• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 26, 2016] Winter Brawl X (Essington, PA)

Chip Blaster

Intermediate Player
Reaction score
Steam
genoisawesome
Parasoul Big Band
12341073_1080192202014936_7706289612630973658_n.jpg

Big E Gaming Presents
WBX - Winter Brawl X

DATE:
2/26/2016 - 2/28/2016

76 Industrial Hwy
Essington, Pa.

You can make your NEC16 hotel reservations using the links below.

Hotel link will be up by the 5th of Jan.

EVENT AND STREAM SCHEDULE:
TBA

POOL ASSIGNMENTS:
TBA

BRACKETS:
TBA

FEES:
Will be up soon.

Emergency On-site Registration Fee - $60 (Does not guarantee you seeding by location or otherwise!)
Spectator Fee - $25 for the weekend

RULES:
Official rules for all games and tournaments can be found at www.bigegaming.com.

*Important rules regarding controllers*
- All converters, except for the XCM Crossfire 3.0 and Brook super converters, are banned on PS4. You must use an USB extension cable with your Brook converter to prevent damage to our consoles' controller ports.
- Cronus converters are banned on XBOX360.

MAIN TOURNAMENTS ($10 entry fee per game):

*Playstation 3*
Blazblue Chronophantasma EXTEND
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Guilty Gear Xrd
Under Night In-Birth: EXE
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
King of Fighters 13

*Playstation 4*
SFV
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - FREE entry.
Mortal Kombat X -
Skullgirls (currently listed as PS3 on the facebook page but he said he's gonna change it)-

*Xbox 360*
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter IV

*Xbox One*
Killer Instinct -

Super Smash Bros For Wii U

SIDE EVENTS (unofficial):
tbd

and more to come!

Eric "Big E" Small
267-231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

More Big E Gaming:
http://twitter.com/BigEGaming
http://bigegaming.com/
http://bigegaming.challonge.com/

Facebook event page:

And let's not forget what our good friend @IAmAphroDynamek told us:

Last edited:
iuts kit

its lgit

is light

itd lig

its lit

first try

Didn't BigE also say something about the winner of Winter Brawl getting free entrance to Final (Event) or something like that?

Final Round is the event in Atlanta

I can't confirm 100% for sure right now, need to ask for time off of work.

I'll let everyone know asap.

In the scenario where I can't go i'll be sure to find people/a person capable of running it for you all <3

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Big E Gaming presents Winter Brawl X featuring free entry for Skullgirls.

No other details beyond that and the date are available yet, but stay tuned...

@Vadsamoht Kill this thread. I just saw there already was a listing for WBX.

Nah, keep this version
This version actually has an event linked to it.
Go ahead and lock the one I made

Is it a thing that lots of people will be going to? There's no pot bonus or anything at this stage so I'd only want to add if if it's going to be one of those events that everyone tries to go out to.

Didn't Big E say this was gonna be free entry? So there's that, but yea I don't think this one's gonna be a big event, so I wouldn't expect anyone to fly out for this one.

Oops. I meant to merge these into the thread with the event listing, and instead merged them into an ordinary thread. Sorry :/

Oops. I meant to merge these into the thread with the event listing, and instead merged them into an ordinary thread. Sorry :/
Can't believe this. RIP my RSVP

Reactions: ElkyDori
The SG Curse isn't as impressive theae days...

The SG Curse isn't as impressive theae days...
I dunno, that typo was pretty brutal.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I dunno, that typo was pretty brutal.
Those letters are right next to each other. It's not even fair.

@Vadsamoht The info for WBX has been posted. Do we make a new event thread or what?

So is there any way to add an event to an already created thread, or should I make this the room sharing thread and make an actual event now that there's more info?

@Vadsamoht The info for WBX has been posted. Do we make a new event thread or what?
If someone wants to make an event thread I can try merging them properly this time... if you're willing to risk it lol

Just want to say that I talked to a few people today and they really liked the fact that we got a lot of people out for NEC, and are hoping we get good numbers for Winter Brawl too.
I'll keep an eye on the Winter Brawl facebook page and update this with more information once I see changes.

Reactions: ElkyDori
Got one of my friends (who hasn't been to a tournament before) to register.
My other friend might register too.
ITS
LIT

Ay so due to work I can't make it out to this.

Someone run the tournament pls thank yoooooou~

I can (hopefully) help run a bracket, but no promises since I'm also competing in three other games

Thanks I should be able to handle it though. I'm only entering Skullgirls and I was gonna want to be around that area the whole time anyways to watch pool matches

One thing tho @keninblack if you're not going when are we ever going to be able to exchange the CEOtaku medals lol? I'm really kicking myself for not remembering at NEC

Thanks I should be able to handle it though. I'm only entering Skullgirls and I was gonna want to be around that area the whole time anyways to watch pool matches

One thing tho @keninblack if you're not going when are we ever going to be able to exchange the CEOtaku medals lol? I'm really kicking myself for not remembering at NEC

Final Round? Do or DI? An Inflict in the future? Uhhh CEO? Uhhh EVO? Uhhhh somf?

Can't you guys just mail the stuff to each other? Think of it like late Christmas gifts.

(Or valentine's, if that's more of your guys's thing :P )