• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua Compendium

Since I'm at it dear gud fukuas what the fuck am I supposed to do with Platonic Drillationship

Is it possible to add match ups section? It would be nice to know what to do against other cast.

Will be done as soon as mike stops adjusting fukua
Lol you know when one wants to make a guide they actually do it and just adjust it rather than waiting for the character to no longer be tamper.

Lol you know when one wants to make a guide they actually do it and just adjust it rather than waiting for the character to no longer be tamper.
Lol you know when one hasn't ever made (and will never make) a guide they actually just stay silent (as they are in no position whatsoever to tell a contributing member of the community what one should or shouldn't do) rather than acting haughty on the internet.

Already added in like 20 new things for you my man. Check them out and let me know what you think or just ignore them.

Added in some stuff real quick and made a few edits and suggestions

Attention: i'll need some assistance with making a full blown video. This will cover her neutral tools. Her special moves, matchups.

I will be splitting the video into parts and each part will focus on a particular subject. Like for instances a particular special move. Showing its properties and then show how to apply it.

In total this could be an hour long vid if i did it in one shot. Which is why i'm doing it in parts. Which is why i may need help editing and trimming and panning and all that

I can't do editing but I can record some of my stuff if you want?

Update:fixed notation.

What i did was spaced ground strings and air strings apart. I also revaulated the damage for each combo.

I need to do the final fukua changes in overview section and possibly re-write how the character is viewed since i made during fukua 2.0 build.

Last thing to write up on is matchups in a 1v1 situation

General Overview/History

Fukua came into the existence of skullgirls in only three days! It all started after the release of Decapre, which made many fans of Street Fighter outraged about the hype for a seemingly clone version of cammy. In response to that incident, MikeZ decided to take the leftover code from the alpha version of skullgirls and decided to use Filia’s model to create a new character. Upon April Fools, Fukua was announced as a new character for skullgirls and not only that, Fukua was also available for people that had the Skullgirls endless beta on steam. The reception for Fukua was mixed as some thought that Fukua was made with the IGG’s funds when in reality MikeZ made the character by himself and reused frames from Filia’s move set to make the character. In the end it was up to the community as to whether Fukua could stay in the game permanently. In the end after many changes to Fukua she is here to stay in the Skullgirls roster.

Pros/Cons

Pros

• Good Dhcs

• Goes well in any order

• Builds decent meter

• Has easy buttons to press

• Easy Character

• She has tools for every situation
Cons

• Her damage is set(meaning no combo route allows more than 7.3k Midscreen and 8.5k in the corner.

• She’s a jack of all trades, master of none

• Hard time opening up people sometimes.

• Slightly poor defense

Normal

Return to Table of Contents

S LP

Startup: 6F

MhjAYpc5dJMg1YD3ZngZoSFyTd0DGgS5qFNX_q8eFk2ejNOOHCxgUU4ByQZK1fUFrKItG-RfH7EFqUl8QxkmfCLnYeeEwM8nddipBd3pF0ZDKXg3qPqjBbQ_7xiHqOwVCIKDrLc

S. Lp is mainly a combo filler; it’s also short. While it may be a mid attack, it’s 6 frames. So if you find something a bit hard to punish, this will be the normal to punish.

*Special note: Its low hitstun and 0f advantage allows for resets regarding tick throws. Its also a very short normal like Filia’s.

S MP

Startup: 10F

ykbsoRSEJnO7E20BNNujzyJJ2f7Dd6OXortsvrPm0PxxspxzHypvaJA8PpUzaKAeU0svMIlBvmL-dJrjNhV6j8sj4QXLRpacUdw276ZdmvtL7N0mvxX6nZAxFmXHHnyfESH6Fgk

S. Mp is 10 and on block is -4. Its reach is decent. This is also mostly used in combos fillers only.

*Special note: The hitstun allows comboing into L shadow. It can allow a throw reset though its not recommended. It can allow for shadow resets as well. Fukua’s S mp is 3 frames faster than Filia’s(13f).

S HP

Startup: 12F

zSXK-2gwq2n3YcwMg4V0lSnL_lNO8g6tyraKuAenwkBpr8zIy0KlRW1RQXLvXW-MomxVw3qFPyyLhfWu2cY1wU9i5xhLHMteLcZyImOm4I_4bFbrZXSYbxI9jDOHrEuLr3azaCs

This normal is your normal launcher. Unlike Filia, Fukua’s launcher on block is -11 while Filia’s is -4. This normal will be your important move for transitioning to combos. Due to its large hitbox it can be used to stuff jump ins and IAD attacks. be careful since if its chicken blocked or blocked you can be punished if you do not cancel it to L drill (or tender embrace)

S LK

Startup: 7F

cwfey-33d4OxASY1sTksDYCbt1yzRgkJG0uj0kmNZeJtcRKrq44YqRPr_MrpIsifAmr46sxl6BXErejnl8QQKhU6v7ACyj91pNRcL_4GxSPWzNa5pJh0nenfIAzgSurwYuKnKnk

S. Lk is a normal that looks like Filia’s but here’s the interesting part. It can be chained twice into either another S. Lk or C. Lk.

S MK

meGz8svLj2s1Ic6OHdOvxwMmqVNqmzEQrmUQ3qMT47a-22JtUP-cfZRTbuxVn0hmEMTeOvtl1fcgJvmJRg-qB3wXZKBNBHi0n2abqE-PpsKdzbFfqHQzu__7MDHAVv7kXcWjXaA

S. Mk is the most important move for Fukua. It is her literal confirm off of a hit from any light normal as it moves her forward (unlike Filia’s) allowing combo conversion from nearly any situation. Also note that by moving her forward it can also save OTG for corner combo. (be careful with this move however because it does not always hit grounded opponents)

S HK

Startup: 19F

EcagtjfNj_hf-JLZabOptgttSq5gQHLDtQtgsrZ9q4DznSnmFlNWFLo_AMJCNBGy-AImhb4Ti6OZGExJsgpgRsSksdDAEyLoj9YnnBOqXAaxtKK_LM9QMT8xVLM1tdlM5OTmby0

Nub8qXbonZiOmf7uDCmgkIx_gMyFANd7nR0c7lx5s1QksKZciVGnfFnC-o5bzT7WrzDvVp_OWXD6n2zuf5hNrF7W4ZPUJT35OY8FZVQi_cNEX-2zrqBfG8glq0g1eF9x2Z1v0o0

The properties of this move is that during the whole frames. It dodges any low attacks. Another thing is that it moves you one character space before lunging forward with the donkey kick. This move should be used in neutral when zoning by using s.hk and cancelling into other special attacks, for instance L shadow, or M shadow or H shadow

C LK

E6Vw5NsvLGxTG7-zVkrxDHbY9WdkMAnkD8LK_EXgxKd0enax73nWSKmI0mb0gOBO230eBmwlZdUpy5aDCvdBNLpMeJ1N-m3fSXWJ1S4SIkjSPLFp1gcUrXzXQ0A9WLUmMAY1E_s

A 7f low that can be chained twice like Fukua’s S.lk. Pretty much is your poke for finding a hit. Its frame advantage also allows tick throws. It can also be chained into itself two times

C MK

A8A6BXrR1Tr80OX2j3cv9yJis0y8LPWNqHeN2lkDHbI5LmgL-r3UT2P_8EBBnR5k1-Zh9fKupBz_AIqt-CGFr0YEO2A6u17lzmvOkaSCH2svicvigTl2RbAcKWOfA-ZefXzG2rc

EtVH-iavHP9FyQy6SmYtOseDN0WWy4_dfqW-nASPmIsEcYEBW1MEGe8ceEfdEqvY33hCuxlPJHs5liLoSkW8iRp6lpyTdOputbMG4biLIdfEDuTzn_8-oXmJ-I0mTAO1pz4gvOQ

FqD5brGwflwDhYR1DPqZVellsmUwcfZKJPqWhoIExZ9oTMQnLdNNmEQmmVYJlh0GooNzHZlVAcRsULLpzFozXSBZG3gZ70ybsMF3FvTnNXK-D1YLOTxsJ5EMu7okc4L51QwfGik

A 10f Multi hit low that unlike Filia’s it’s now 3 hits. This move vacuums the opponent in which allows for some combo routes. (cr.mk also breaks armor)

C HK

Startup:12F

YRp5x7jgvHlmJJq5-apsNPCZ6RbrfguLvJsUKjvbl4qGop2MT2M1gTlQaIUBbRS8ixFawkAopJGh32g7xId6xysCMmnmoSa960k_wYzggU0eRwc2UpF9c8V4VJtMUvvXTnDDhIc

Like Filia’s its your 12f typical sweep. It can low profile under certain jumps ins and projectiles (e.g. M love dart, 2nd stage argus, napalm shot L and H, Firing squad, PW’s projectile?, Robos h and m beams, diamond deflector, L luger, vial toss, H bang). This move also breaks armor so very powerful against big band and lock and load assist

C LP

Startup: 6F

ayYZxcCzNDmi7D2fjLHX8eN42kVi-gZm4qc_C62ZVyKuWhVubImCl2ccJkVu_-1n_udMUO9-JFo8xlYF7CvtQdjtIwZMj9DXFqbd7_F__uaqc0lVR-jVb0ZqZHpvfpCersTr63M

Pretty much the same as Filia’s C. Lp. It allows for tick throws and is mostly a tool for combo filler. It is 6f so if you ever wanted to press a button. Press this one first!

C MP

Startup: 9F

emlPtIWOH2owS3szl52MDYh2nXa7XkV37NDVAyrm4M32tGkgKAzuQzTO1QdZVfoug0wGMp2sAkfLwNvXoXrc9_Xcx9wgoJ5duWTrpcg4kgk-7MPYWh5PMwGzFqij6GfGdbNOXIc

C. Mp is another important normal of Fukua’s. Unlike Filia’s, its 9 frames and not only that. Instead of launching them away, it launches to Fukua. This allows reset opportunities along with combos. It also can low profile as well as anti-air IAD attacks.

Special note: on block its -2

C HP

Startup: 12F

IRRbDmkwLKvhJ0Euy2TIUMnfh09WB3JD-7pzniyxRaThhJ3u1ugQrCFrnctLE_4n5fwkGmY0uM5TEBXQINBiTFxMatSYh4FRt4d0cYB7EhYDOEXZ9zcbwwLH4NHMGNFyL-RMwAY

lnDPJ9aQHJy1BQwavU7J1ubNL-kLd-i6maH_TB_9AXd28WHHZ9OE-gBI2OGNRpGnY6bSBhIPoRGetjYwKnr7iSvP0hFXJJYIwn7HC-h9jyzR_Qsd2lJ8tEKY6S8Dz4dxPGLZWL0

This normal is important in terms of combos and the fact that it low profiles and has the hitbox over a wide arc like in this picture.

*Special note: at close range Fukua can combo c.hp into L shadow and it anti-air’s Iad attacks.

J LK

1lYeD0MLOC4LmTAp8lhTg7nMtt34lUsCecW3yK6n-aH7EPMEB5zv6YH_4JLNDDhkFnUU7hj1f5FjyGZ4jE3aepmOKtlSfsXGaLgPZ-4AXHvat9WFXeEqFYi8a2PPIr7UgwybLRs

Ok I’ll be the first to say this. Without the airdash Fukua’s air normal SEEM like they do not carry any particular weight to them.

Anyways J. Lk is the only move to hit upward so if by chance the opponent is higher than you then use it. It is 7frames.

J LP

fVr1JH4RfSH4L_yzNsQ4Zb8P5hCCgwUdqSVOUXDZCpNosnGaKzkJE7UA7LObhAqwSB65Ws0ZVYk2CLt72tQrbgHCYDyvVfP8g348Bmor8PWh-45DzmOfToaKpzAbj5136MTRIGM

A excellent move for your A2A endeavors. While the active frames aren’t spectacular its 7 frames like J Lk and its hitbox is pretty decent enough to challenge anyone in the air with this move.

J MP

Startup 11F

VtCfpfWaPl1nRxBxXuQ89wzpnBzp_ah7-qzUbctOUQoL7jGTNPSIyTT35drMRoxZVqWWoearMsDpQ_B2yr_WeAYQzZj0xEU9Z_YwCisVNcTwS9zW_ohrL26Iu5bNTnYM2nvkvHU

A 11F move that’s a multi-hit like Filia’s. Mainly used for combos and what not. Barely used in neutral though it can be used in resets.

J MK

SO07uy943dfRbnGRhDRqDhmGfjGTCrFeqzwLle4SDVJYc6ztbp4Z8tL7i_NJadzj3MriV2wNpBiHsXR-UBvKcOBdMxCNbWb_EX-RkxjrOII_ALY92LyCjUbksofz3ts01C6w9BE

A 10F move that allows reset potential. Mostly used while coming down after a fireball when you superjump. Can be used to cross up the opponent.

J HP

hw8Z-9A1nHNzHvo8L5l1AMbTK4fP-VKGG8RygzqteIJOt-Rwn5QrNLW7hQxphgdqEOwFUxiivofVOZ3PvGaQOdyEAZbECtehLR6lqCTB-bRihGRL0n70C47Fr2hKcheZnAFyD6I

A 10F move that in neutral’s use is designed mainly to push the opponent back whenever you want to zone again. Mostly used in combos only.

J HK

Startup: 9F

yCWoo08ggRS1wryFhDkZOidsL6hA-zAphborStwxyboJP1YSFnl1GAQkEA1bMK-0tbMoHEuxbawLjGRQ54N--pgu8uLphWLBJU2-MEIkPjDmucLzfvKYdaD7BG_5H-ojLNAEL2A

People have been complaining about this move for an eternity. Its 9f move that allows conversion EVERYTIME. Your air to air conversion IS this move. The move is so good you will see every Fukua from early retail to current retail still place all their decisions in an air to air situation to landing this move. Blocked or chicken blocked the move is safe. The only thing that makes this move not broken is the fact that its made a mid-move. Which is one of the few jumping heavy normals that was made an mid move.

Specials

Return to Table of Contents

Platonic Drillationship

Start Ups:

L: 10 frames

M: 14 frames

H: 18 frames

khq_eFZpIFfEggpU5RqR2RnZ2CQdEbmbQSLurMUKB615YJEDKzMImtSOn4yJyJsJsX1OjqtftV_LXsdoBwKNwMgSeDkZ9P5Bvsw4I8qTO72LDSpsTMt1urQX2VuQ2ERKv1R4WO8

Platonic Drillationship will be your combo ender in all situations. L is 10 frames but the beauty of the move is that its +5 on hit. Which allows for either a throw or a low. M is 14 frames and allows +4 on hit. H is hit invincible and allows 0 on hit.

Forever a Clone L

Start up: 23-24F

QCJV4pmcuQgS83OZfQ7LuM2q1GeDt9bGd8ZP4CbH6B0WjI5zb8lcP_Nn-IexuwYuC9upu7LQoJVJQ3D50Kp7m0cH84r8zC4g-5ctNzXB2if4k0e8hSgpYwcf2Vqnaq2DZ6hYWYw

Fukua’s fastest shadow move. You will be using this along with the other shadows. it’s a projectile so it does not cause preblock, however it can catch people pressing buttons in the air. The move similar to cilia slide from double. This move also breaks armor and can be used to conserve an OTG.

Forever a Clone M

Startup: 29-30F

aMcgNbwpGUOak7oeBqUD2-L_f7o_Sp5t-aB8y29ebYVtzYFgbxYrYaPIXR_WoE-yUn9ZeUmFk4y5RHFM2K5y0PQKKzjat1Ca3UBiFvyUiTqyopJZSl9U6rA7GDV74nWIdlleknU

Basically a shadow version of S hp. it has the best Hitbox for catching people air dashing. As a bonus it brings in the opponent closer. It also has the most range out of all the shadows. M. shadow also leads to several reset points and can be very ambiguous.

Forever a Clone H

Startup:30-31F

0ZGVvehA3LCmeV7DlLxwWl-8GhWHfv7NOieMdKt71c7pGSMbN_8m1JHgyjvTXzPO73nJ-1r_zes_TSfqGSR8n7K9L1do512DCZ0N0vjtDky5x1FaKXY2UuSWSycfo-0IVM1h_hc

This is Fukua’s slowest shadow move and for good reason as its an overhead and it cannot be combo’d into unless you use C. MP > C.HP this will use OTG. This is mainly for oki set ups.. This shadow’s range is also the shortest of the three.

