• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Filia Encore Combos

Wat. I thought I was supposed to cancel j.mk because it was written as "j. mk xx" so I thought I should be doing only 1 hit with it and not both. I guess I just read that wrong

New max damage corner route (I think)

c.lk s.mk s.hp
j.hp j.hk adc j.lk j.hp
s.hp* xx ringlet
tk H airball
dash cancel s.mp c.mk H hairball
otg c.lp s.lp s.lk s.mp c.mk s.hk H hairball fenrir

*c.hp on lights

7857 dmg (7806 with c.hp)

theres also an easier version without the first j.hp:

c.lk s.mk s.hp
j.hk adc j.lk j.hp
s.hp xx ringlet
tk H airball
dash cancel s.mp c.mk s.hk H hairball
otg c.lp s.lp s.lk s.mp c.mk s.hk H hairball fenrir

7735 dmg

this one is universal if you hit the light characters low enough to the ground after j.hp, which is pretty easy, but you can also do c.hp instead for a little bit more consistency, you'll get 7676 with the full combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: GN4RK
Here are a couple Filia corner combos:
Somone's probably put this combo here but I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread.
Inputs are:
cr.LK, MK, HP
j.HP, j.HK
ADC, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK
cr.MP (cr.LK for heavies), cr.HP, Psych
MK, cr.HP, Psych
LK, HP
delay, j.LP, H Airball
ADC, j.MP
LPx2, LK, MP, cr.MK, HK, H Hairball, Fenrir

Corner HCH combo, this is a modified version of @joshb911's one from a few pages back but I got rid of the j.HP, j.HK, ADC, j.HP, j.HK, cr.LK bit since I think that is lights only and is pretty tight.
Inputs are:
HP
j.HP, j.HK
ADC, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK
cr.MP, cr.HP, Psych
MK, cr.HP, Psych
LK, HP
delay, j.LP, H Airball
ADC, j.MP
LPx2, LK, MP, cr.MK, HK, H Hairball, Fenrir
For heavies you replace lines 4 onwards with:
cr.LK, cr.HP, Psych
MK, HP, Ringlet
MP, HP
j.LP, H Airball
ADC, ender

Spent countless hours practicing your heavy corner HCH, then I bumped into this video:

Care to comment (@Lex or anyone else)?

I've only had a chance just now to practice it at 10% speed against Filia as demonstrated, and haven't been able to pull it off against Big Band.

EDIT: Also having trouble doing it on Peacock. Might be character-specific.

What do you guys think about it in terms of difficulty? Would I be correct in thinking that it'd need to be adjusted for other characters? Any idea how I could go about that if so?

Last edited:
I think it'd probably be universal but I dunno. What part of it drops vs Band?

It is a bit limited in terms of its application since you can only do it off of that burst bait which is why for my HCH combos I start with HP. If you're landing that bait enough though that it is worth having a combo for it then that's fine of course.

Reactions: Orion751
I think it'd probably be universal but I dunno. What part of it drops vs Band?

Tried again w/ Big Band. Having trouble keeping him from hitting the floor and using the OTG between the Ringlet and the Airball.

It is a bit limited in terms of its application since you can only do it off of that burst bait which is why for my HCH combos I start with HP. If you're landing that bait enough though that it is worth having a combo for it then that's fine of course.

Great insight. It seems like there are combos for so many different situations in this game that it's best to figure where to get the most bang for your training time.

I have been getting that burst bait, though I've been looking to perform it mainly for intrinsic purposes. With so much going on IRL, I figured instead of trying to be the next Daigo I'd at least get to the point where I can set-up and land something fancy like a reasonably damage-optimized (although I know damage isn't everything, resets are too sweet!), corner burst-bait combo in matches w/ consistency. After that, I'll see if I can do the same w/ happy birthdays.

Since you haven't referred to your HCH combo as a burst bait, what situations have you typically found yourself landing it? I typically don't start w/ s. HP unless it's a punish (and therefore, not a counter hit). Just hit the lab and confirmed that it can be preceded by j. HP or j. HP, j. HK.

I normally land it from either a burst bait of punish (you still get counterhit if it's a punish in SG). For punishing a burst, the difference between using mine and gllt's one is that his only works off of baits that leave the opponent high in the air whereas you can use the HP starter regardless of the burst height.

I'd also say that you don't need to learn HCH combos and especially HCH corner combos until you already have all the fundamental stuff down pat. You can just do your normal combo usually and spend that lab time on playing vs people instead. Once you are comfortable with all your central combos, resets, etc then think about HCH combos.

I normally land it from either a burst bait of punish (you still get counterhit if it's a punish in SG).

Quite a find. Other resources incorrectly state that countering only happens during startup and active frames like every other fighter I've come across (http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Game_Systems/States#Counter_Hit).

That said, my testing supports your claim, and the tutorial *very* subtly hints that you're correct:

This confusion is a huge oversight on the devs' part IMO. All this time I thought I was getting lucky w/ dropped punishes!

I'd also say that you don't need to learn HCH combos and especially HCH corner combos until you already have all the fundamental stuff down pat. You can just do your normal combo usually and spend that lab time on playing vs people instead. Once you are comfortable with all your central combos, resets, etc then think about HCH combos.

I started off with the bnb combo from the bnb thread, used the corner combo from that same thread for awhile, and now I've been using the damage combo you discussed earlier in this thread (the one where you recommended c. LK over c. MP to OTG for easier timing, which I have applied). What I like to do is reset just before or during the light attacks of the final ground string for a high/low/throw mixup.

In addition to the combos we've discussed, I've also been meaning to find one focused on corner-carry. I wasn't impressed by the one I found in the bnb thread, as I didn't find a significant difference in carry distance from the others.

While I'm by no means an expert and have ways to go, I consider myself past noob. ex., Although I've been focusing on Filia as my only character for now, I'm aware of the benefits of lockdown assists from my time w/ MvC2.

Even though it may not be the most efficient way to improve my overall game and I know that reset points are a factor to be considered, I'm at the point in my fighting game life where I'd like to see how far I can go with some of the fancier stuff. My neutral is good enough to setup combos, I'd just like to see how much I can get out of it.