• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4 ESL 1 on 1 Contender Cup North America for Skullgirls 2nd Encore+

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
Starting last weekend (April 8 and 9, 2017), ESL has begun weekly contender cups on PS4 through the PS4 Events system.
When I first saw the events on PS4, there was only the tournaments on April 8 and 9, but they have since added further tournaments for upcoming weekends, so this might be a regular thing for ESL.

As far as I know, there is no official stream for this.

Short Details from the ESL site:
Mode: 1on1
Requirements:
  • Players must enter their PSN Account Game ID
PSN Account

You need to connect your PSN account to your ESL account. Head over to your Playstation, go to Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Link with Other Services > ESL. Connect to your ESL account and the Game ID will be registered after that point.

Where to find PSN Account:

To connect your PSN account to your ESL account go to your PlayStation 4, head over to events and register in at the event you want to play at. Then you will need to link your PSN account with the ESL one. The Game ID will be registered after the linkage.
  • Players must have residence in one of the following countries: CA, US
  • Players must be at least 13 years old
Format
  • Single Elimination
  • Best of Five Games
  • Default settings
  • Winner must use the same team, character, and assist (Loser may switch)
Note: This cup does not feature prizes
Full details can be viewed on the ESL website for each individual event.

Check-In at 17:45 EDT
Tournament Start at 18:00 EDT

Times may change at ESL's discretion. Please make sure to check the ESL website for correct start and check-in time.

Week 1
Saturday, April 8 - Contender Cup #1 North America
Sunday, April 9 - Contender Cup #2 North America

Week 2
Saturday, April 15 - Contender Cup #3 North America
Sunday, April 16 - Contender Cup #4 North America

Week 3
Saturday, April 22 - Contender Cup #5 North America
Sunday, April 23 - Contender Cup #6 North America

Week 4
Saturday, April 29 - Contender Cup #7 North America
Sunday, April 30 - Contender Cup #8 North America

List of Contenter Cups at ESL (Search Query)

These are what they have up so far, and they may post more and have this be a regular thing.
Check your PS4 Events tab for Skullgirls events.

I'm not really sure what ESL is planning for Skullgirls, but I think it's pretty cool that they've taken an interest, so I thought I'd bring this to light on the forums.

Last edited: