• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Friday the 13th: The Game

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
Since I started talking about it in Gaming Discussion, I thought I might as well make a thread for this kickstarted game that's due out in October this year.
(Plus the gameplay trailer I posted in the E3 thread got three+ likes, so why not)

Friday the 13th: The Game is an asymmetrical multiplayer 1v6 game, where one player is Jason Voorhees, and everyone else is a Camp Councilor, all they have to do is survive, but since only a few people can win, you might not even get any co-op, meanwhile, all Jason has to do is kill everyone (Or mostly anyone)
Naturally, Jason has an array of abilities, as well as special kills to keep the councilors in check.
With massive maps, as well as 15-20 minute matches, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun
But I might as well link both it's Kickstarter Page, as well as its world gameplay debut

It was kickstarted in October last year, and was previously Summer Camp: Vol 1, later it was purchased by the Friday the 13th guys, and everything was changed to have the strong F13 License.
Which includes at least 6 Jason skins (With more later, if the game does well, it may even get Pamela Voorhees as an option if it sells well enough), each with special weapons, and sometimes abilities, even if you haven't seen Friday the 13th at least once (Like me), it looks like a pretty good game (So far)

So I'm hoping it'll be a good movie game, so talk about it here!
(And when it comes out, we might be able to arrange some games or something)

Also, if you want to back the game (Or just preorder it, and at the same time help build up some of the stretch goals/future parts of the game)
You can back it on Backer Kit, and have your choice of goodies, including a special Jason skin (By Tom Savini), and some Councilor clothes, I'm planning to get it on PC
Hoping for an NES Jason skin!

Game looks really fun, and really captures the feel of the movies.

I hope Jason is as moe as he is in MKX.

I kinda hope once the game is out, they'll ask NRS if they can have a Mortal Kombat X Jason skin, that's a kinda original skin

Oh, and if you're curious, the Jasons in the game at launch will be
Part II Jason (Bag Head)
Part III Jason (No notch in Mask)
Part VI Jason (Zombie Jason)
Part VII Jason (Zombie Jason with the Chain Around Neck)
Part VIII Jason (Zombie Jason in Manhattan)
Part IX Jason (Jason Goes to Hell Jason)
"Tom Savini" Jason (Special brand new Jason skin if you pay $6 extar in Slasher Backer)

Last edited:
When's

KnIVNhQ.gif

Reactions: CatfishZealot
Displaying camp members running / making noise on the screen with the sonar effect instead of relying on Jason to listen to players is extremely pathetic.

Teleporting into the view of a camp member and then instant killing them isn't good gameplay for either player.
(I've heard this wont stick)

Seeing camp members behind objects and buildings when chasing them is too easy.

Making houses glow bright red and ghost when camp members are inside them (presumably until they leave) prevents hiding.

Clicking on the map to teleport should be replaced with turning Jason invisible and choosing out of sight spawn points like Left 4 Dead.
I hope the map is a placeholder?

Also, did you see how close the camp member was to the edge of the bed while hiding under it?
How is that hiding spot ever supposed to work against a player?
People picked up the small delayed frosted breath particles from invisible (100% unrendered) players during a snow storm in Metal Gear Solid 4's online in the sneaking game modes.
I hope the closets are a little bit more useful, but with the game flashing the house entirely red to let you know someone entered it I doubt hiding will ever work.

I fully understand this is the 'gameplay first look' but I really think they have a lot of work to do if they want to make this style of game work.
Until then the Dead by Daylight game seems to be executed far better, and the map has the clutter / floral / lightning to support the survivors hiding against trained eyes.

Very unimpressed so far.

Jason was amped up to 11 in the demo, he starts with ONE ability, if he scares councilors and uses fear effectively, he gets them slowly.

Also you're 100% hidden when under the bed (Currently).
There's an analysis and saying whats what, it's all balanced, but I can't link the video right now because my internets acting funky, and I'm literally about to leave.

