• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gehenna request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden

Beep Boop Meow
Reaction score
Steam
AdenPhoenix
PSN
AdenPhoenix13
Painwheel Squigly Parasoul
Please put Gehenna back in random select, the idea that random select doesn't actually select any stage is pretty absurd, I'd like to be able to hit random without thinking about the fact I will not be able to play on certain stages for no good reason.

I also think they should add it back in, I don't know why they got rid of it in the first place.

Basically, enough people messaged MikeZ saying that they have Trypophobia (fear of small, irregular holes, think beehives/coral) and had difficulties with playing the game knowing it could pop up any time via random select.

What about this

Capadadasd4bha24n25nture.PNG

In all honesty, its a gross map. I don't really care what stage I play on, but if people are actually grossed out by it, fine. Its removed from random, you can play it by selecting it if you got that gehenna itch.

What about this

View attachment 8876
Yo wait is this actually a togglable option now? If this is an idea, I think it's a good one.

(While we're at it, how about "-motionsickness" for train stage?)

Yo wait is this actually a togglable option now? If this is an idea, I think it's a good one.
Just a suggestion for how to remove it from the pool.
Or it could just be an option from the menu screen or something for console users.

I don't really miss it.

(While we're at it, how about "-motionsickness" for train stage?)
I bet you want a -norobofootstepshake option too, don't you, squidward?

Reactions: Flotilla
I bet you want a -norobofootstepshake option too, don't you, squidward?

Ha. I'm actually totally cool with Robo's walk shake. With the train stage, it turns out I don't even notice the background movement when I'm playing a match. I notice when I'm watching a match, but it's not bad for me so whatever. But if it IS a problem for someone, well...

Basically, enough people messaged MikeZ saying that they have Trypophobia (fear of small, irregular holes, think beehives/coral) and had difficulties with playing the game knowing it could pop up any time via random select.
Hmm, fair enough, cant complain

I can't see the left corner of gehenna during the day because of glare on my monitor, so I was happy when it was removed from random. Also it's ugly.

Train stage I think shouldn't be on random for another reason: during an air string I have no sense of my horizontal movement, or how far I am from the corner.

What about this

View attachment 8876
That wouldn't work. How would you resolve one person with the option toggled and one without?
Unless it's something where both people have to have it not toggled it'll allow Gehenna.

That wouldn't work. How would you resolve one person with the option toggled and one without?
Unless it's something where both people have to have it not toggled it'll allow Gehenna.
It might be able to load a different stage locally for the person who has the thing checked?
I dunno.

I didn't know it was removed from random, but i don't see anything wrong with it, some people like the stage but a lot others don't for many reasons, i don't really have problems with the stage besides the music being too loud at the final part of the loop (and the background voices sounds like Eliza trying to sing while high on heroine, which usually makes me laugh).

But i gotta say, the eyes, they are so distracting for me for some reason, the big blood splash that happens during a shockwave is quite distracting too but overall it's not a bad stage, yet not the best so i'm 40/60 about this (60 on agreement of it being removed, means higher chances of fighting in my favorite stage, Streets of New Meridian)

Reactions: ShakyFingers
Status
Not open for further replies.