• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Funny Beginner Stories

Unsafe

Reaction score
Steam
Unsafe
Fukua Painwheel
Anybody have some funny stories learning Skullgirls and trying to get better?

I figure the best way to approach getting your ass kicked sometimes is to have a little laugh. Haha

Tonight I was trying to play in some beginner lobbies but every time I would enter one they would randomly shut down before I could play. It was super frustrating because I just wanted to play some matches. Eventually I gave up on the lobbies and went to Quick Match.

In quickmatch for some reason there was only really one guy that I would get set up with every 3 matches and this dude was a beast and proceeded to wreck me like John Wick after his dog got killed. It got to be funny after a while cause I kept trying to get into a beginner lobby but they either would do the same trick of shutting down when I was about to play (maybe they didn't want me in the lobby? why have it open then?), so I ended up back in Quickmatch against the same dude every time. @_@

Whoever you were dude, sorry if it was boring whippin' my ass all night. I couldn't get into a beginner lobby. Sent you a friend request, maybe I can get better playing you!

-Unsafe

I read the L M H normals as "low, medium, high" which I thought corresponds to how you're supposed to block it.
So I thought using LK immediately makes it hit low even when not crouching, and I thought using, like, HP would hit high.
Bigband's standing LK being a standing low did not help. ^-^"