*Special note: it can anti air in some instances*

Love dart L/M/H

Startup: 12 frames

OdABK3ej874saxbVU7iiWngjWN05qRjwWzfrRfhjfoeoLht-HIcN4wcHFAXgQeg5ril2_rU1ExPWTEge4NTnXWgvV35T03jjhGC5DzK2_3cS7cmaTYd-fPzcOEJ4OLYZ5Y-y5zE

L: the fireball falls on the ground and bounces across the screen. Usually helpful for spacing and controlling how the opponent reacts.

• M: Just flies straight across like ryu’s hadoken. Helpful for zoning. ( can also be confirmed into BFF)

• H: flies at an arc and bounces one time. Also helpful for zoning. Can also be used as an AA

Air fireball Startup frames: 11F

Air L fireball

mveJl7AECHhrSbTZehSkYNT_E5t87-plnJQbT5H6mgUwsHDuZtuxywMwBTUyoCI6sUER9lu2hhwbTMsD7U_zXaLWH8uYDSOCjqMMJA5LMC1lHE4f50Ca44eWWI2O5OYaNNEU8Ds

L fireball is essientially your new way to cover the spot where Fukua was weak which was right below you. L fireball is mostly used as a defensive tool or for crossover capabilities. Can also be used as a combo extender, baits, and used to hover a short time so it is essentially a third air option to avoid certain supers such as: Double’s car, Squigs daisy pusher, and any other move that hits you at a certain elevation.

Air. M Fireball

LGy5sH1Erma6AjI9J2iQSffxJGmDPPD-Bcd69VVj8u8hs4GP3_87rRh3OvZuSCfks6RAp99a4RqL1o4u1rzo972fl6LvxO3w_8R77kO_t6WvSIBYRQwFZN22MZd91Qp1JvkNnf8

M fireball is primarily used whenever your mid screen against the enemy.

Air Fireball H

riyGWr5SI64gGClHmoiZxGe8_sM01T-4Jy-U83mGDtbo5DTh_4iuhXTalrUQ68w7zJFdNYlvqPLCiByF7A-YLSaFxkb6w6H10DooymeLcZhQtanSBXg327rAF7gqQDBSEPdDGLc

H fireball is used primarily for when the opponent is at full screen.

Tender Embrace and Inevitable Struggle

Tender’s start up frames:8F

Inevitable start up frames: 31F

DsLawP9q3Wi8reuqw9vbZ1xqh0DD5ow24vNk7UGxxkqqV_K_AntRdVjgKCcfRX6TF45fx5VVjVz2Mg4A4XZnlhIrMByiRcMtdsc8sgIxXYhjo8xj3aDsQ5AcaPj01E6rPyJ4Yw4

Tender embrace is mainly used for resets. The beauty of this move is that it also puts the opponent fullscreen where they have to work through the zoning patterns of Fukua again.

Inevitable struggle is a 31F grab that has hyper armor until the grab animation is entirely finished. Its an ok reversal if you use it at the right time. But shouldn’t be your go-to- move so to speak.

Supers

Drill of My Dreams

Start up: 8frames

Meter required: 1 bar

bFq8BrxFXukKubvSe9joMIqDOEea_CGvtZajVKAKaAbmzCb7RxWFGyRjq_LxNfkXlFWkUR7u3Po-w_SVZi-rWTGqZCHg716E4n_K4DHXZSu-lPG2B7V3UHntX_yXIJwDfuJukZE

Essentially this will be your combo ender for max damage.

Drill of Your Nightmare(Air Drill of my Dreams)

Start up frames: 8F

jlmT4phOkRn087lvABozQwTAANFKNxgog5Wc2w-v5-8tg_1fMciAsSYWUfhHWiQp_2274GGtZARxrLJrTalffO8I1g2JIwXpC_Q4R1F6TOF7lmDrb7O_GXFCHcEZZeZ2A9pCPRM

Just the air version of the Drill of my dreams. If you happened to reach max undizzy at your air string then by all means use this and DHC early so that you can save otg for another super for optimized damage.

Best Friends Forever (BFF)

Start up: 36f

4gbuibcI4M11QiSZMd7fQsxqOOjZ9PY6rIVqVeBJ2m84pJLcliJfoLQxzt76rD-oZfwuayB0QB0FgNLpJ0nK796WROTA6WQCUJwdFU_08thlxJrm7gemeTFlktjRT8FOoMX0-78

One of the two special that’s hit invincible and grab invincible. The downside is that its very very slow and can only be used on a hard read.

