• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Frank's quirky videos & stream: A Prime Waste of Your Bandwidth

pegglefrank

I am 5000lbs of folded diamonds and sex appeal!
Reaction score
Steam
PeggleFrank
Big Band Beowulf Cerebella
█▐ / youtube.com/user/Pegglefrank

I'm not very good at this game, so I won't post many CMVs. I also lack advanced editing tools, at least for the moment, so most of my videos are quite raw.

However, I do post interesting, perhaps even quirky, things. My uploads tend to be hit or miss, but regardless of the quality, what I upload is probably going to be something you haven't seen before. I also have some pretty cool videos that aren't SG based. You might like them too.

Here are some samples of what you can come to expect from my YouTube channel:

I also stream. I haven't streamed in awhile, but I have some fairly cool, if outdated, software, that should hopefully make my streams look interesting if nothing else. I don't have a microphone, unfortunately.

You can catch my streams once in a blue moon at twitch.tv/pegglefrank. Alternatively, hop in the IRC or message me on Steam to see if I'm streaming.

Last edited:
More stuff!

If you remember my other video, "Welcome to the Arcade," this is basically that but reversed. Welcome to the Arcade was a video of me playing in half time through Cheat Engine and then speeding up the video by 2x in post processing. Cheat engine only increased the time between sound effects, because the sound effects were still at 1x speed; they're external assets and aren't really affected by any kind of speedhack. The result of all this was that a normal-looking video was produced, but the sounds were 2x faster. This made Big Band sound like a plinko machine, and turned Beowulf into a meowling kitten.

"Welcome to the Moderately Slower Arcade" is the same thing, but I sped the game up by 2x through Cheat Engine instead and slowed it down to 0.5x in post processing. The result is, well, a 30 fps video (I'm not going to record in 120 fps just for this), but also distorted sound effects that are 2x slower. I also enabled music for this video to increase hilarity.

I added as many visual effects as were available in the YouTube Video Editor, which is why "faces" are sometimes blurred and the screen likes to shift around.

Finally picked up a decent video editor today. I forget who recommended it to me, but VideoPad is pretty good for what it is.