• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua's Story Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterthegameguy

A Real Gigan.
Reaction score
Steam
Peter the game guy
Peacock Painwheel
Will it ever see the light of day?

Mod Edit: moved to lore section because former place is more suited for gameplay themed discussion.

well it says it is locked so hopefully when she hits console it will be unlocked

I don't feel Fukua needs a story, but I wouldn't mind seeing her make a cameo or have other characters mention her though.

It might explain where the missing artwork went after you beat her story mode. (If it happens)

Does Alex even know the plot surrounding this character outside of the vague "brain drain minion" bit? I guess anything is possible though if Robo Fortune will get a story, but then again she was funded for that while Mike made Fukua in his spare time in less then a week with recycled assets.

I doubt we'll get a Fukua story mode unless Lab Zero somehow gets more money. After all, the IGG cash was only budgeted to allow story modes for the IGG-funded characters.

I'd rather not see Fukua have a story... they should just make her icon disappear when you're on Story Mode.

It better have Jello, like how it should be.

Also I wouldn't put it past L0 to make a lulz story for her as that what they did for Marie 300% and Brady's Unlimited Hatworks test story they they used for ironing out the updated story effects for Squigly's Story. Just make Brady do it

Reactions: Osmiumsmith and DDB
Her story mode is being ambushed by all the DLC characters that weren't chosen in the vote. Only until the last minute do they realize they don't have a single frame of animation going for them, leading to an automatic victory to Fukua.

Does Alex even know the plot surrounding this character outside of the vague "brain drain minion" bit? I guess anything is possible though if Robo Fortune will get a story, but then again she was funded for that while Mike made Fukua in his spare time in less then a week with recycled assets.

Skullgirls said:
Fukua is the result of a fortunate - or unfortunate - Lab Zero accident: a union of two souls. One, a once-proud warrior known for her brute strength in close combat; the other a silent assassin who specialized in ranged weapons for her kills.
Together as one, Fukua possesses the best of both specialties...but relationships formed under intense circumstances often don't last.

If she's canon, then this is her story. I doubt she'll get a story mode any time soon though unless Brady and a scriptwriter find a decent amount of free time on their hands.

I wouldn't mind if we don't have story mode for her. The trailer is just enough for me.

Fukua is a joke character, regardless of playability or viability.

If there were to be a story mode, I'd like something really janky to keep with the theme. Maybe MS Paint art for the story, or maybe something just very slapstick, depending on how much effort the team is willing to put in.

Im i the only one thinking that its Fukua's story would be a different dimension that Filla did use the Skullheart for her memories, passed out then was re-activated by Brain Drain under the name Fukua for his personal reason?

Last edited:
Probably, because she does have a story and that ain't it

If a story does occur I hope its drawn by MikeZ like his cat in Cerebellas Lock and Load.

How about her being treated as a failed experiment by Lab Zero, and then suddenly gaining sentience and escaped the lab in a quest for identity? She soughted after the Skull Heart to fulfill her wish to become a real person. In this case her alignment will put her in a wildcard position where she can help the heroes or the villains as long as it furthers her agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corsair
Alright, I've been doing some synthesizing, and I'm prepared to offer my full thesis on Fukua as a character. It's all there, Love, Hate, Smooth Criminal, Jello, Two Souls, One Body, Brain Drain, Cloning.
This is my headcanon. Only Word of God can stop me now.

Fukua was accidentally created by Brain Drain whilst he attended to his pet project of attempting to produce human clones—something he was becoming quite skilled at, but still lacked several vital components to accurately produce one. While working on a genetic copy of Filia, complete with parasite, the souls of two fighters, freshly murdered in a brutal brawl not far outside the facility, unexpectedly flew into the body and became its inhabitants, and the clone sprang to life. One, the "once-proud warrior," was a fairly nameless warrior, only notable in the sense that she was a Canopy Kingdom Grand War veteran. The other, the "silent assassin," was an expendable, but suave Medici Mafia hitwoman paid to murder certain people in displays of the Mafia's reach and drive. Her latest hit was to assassinate the old veteran, but unfortunately for her, she still had her military wits about her—the struggle was bloody, and in the end, they both perished.
Initially, the two souls resumed their bloody brawl inside the body of "Fukua" (As one of Lab Zero's scientists had jokingly named her), as they struggled for control over the new body. This, combined with some instabilities the unfinished body was showing, eventually led Brain Drain to dub the clone "utterly useless," and dumped her on the street to fend for herself. He figured she was soon to die anyway; between the lack of cooperation between the two souls and the body's instability, it seemed inevitable.
Brain Drain would later discover that he was wrong about the former half. When they were unceremoniously dumped onto the street with nothing but the clothes on their back, the two souls had to put aside their differences and work together in order to survive. Over time, as they filed their lives into the common mind they now shared, the two learned that they had more in common than they thought. Hatred turned to reluctant camaraderie, camaraderie to lukewarm companionship, companionship to friendship, and friendship to what could only be called "love." Although sometimes, they seem to need some time apart, and one can sometimes get ahead of the other, the two now consider themselves inseparable, both literally and metaphorically. Eventually, Fukua got it in her mind to seek out the girl from whom they were cloned, not realizing that they were about to get swept up in the septannual hunt for the Skullgirl...the prize being a wish.

