• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Fallen Kings New Years Tournament at GameKing

Pandamanana

Reaction score
Filia Double
The Skullhearts Events page: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?events/fallen-kings-new-years-tournament-at-gameking.29/

https://www.facebook.com/events/566993123375091/?previousaction=join&source=1

1456125_10152360826864951_358021985_n.jpg

The guys over at GameKing in Fall River, Massachusetts are hosting their first fighting game tournament on January 4th, 2014.
Games featured:
Injustice: 4pm
Skull Girls: 4pm
SSF4AE2013: 5pm
UMvC3: 6pm

Sign ups will close 30 minutes prior to start. If you are going to be late to sign up please call Game King to confirm your entree before sign ups close, we will not wait. Strict start times.

Prices:
Venue Fee: $5.00 (waived if you bring an ENTIRE set-up)
Entry Fee: $10.00 per game competing in

Pay outs:
$100 bonus SSF4AE2013
$100 bonus UMvC3
$50 bonus Skull Girls
$50 bonus Injustice

1st:60% + pot bonus
2nd:30%
3rd:10%

Tournament Format:
SSF4AE2013, Skull Girls, Injustice will be best 2/3. Finals will be best 3/5.
UMvC3 will be best 3/5.

SF, Marvel, and Injustice will be on 360, Skull Girls will be on PC/Laptop.

I will be going and providing a setup for Skullgirls. I am pretty sure that @Icky is confirmed for attending as well. Let's get as many New England Skullgirls players there as possible to show the Marvel/Streetfighter/Injustice players what's up.

Reactions: Zidiane and Icky
I've been given the green light by Gary to stream Skullgirls at this tournament.

Reactions: Zidiane and Icky
Is Dekillsage goin 0-5 in this tournament as well?

Reactions: Icky
This tournament has been renamed "Battle by the Cove", for some reason. I liked Fallen Kings but whatever. Everything else is the same (pot bonus, entry fee, start time, etc)

It's named after Battleship Cove in Fall River, but yeah... perhaps not as metal as Fallen Kings.

Oh! My goodness! This is tomorrow!

How are the roads looking in Mass and stuff? Do you guys think it'll be safe to come all the way out?

Reactions: Pandamanana
The roads are still iffy, but I'm still going to make it out, for obvious reasons. They should clear up just nicely by noon, which is exactly when I'm heading out.

The roads are still iffy, but I'm still going to make it out, for obvious reasons. They should clear up just nicely by noon, which is exactly when I'm heading out.
Zid, Nate, and I should be there around 1:30-2. We need to play KoF sometime today, since we were going to do that forever ago and we still haven'ttttt

I wanna KOF toooooooooo

I'd be down to play KoF, but the tournament in September reminded me of just how ass I am. Always down for casuals though. On that note, are you going today @Uzumakihero

I'd be down to play KoF, but the tournament in September reminded me of just how ass I am. Always down for casuals though. On that note, are you going today @Uzumakihero

Trying to find a ride. I do rememebr @mcpeanuts offering me a ride if I got to the framingham station, but I should find a ride that'll get me back to Boston at night.

So far, a no go. Had one guy who could have possibly done it, but he gets out of work later on.

Videos from the tournament are up, almost. Having trouble getting Zidiane vs The Doctor to upload for some reason but the rest of them are there:

Thanks to everyone who came out, I hope you had fun :)

Reactions: Icky