsule Corp begins mass production of a new type of robot.
- Miira invades the Earth. Piccolo and Dende gather warriors to defend Miira's invasion.

Age 999:
- Time Patrol Trunks arrives and reports the temporal crisis that affects the universe.
- Piccolo investigates the presence of evil forces (Red Pants, Pilaf, and the Pale Man's Army) on Earth. Piccolo determines that there are not enough warriors to stand up to these threats. People start claming for a savior and collect the Dragon Balls.

Age 1000:
- The people of Earth still preserve the tradition of celebrating the Tenkaichi Budokai.
- The Earth is threatened by the Dark Eye organization, led by an unknown figure, which divided the world.
- The Saiyan race is long gone, their blood is diluted into that of Humans. The Namek race has proliferated, so have the Majins and the Yadrats.
- New champions, Humans, Nameks and Majins, come from all over the world to confront the threats.
- Unfortunately monsters and mutated Saibaiman also proliferate.
- The Red Pants Army also poses a threat still.
- New champions, Humans, Nameks and Majins, come from all over the world to confront the threats.
- A time portal appears. The Guardian of Time: Trunks!

Age 2000:
- Miira enlists remnants of Freeza's World Trade Organization and Red Pants Army to conquer Earth and suceeds. He then travels back in time to get Goku's DNA to power himself up. Dende contacts Trunks in order to prevent this.

Game is coming out in JPN Febuary 5th, but is hitting US shelves Febuary 24th, and EU 27th.

Last edited:
I played the MMO when it was out (had to... make a Korean SSN? Or something?). It was hard to play, cause it was filled with Spanish speaking players and Korean descriptions for everything, which made it impossible to coordinate with other players or read missions or objectives. Despite all of that though I had a great time, and I have a lot of faith that this game will be great too. Even if just for the story mode. I'll be looking forward to not playing the same "Beat Raditz as Goku, then beat him as Piccolo, now go fight Nappa" story mode.

One thing I was hoping would return from DBO that it doesn't look like did was Child and Adult forms. In DBO you started as a child, and by gathering the Dragonballs you could wish yourself into your Adult form. But the Child forms were so adorable, I liked having the option to make a kid fighter.

latest

I played the MMO when it was out (had to... make a Korean SSN? Or something?). It was hard to play, cause it was filled with Spanish speaking players and Korean descriptions for everything, which made it impossible to coordinate with other players or read missions or objectives. Despite all of that though I had a great time, and I have a lot of faith that this game will be great too. Even if just for the story mode. I'll be looking forward to not playing the same "Beat Raditz as Goku, then beat him as Piccolo, now go fight Nappa" story mode.

One thing I was hoping would return from DBO that it doesn't look like did was Child and Adult forms. In DBO you started as a child, and by gathering the Dragonballs you could wish yourself into your Adult form. But the Child forms were so adorable, I liked having the option to make a kid fighter.

latest
Augh! I wishI could have got DBZ MMO working on mine!
Also any race you plan on picking?

Augh! I wishI could have got DBZ MMO working on mine!
Also any race you plan on picking?
I'm going to of course end up using all the races. Female Majins will probably be my favorites, maybe followed by Earthling/Human, and then Namekians/Freeza's Race are basically tied. Don't really care for Fat Majin, but I'll undoubtedly make one and play with it.

So, Xenoverse got reviewed by Famitsu (like lots of stuff). Here's what was written.
Xenoverse-Famitsu.jpg

I started playing this on PC. Chose on of Frieza's race. The game is SUPER fun.

Angry Joe's apparently not a fan of the game, kinda saddening. Usually I listen to him since he's a good reviewer, but I'll have to pass since I already have my heart set on this game.
Just waiting for the servers to get better before I get it.
And that is one good Frieza character.
Was considering naming mine Tundra or Glacier (Or Glaciea) when I get to it.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
fe31c550280e98b031ca7382207794d7.png

The RNG on drops is kinda a killer, though.

Also, my Freiza's race character:

3C40681027DDF78DC8D745DE02EFF1CA9C805FD0

Reactions: Jutsei
I keep getting tempted to get this game now
BUT SERVERS MAN
I GOTTA WAIT TILL THEY GET BETTER.

They've gotten better.
I've had zero disconnects as of three days ago.

Just wanna say that I'm REALLY hating that all the drops are RNG, and that its RNG if you get to the Ultimate Finish, even if you do the proper things, and that dragonballs are RNG and RNG and RNG AND RNG AND RNG AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Sorry, just... this grind for 100% Ultimates/Supers is driving me nuts

Eh, not as good as Budokai Tenkaichi 3, but hey, at least it's a huge improvement over Ultimate "Rock-Paper-Scissors" Tenkaichi.

And the story mode is VERY fun so at least that makes it up a little.

The fighting got very repetitive after a while as there are only like 2 combos worth using for me but HELL if it isn't satisfying to launch an enemy, teleport behind him and throw a Gallick Gun in their butt.

I can understand both people loving it and hating it.

Reactions: Jutsei
Playing, liking it (i like unlocking stuff).

But for now it isn't worth buying. maybe when the servers are good, and they sell the full pack at 50% off

Playing, liking it (i like unlocking stuff).

But for now it isn't worth buying. maybe when the servers are good, and they sell the full pack at 50% off
Thanks for that input, I had a feeling that'd be a good decision to wait.

How's the character customization feeling?

Thanks for that input, I had a feeling that'd be a good decision to wait.

How's the character customization feeling?

Not many options with creating the initial looks (perhaps Skyrim and such spoiled me). Around 10 hairstyles and 10 faces per race. Quite a lot of costumes though. You can wear pretty much everything worn by any character that meant something at any point. And of course you can learn any move any of the other characters use. I'm personally going now with a mix of Piccolo and Vegeta moveset with a little of... Jeice, cause that's the only Ultimate Ki that dropped for me. :P

that's all there's to it on creation. clothes are purchased and unlocked in game.

Height and Weight influence character power (taller = More health and slower, heavier = stronger phisical attacks, weaker ki supers)

Sex changes A LOT of your bonuses (and i think it kinda sucks... i wanted to make a super male ki user and a female brawler, both humans and the bonus work reverse of what i want :( Maybe in the sequel they introduce it as "training discipline" or "fighting style" rather than gender)

Humans and Saiyans are exactly the same (no tail). No "unbuffed" male human/saiyan character (everyone ate their senzu whey). All majin male are fat buu (no Buu/Kid buu body), All female majin are waifu material, Namekians got something to look a little less different (shark fins on head, raised antenna), Freeza race looks cooler with equips.

Everyone can get any skin tone (blue humans, check. Human color majin, check. Black Piccolo, that's racist! check)

All in all, i just wanted more hairstyles (trunks hairstyle is a wig accessory and you can't change color. same with goku and Mr. Satan's Hair) And some mods.

Being brutally honest, i just want the mods to happen and start making Chrono Trigger characters on it. THAT will be glorious

Give us more accessory slots.

So, the DLC was leaked early on PC, for owners of the season pass.
Slightly disappointed with the AMOUNT of content, however it was fun, so I'd say it still might be worth a buy, but only if you like GT.
Or want Wolf Fang Fist.

Bought Xenoverse, was conflicted on making myself (Earthling), or my main character (as a Majin)
Ended up making the majin girl, I like the animations, just got no idea what stats to level up.

And naturally, I already wanna commission art of them.

Though, I'm pretty disappointed female majins can't be just a lil' chubby :(
Guess that's the trade-off to all fat majins.