Blown Kiss

startup:12F

Meter Required: 1 bar

x3cEPC6HQjuZPkpOliDEhD6ZkZI1_uS0iR0dUo-bYen40bnO_n7bqCsxEHH8CO53Xvsy3YrrmsvtO5jncHBXeGzNxaTX7A4qczfhfH_Fi19P7E2hoURKK8_pcZyxzSTTeT9Mgn0

Fireball super that does A LOT of chip. So if you feel you want to pressure your opponent from afar then use this super since its win-win situation from a distance whether they blocked or got hit. Can also be used on reaction to punish an assist call, a whiffed move, and a tag. In the corner it can lead to a full combo

Air blown kiss (LP+MP/MP+HP/LP+HP)

Start up: 13 frames

g_NcBO4Ux7exCuv4NbFCTTarUoC5nWmxJqTDwhe3jjsjBhNuzYJ5KBqnClEoEEBFrOg9rgtkmaQPeEiRv9AVEJmgWwGKr1Q4qslGyskFYk-JSC1dQQpzxi50yDGMMzhb1rpl7ec

This fireball goes directly below her. It does the same chip and damage as ground fireball super.

*Special note: none of the air fireball supers allow hard knockdown but they will allow combo potential in the corner.

gQ_rAKAW0ZmVpjhVIvkq4c_e9sm2fnhm629hDC7_AjXGeU3zsFQecGMNXAOrsAxcHLeVpy4aEQyW4vx6SCuDJadX7rezJq4ClxAL_FNQMy97FLXtaL1-DquhrEqBQBOeV7Ursh8

LP + HP version goes straight across. Usually used whenever someone just want to jump at full screen or midscreen.

HV8n7ewAuqkgpjCtVfnFffa7haikpKzS-kNmSKHvixh1Fmsmxu3kWxC_7m8XSYBmUlS_3ivUrK7qJ5m1ncLRzJ8hCrd2u7tUjFjasiyg1QC_abSwY0mOTY7aUKSrWroM06WY6pE

The trajectory of MP+HP is the same as air M fireball. Nothing special about it.

Twice Shy

Startup frames: 7F

Meter required: 3bars

wLMQ-HfrohHsgXDUpg1wDRiJRaTqgnQnzUHQuWsgEY20981of7kO8os0YD0j72v4nwUzYXaJ1PzGXSNzYPXlvp7fq9QcsHm3o904HJMqm7E1sY1CC9IFATPC-Jgy8FUZLC0dung

Twice shy is the 2nd super that’s hit invincible and Throw invincible. The hitbox on this super is horrendous that even at half screen if the enemy presses a button they get hit by this monstrosity. It’s a hitgrab as well.

Head over Heels

Start up: 5F

Meter required: 5 bars

UAtP8XuYwZcDBBkfKspnDAYNps4mHkOknvaiiAH9Z1bfjt4nbY5n8wLP8GhK86M2rtOF25qzFLN7oKvozr-W1o12ZjW9bg07Xy6OrkABodLH1U6igGEWYla_CYpdXkccZbSYKhs

Back when they released this move as her last super. Everyone scoffed at this move for its seemingly lackluster damage. This move costs 5 bars. The reason for this, is that although it uses up your whole meter it is a 5f grab and not only that. If you land the grab your combo will have 200% invert scaling. Which means your combo doubles in damage. This super is only be to be used if you want to be real hype OR if you’re one pixel away from death. Because this super is the ultimate high risk/ high reward and if you miss this super you essentially threw away all your options that could use for throw resets into bff or fireball super chip.

Go-To-Moves

j.lp c.lk c.mp s.mk s.hp c.hp

All Versions of fireballs (including the air ones) (L/M/H).

All Versions of shadows. (L/M/H)

These are high priority (meaning that you should be using these a lot!) because they all allow conversion in some way. They’re also easy to understand and grasp how they are in conjunction with each other. As well as reset potential. As a Fukua player you NEED ALL OF THESE MOVES.

Fukua is designed to have all the tools and capabilities to counter, condition and pressure the opponent from a distance and even upclose.

With the combination of command grabs and the power of fireballs at your disposal. Your job as a Fukua is to look at your opponent’s motives and habits and then suddenly change your tactics to completely stuff their alternatives.

