• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2019 Thread

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
Once more, it's that time of the year where gaming companies get together, go crazy (optionally: go stupid), and announce a ton of stuff in early June! Some of it's good, some of it's bad, some of it's awkward, and some of it is downright hilarious (Especially in hindsight, looking at you, Todd.)
Regardless, we're about to get a lot of new developments and information, and as with previous deeds, I'm making a thread to quarantine any information that comes out of E3 as to prevent derailment of other threads!
So, why not have some fun with fellow Skullheart members when the time comes?

As with previous E3s, some events will happen a few days before E3 officially opens, and this year has been especially interesting, because Sony themselves will be sitting out of E3 this year, but may end up having a Playstation State of Play (Like Nintendo Directs), and EA also is relegating itself to a standalone event like previous years.

Anyway, here are the scheduled times!
Remember, most times listed are Pacific Standard Time, and I will list the appropriate matching Eastern Standard Time to go with it!

EA, much, much unfortunately, will not be hosting any press conference this time, denying us of one of the funnest parts of E3, but they will be streaming " instead offer multiple livestreams on June 8, 2019 for its current and new titles"
So, times for those will come now and then.

On the same token of "Not quite conferences", Nintendo will be holding three separate tournaments/invitationals, ones for Splatoon 2, Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Maker 2.
They'll be spread throughout the day on June 8th, times uncertain at this time
Mario Maker 2 Invitational starts on June 8th, 11:00 AM PST (2:00 PM EST)
Splatoon 2 World Championship starts on June 8th, 11:30 AM PST (2:30 PM EST)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate World Championship starts on June 8th, 2:00 PM PST (5:00 PM EST)

Microsoft will be holding it's usual press briefing, hopefully with some new games or reveals that are as cool as DMC V last year. They'll also demonstrate some games afterwards, as well
The Press Conference begins on June 9th, at 1:00 PM PST (4:00 PM EST)

Bethesda Softworks follows up, hopefully focusing on DOOM Eternal, as well as a few other things that aren't Fallout 76, I wouldn't expect Starfield or TES VI, though
The Press Conference begins on June 9th, at 5:30 PM PST (8:30 PM EST)

Devolver Digital will present it's third "Conference" not long after, this is less of a conference, and more of a parody of gaming culture at large, but it is quite a sight to behold. Highly recommended
The "Press Conference" begins June 9, at 7:00 PM PST (10:00 PM EST)

The next day will have the PC Gaming Show, which has a history of not having terribly too many interesting games, go into this one with very low expectations, folks
The PC Gaming Show begins June 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM PST (1:00 PM EST)

After that is Limited Run Games, who have published physical versions of Skullgirls, as well as other very good Indie games, likely to be not much, but I felt like listing it!
Limited Run Games show begins June 10, at 12:00 PM PST (3:00 PM EST)

Almost immediately afterwards is Ubisoft, who allegedly will have Watch_Dogs 3, and usually pick up the slack for awkward conferences from EA, so don't miss it!
The Press Conference begins June 10, 2019 at 1:00 PM PST (4:00 PM EST)

Then comes another first conference, AMD games will be showing off "Next Horizon Gaming"
The "Next Horizon Gaming" Show begins June 10, 2019 at 3:00 PM PST (6:00PM EST)

After that, Kinda Funny Games will broadcast and show off a variety of lesser games (Usually ones that can't afford to get promoted) afterwards in a mini-show, it's a nice lil' grab bag!
Kinda Funny Games Broadcast begins June 10, 2019 at 4:30 PM PST (7:30PM EST)

Rounding out June 10th will be the Square Enix Conference, taking Sony's usual slot, very likely to get news on KH 3 DLC, or perhaps even FF7 Remake stuff!
Square Enix Conference begins June 10, 2019 at 6:00 PM PST (9:00PM EST)

Then, lastly, on June 11th, Nintendo blesses us with the annual Nintendo Direct, we are VERY likely to get new Smash Bros DLC news as well as other brand new reveals, definitely the capstone of E3 usually!
Nintendo Direct begins June 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM PST (12:00 PM EST)

And there you have it, all the E3 stuff and schedules you need!
Hope it helps out, and let's have some fun talking about things revealed there, as well as any awkward moments, and early news!