Alright, now it's time for some footnotes!
> The gelatinous thing atop Fukua's head, nicknamed "Shamone," seems to be a grinning mockery of real organic parasites. Like synthetic parasites (As it technically is one), it is non-sentient, and responds only to the wills of Fukua to attack. Removing it has been discussed between the two, but it seems a better idea to keep it around for now.
> Despite popular belief to the contrary, Fukua has no disdain for Filia, or Filia for Fukua. Fukua is actually thankful to Filia, because, in a way, it's because of her that they were allowed another chance at life, and to meet one another. Were Filia to meet Fukua, she would be happy to meet her clone, though Samson would probably find the whole thing quite fishy.
> The once-proud warrior isn't particularly fond of fighting, but will do it if need be. The silent assassin seems to get some form of enjoyment from it, and sometimes pokes and prods her opponent with taunts. They switch out who does the fighting on the fly, but the Warrior does most of the talking.
> As aforementioned, Fukua's body is unstable, which allows one soul to temporarily separate itself from the body and rejoin later (These actions resulting in a flash and a spark of electricity, respectively). The Warrior isn't very fond of doing this, as she is somewhat paranoid that sometime she may not be able to return, but the Assassin is more than happy to take this risk, especially because it lets her pull some nasty tricks on the opponent. Brain Drain is probably the only one capable of fixing this "defect."

Last edited:
That sounds awesome, and I think it should be crossposted to the Headcanon thread.

I don't know about Fukua's story, but as long as something similar to this happens at the end of Robo-Fortune's story, I'm good:
Filia: Oh hello! Who are you?
Robo: I am Robo-Fortune. Beep Boop.
Fukua: Hey, do either of you have the time? We can't seem to-
Filia: Oh my goddesses!
Fukua: What?
Filia: Robo-Fortune, don't trust her!
Robo: I require reasoning. Beep.
Filia: I'm the real Filia, Robo-Fortune!
Fukua: No seriously, what?
Filia: Don't believe her lies!
Robo: I estimate that that is unlikely.
Fukua: We weren't even-
Filia: You can trust me, Robo-Fortune!
Fukua: That's it. I'm leaving.
Robo: ...Beep boop.

I'm personally under the theory, based on the end of the trailer, that the whole story, at the end, will be revealed to be

(DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN)

just a dream.

Reactions: Denizen
So Mike Z has confirmed in the poll thread that Fukua's body is unstable and that her "fireflies" are a sign that she's slowly dying. The "fireflies" are probably also a manifestation of her excess spiritual energy, since she's got two souls, which is what's tearing her apart in the first place. I decided to use this info to write up a little story summary.

An unstable failed attempt at a Filia clone made by Brain Drain, Fukua sets out to fulfill the purpose of her creation and destroy the Skullgirl before her body fully deteriorates. However, desperately wishing to preserve her own existence, she secretly plans to use the Skullheart to wish for a new, stable body, not fully aware of the consequences, or, perhaps, psychotic enough to not really care.

FUND IT.

So Mike Z has confirmed in the poll thread that Fukua's body is unstable and that her "fireflies" are a sign that she's slowly dying. The "fireflies" are probably also a manifestation of her excess spiritual energy, since she's got two souls, which is what's tearing her apart in the first place. I decided to use this info to write up a little story summary.

An unstable failed attempt at a Filia clone made by Brain Drain, Fukua sets out to fulfill the purpose of her creation and destroy the Skullgirl before her body fully deteriorates. However, desperately wishing to preserve her own existence, she secretly plans to use the Skullheart to wish for a new, stable body, not fully aware of the consequences, or, perhaps, psychotic enough to not really care.

FUND IT.
I actually like that

I actually like that
And the best part is, it's partially canon!

Anyway, so what if she sets out to kill the Skullgirl to prove to Brain Drain that she's valuable? Maybe he promises to stabilize her body if she succeeds? Then Valentine could show up and tell her that it ain't happening, either because Brain Drain won't do it for whatever reason, or because he's bluffing and he actually can't. Then she gets desperate enough to use the Skull Heart. I'd imagine she'd go on a Lab Zero destroying rampage after her transformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muro
"WHY DOESN'T BRAIN DRAIN-SENPAI-SENSEI-SAMA NOTICE US, ZONER-CHAN"
"I DO NOT KNOW, GRAPPLER-TAN. WE MUST PROVE OUR WORTH TO HIM BY ERADICATING THE SKULLGIRL"
"EXCELLENT IDEA, ZONER-TAN. THEN HE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO NOTICE US.

I see. I guess the instability of her body was more important to her character than I had originally believed. At least it's compatible with everything else I scribbled down. A good thing, too. I'm really proud of all that.

That sounds awesome, and I think it should be crossposted to the Headcanon thread.
This probably made itself evident in my silence, but I'm not big on crossposting. Maybe if it were somewhere unrelated, but anyone who's interested in Fukua as a character no doubt visits this topic habitually, so it would really be kind of redundant.

...You know, if she were in the canon storyline, it would probably only result in her death. And, knowing Lab Zero, I have no doubt it would be a tearjerker.
So I guess it's better this way.

So Fukua's Deadpool-tier now, with voices? Or like Dust from An Elysian Tail?

BEEP BOOP MASH THE BUTTONS DO SOMETHING
Mash ALL the buttons!
normal.jpg

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Ya know, I wonder just how much backstory Mike actually came up with? I mean, I know that it's all just a big joke that was thrown together in a few days, but I can't help but take interest. From what we've got, it sounds like there's really some potential for a legitimately good, not even necessarily comedic story.

Regardless of whether or not the whole thing will ever be told, I think it's kinda fun to play around with the pieces. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:
Fukua's story should be her battling with Republican Double to ask the Skullheart where babies come from.

Well it actually happened so if you haven't already I highly recommend playing her story mode now.
Locking thread since speculation purpose of this thread had lost purpose and continued discussion on her story can be found in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.