At fullscreen your main goal is to utilize M shadow along with your ground fireballs. Also mix in L shadow to throw the tempo off. H fireball will be most useful after Air H fireball. Also use M ground fireball so that you keep pressure on the opponent from a distance. During this stage you observe your opponent closely and take note of their approach and then figure out which tools to use to counter their approach.

At midscreen you then prepare your precious j.lp. THIS is your A2A.

J. LP is 7 frames and its hitbox is a lot larger than you would expect.

Terminology

LK: Light kick

MK: Medium kick

HK: Heavy kick

LP: Light punch

MP: Medium punch

HP: Heavy punch

QCF: Quarter circle forward

QCB: Quarter circle back

PP: Two Punch buttons must be pressed

KK: Two kick buttons must be pressed

xx: a slight pause before the next move

Combos:

Note: Green=Beginner level

c.lk s.mk s.hp
J.hk
s.mk s.hp

j.hp j.hk
c.lk s.hp j.mk j.hk

s.lp(X2) c.mk(3 hits) c.hp HDrill xx SDrill

Damage: 6857. Meter gain: .4

c.lk s.mk s.hp

j.hk

C.MP C.HP xx H shadow

S.MK C.HP xx 214MK

Superjump, j.HP J.HK.

S.LP(X2) Cr.MK Cr.HP xx 236HK xx 236KK

Damage: 7103 Meter gain:.4

c.lk s.mk s.hk 214hk(H clone)
s.hp
j.hk
s.mp, 214LK(L clone)
backdash, s.mk c.hp, 214mk
SJ, j.mp(all hits) j.hk
s.lk, s.lk, c.mk s.hk, 236HK(H drill), 236KK(Drill super)
Damage: 7542

L Shadow: L shadow, j,hk,c.mp c.hp, M shadow, j.mk, j.hp, j.hk s lp, s lk, c mk, c hp, H drill ,Drill super

Damage:6565

M Shadow: M shadow, j hk, C mp, C hp, XX, H shadow, s mk, s hp, j mk , j hk, s lp s lk, c mk, c hp , H drill, Drill super

Damage: 6840

H Shadow : H shadow, C mp , C hp, M shadow, j hp , j hk, s mk , s hp, j mk, j hk, s lp , slk, c mk, c hp , H drill Drill super

Damage:7236

Throw, BFF, H shadow, C mp, C hp, M shadow j hk, s mk , s hp, j hp j hk, s lp, s lk, c mk ,C hp, H drill, super

Damage: 7071

Armorgrab, C mp C hp, M shadow, j hp, j hk. s.mk, s.hp, j.mk, j,hk, s.lpx2,c.mk,c.hp, H drill, Drill super

Damage: 6698

Resets:

s.hp, j.lk j.mp(all hits) j mk, j hp(will fast fall)
Type:crossunder
Explanation: the idea on this reset is that you try to combo as low to the ground as you can. by the time you’re close to the ground you can then press j. hp to get to the ground quicker. you can then set up a 50/50 between low or grab or can crossunder

c.lp, c.mp, c.hk
Type: Crossunder
Explanation: This reset came from megamands. its useful that it crosses under due to C.MP and then C.HK slides right under. From here you can cancel into any special move like shadow or fireball into BFF or even just a super! (Note that this reset allows you to target both sides high and low on the opponent or grab on either side depending on the timing)

s.hp, j.lk j.mk, Delay, j.hk/j.mk/j.lk
Type: various crossup (air)
Explanation: This reset is an air based type that after you press j. lk, j.mk as soon as you launch and then delay so that’ll you cross over up with j.hk. you can mix it up with j.mk since its a high attack.

c.lp c.mp**
Type: various(low, crossunder, overhead)
**= the importance of C. mp is that you can either crossunder(using C.HK, do an overhead, do a cmd armor grab or simply JUST GO LOW. This is the basics and fundamental reset of fukua. PLEASE LEARN IT.

s.hp, j.hk, j.hp, H air fireball, double jump, air grab
Type: corner air grab reset.
Explanation: After J. hp, J.hk as early as you can. you do H air fireball to quickly land and then attempt an air grab. additionally if you really want to switch up the tempo. after j hk , j.hp, you can do j lp, j mp, j hp as if you were starting another air chain and then you can air grab

s.hp, j.mk, j.hp, j.hk, c.lp, c.mp s.hp
Type:(corner crossunder)
Explanation: self explanatory it only works on light characters though.