A little, Councilors need to be scared and fearful, mostly, fear is generated by a variety of things, dumb horror movie decisions included, Jason detects fear and that's how he finds you (Or if you're making a lot of noise, and if your character is really scared, they'll mumble to themselves and cause noise even if you're still)

I could go into more detail, but I'll just link the video I said before.
Everything in this was from an interview with the devs, so it's not interpretation, it's how the game'll work and be balanced

Been a while, might as well dust this thread off, the beta came and went back in December, and we're still on track for an Early 2017 release date, pretty much all Jason skins are ready for deployment too, have a gander at the latest trailer

Game's been out for 2 weeks aaaaaaaaaand

It's very fun. Very very very fun. Very dynamic. No match feels quite the same since there's so many possible ways to escape Jason and so many ways Jason himself can fuck you over. At launch the game was a buggy mess and it took forever to find a game online, but both of those problems have been ironed out and now the only real issue is the eyebrow-raising 40$ price tag.

Also I recommend playing with a mic. HIGHLY recommend. Communication is important.

As an apology for the rough start, the devs are giving you free shit!

Motherfuckin' NES Jason, called it!
Wish he had a Machete instead of an axe, but a chiptune remix playing for him instead is way better.
Hope when there's a no survivors round it instead says
You and Your Friends are Dead.
Game Over.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Thread Necro, but some big news.
Game was just updated with "Spring Break 1984" skins for all councilors, which are basically swimsuits for everyone (Chad gets a killer Speedo)

Sometime soon (Presumably Friday the 13th on October), the game will be getting a bigger update which adds Jason from Part IV, as well as the Jarvis House from (again), Part IV.
New kills, and a new weapon (A Machete/Pig Sticker)
Trailer under spoiler.

Later down the line we also get "Virtual Cabin 2.0" which will be a museum of trivia about the Jasons, models/stuff in the game, and some hidden P.T. like mechanics

And not only that, the devs have released a "DLC Roadmap" which details their plans for the immediate future (Up to Winter 2017/18, looks like)
Updates include: More Councelors, Even more new councelors, Singleplayer mode, another new Jason, an entirely new mode (Pamela Mode?) A new map, and at the very end, a combo new Jason + New Map (Jason X Map + Uber Jason?)
Full map is here
yYSlDV5.jpg

I'm honestly floored and pleasantly surprised by how much the Devs clearly just love this game and making things for it, it's clearly a passion project and it's got so much heart even if there are occasionally bugs (Small dev team, forgivable )

That's a DAMN good DLC plan layout.

It's clear, concise, fun to look at, and detailed!

I'm a respectable level 40ish in-game. Haven't played since the small maps update but I should get back into it.

The update is out, Part IV Jason, The Jarvis House, as well as a new councilor ("The Stoner" / Mitch) has been added, enjoy a Double EXP Weekend, while you're at it!

Note though, you have to be Level 44 to use Part 4 Jason.

Here's his special kills

Been a long time since there's been an update.
In the time since then, they added Part 5 Jason, as well as hinted at a new mode, and said Uber Jason + A Spaceship map was coming, right?

Well, sad to say, but I felt like sharing the unfortunate state of affairs.
Friday the 13th is no longer getting any future updates that are DLC, and the ones that are in development? Canned.
This is not for malicious reasons. This was due to some very frivolous lawsuit shenanigans.
To sum it all up, it's entangled within the nightmare of a web of "Who owns the Copyright to Jason and Friday the 13th?" A court case of which started a long time ago but nly just now caused problems for the series. Two people involved with the original Friday the 13th are fighting over who owns the copyrights

It's still being heard in court, but because that takes so long to take care of, it's not feasible for them to continue supporting the game and wait for it all to happen.
It's all over.
But what a ride it's been.

If you still want Horror inspired games to play, there's Dead by Daylight (Which just got a Clown, and has a thread here you can talk in), and Last Year, which is like this but First Person.

Don't mean to bring down anyone, but it truly is a sobering story that needed some clarification.