Last edited:
I think this is the E3 that really decides what Nintendo's planning for Splatoon.

No announcement or just final Splatfest thing - they recognize the game's good, still might get more balance patches I guess. Splatoon 3 still may come to Switch in the future.
More weapon kits, hairstyles and miscellaneous - going the extra mile to tie up minor loose ends, more balance patches. Definitely no Splatoon 3 until next console.
Spinoff announcement - they took the hype in Japan and worldwide staying power to heart. Please don't be phone game.
Splatoon 3 announcement - they took the hype to heart, but why would they do this?! It doesn't make sense. They have other creative muscles to flex and should let this formula sit for a while.

Also hoping for a Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer and Pikmin 4.

Splatoon 3 is either coming next year, or the year after it, the Switch is very early in it's lifespan, I don't think we'll get Splatoon 2 in the same turnaround as Splatoon 1.
They said it's unlikely to get more big additions, so at the least Splatoon 3 is probably in early development.

Anyway, the next Assassin's Creed game is rumored to be Vikings based, but it's unlikely to be shown this year.
PS5 is also not until 2020 at the least, and even then that's a moot point since we might not even get any Sony news.

Last edited:
You have left out the Nintendo Tournaments occurring on the 8th & 9th as well. They are part of E3 and need to be recognized on that list.

Added to the list, but it should be noted the exact times weren't on the source I'm using, will be updated later.

Also on the source was a "Fortnite Block Party", but I won't be listing that for obvious reasons. (Not that I hate it, but because I don't think it will have any valuable new information)

EA day's of play started today, mostly talking about Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order: Too Many Colons, and FPS-y games.
To be fair though Fallen Order does look pretty decent, at the least.

I'd say this might be promising if it had another 12 months in the oven, but isn't it coming out in like 4? Seems way too rough.

Yeah, it certainly looks like a video game, nothing really excites me too much but it looks perfectly alright, who knows? Apparently Titanfall 2's story mode was fucking great

calling gamestop to preorder battletoads

Reactions: Jutsei
Microsoft Conference had a lot of cool reveals (Halo Infinite, Xbox Two, Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga, Tales of, Elden Ring), but there were a lot of "What?" moments (Battletoads art style, Lego Forza, Funko Gears)
A solid 7.8 or 8.1/10.
Bethesda's conference in 45 minutes.

I'm heartbroken that the new Tales is on everything but Switch. Us Nintendo kiddos haven't had a new game and gotten it localized since the mess that was Symphonia 2, back in 2008.

Devolver announcing a lightgun arcade cabinet was surprising to say the least.

calling gamestop to preorder battletoads
What is this, 2007? Even then arcades would still be dead so that doesn't make much more sense.

Last edited:
PSO 2 finally coming to the USA after almost 7 years. Took you long enough SEGA!

Watch_Doges 3 looks fucking amazing, definitely gonna nab that one. Love that killer granny.
Not sold on Perma death though, chances are I'm gonna close the game when I get the option to surrender or resist.

I realized I don't feel anything anymore with CG trailers. Elden Ring, Ghostwire and Deathloop are probably all going to be cool since they're made by good teams but the trailers did absolutely nothing for me to the point I really don't think I would feel any different if I had no watched them.

Maybe it's me, I'm not trying to sound like I'm bitching about CG trailers, but when they're always just some key images and maybe a couple phrases but giving no real context for what's even happening or what the game is I just get nothing at this point.

Evil Genius 2 got announced, I don't know if anyone cares, but the first one was really cool, maybe this one will be too.
Vampire got an "extended gameplay trailer"

Well, with very little effort, Nintendo won E3.
Holy shit.
I don't even know where to start.
Seiken Densetsu 3 getting remade in 3D, but also the original version being rereleased and finally translated in the west as Trials of Mana?
That's... that's big.

I'd say Squenix won based on all we got for FF VII Remake alone. Microsoft came in second on the power of Keanu, and Nintendo a close third.

I think the ESA won E3 because they get to claim they're still relevant despite holding the industry back to the point the U.S. government is now about to step in due to them not doing their job.