s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, s.lp, tender embrace
Type: Tick Throw Reset
Explanation: The purpose of this reset is to be fast and catch the opponent “down backing” make sure you have meter or you are in the corner when doing this or you will not be able to convert. To execute this reset properly you want to use s.lp then immediately cancel to tender embrace.

c.lk, s.mk s.hp J.hk,j.hp, (slight delay) s.lp, s.hp, (Repeat from j.hk, j.hp)

superjump, (delay), j.hk

c.hp(chicken blocked), QCF+lp+lk

Assist call, L drill (crossunder you can do the same thing with s.mk)

Tk, fireball, dashunder c.lk

Burst baits

Bold= The move that triggers burst

s.hp , j.mk j.hp j.hk, c.lp c.mp c.hp, s.mp, s.hk(kara cancel into shadows), Clone M/H/L

s hp , j mk j hp j hk, c lp c mp c hp, c.hp

Special note: its an OTG burst bait that’s designed to keep the opponent on the ground.

s hp , j mk j hp j hk, c lp c mp s hk, BFF, dash back C hp

Special note: same as above, depending on how close you were when you s hp, you can jump back j hp into fireball to keep pressure.

s hp , j mk j hp j hk, c lp c mp c hp, M clone, s hp, Tender Embrace

s hp, j hk, c lk, s hp, j hk, j hp

S hp, j hk , c lk, s mp , L shadow, dash back, s mp.

S hp, j hk , c lk, s mp , L shadow, C.mp, C hk.

s.hp. j.lp, j.hk, cr.mp, cr.hp, M clone, j.lp

cr.lk, cr.mp, cr.hp, H clone, cr.mp, cr.hp, M clone, cr.hp, L clone

cr.lk, s.mk, s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, cr.lk, cr.mp, cr.hp, M clone, j.lp, j.hk, cr.lk, s.hk(kara cancel into any clone), H clone

Team viability

Fukua is can function anywhere on the team. usually she's place point or mid

Generally preferred she's mid or point because she’s just way more at a advantage if she’s backed up by assist. if she’s in anchor position its manageable as well since Fukua anchor with meter is nothing to scoff at.

Generally Fukua can meld with any assist but is stronger with lockdown and DP assist such as Cerecopter, Hornet Bomber,Updo, Etc. (Also note that Fukua is a safe DHC option for every character due to Fireball super making her position as mid very powerful) HOWEVER its easy to PBGC on DHC so be careful.

Assist Breakdown
list of notable assist and possible usage.

• H drill
Now everyone uses this assist and for good reason. it breaks armor, it re-stands and is good for pressure. However its hitbox is very linear and does not cover the air at all like bomber would.

• M shadow
M shadow is probably one of the BEST assist for Fukua. because it has a timed rhythm that even if you were to get hit, M shadow will snag the attacker. Also it will avoid happy b-day’s 100% of the time because if you call it a bit away before you attack she disperses the shadow and then disappears. it allows resets as well.

• Fireballs
L fireball is ok for controlling space. also is the only fireball to be called multiple times while one fireball is on the screen

M fireball is great for horizontal coverage(M shadow does it better due to having the hitbox of S hp) its hitstun allows for combos to be done easy.

H fireball is controlling the air while bouncing on the ground once. it the best of all the fireballs.

• French Twist (cr.mk)
Good for mixing opponents up and controlling space due to it being a multi hitting low. Powerful for Filia, Cerebella, Painwheel, Fortune, and Valentine due to it’s block stun properties and the fact that these characters can jump around a lot making your opponent guess which side to block. French Twist also has the ability to be used as an alpha counter during certain block strings to punish into a full combo.

ATTENTION: THIS IS ACTUALLY NOT FINISHED AND I WILL BE CLEANING UP NOTATION AND WILL BE REVIEWING MY WORK. I THINK ITS INACCURATE ON SOME THINGS DUE TO THIS COMEPENDIUM WAS BASED ON THE PATCH AFTER EVO FUKUA!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: medivh and JDbbx
Does this compendium still apply to beta fukua/ most recent update of fukua?