• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gette's diaryasdfasdfasdf

gette

Is someone getting THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
Reaction score
1005453-EWC0HX6.jpg

Who da hell are you?

I'm Gette :3

What do you do for living?

Well,since i got fired,i play SG and DotA all day

What characters you like to play with?

Valentine solo. Solotine​

I woke up today at 05:30 AM and decided to play some SG.
After a loooooong time waiting not really for an opponent i ended up against a peacock.
I RAGED HARD
really,i hate those peacock players who will just stand there in the corner firing shit at you.
but after that i had like 5 good matches,won 4 and loose 1 of them. I faced some valentines,filias and a ms fortune.
Ok,i was pretty happy after those matches,then i played against a cerabella.

SOMUCHDAMAGE.EXE
lost it. when i was like 15% HP she started grabbing me in the corner until i died.
I'm still trying to learn new combos and stuff,but i think everyone should know how to improvise.
perhaps i'm just mad,idk

i want someone to teach me really situational combos for valentine :c

Zoners and grapplers are always a big hurdle for newcomers to fighting games. With practice, you'll be able to start slowly working your way in on zoners. In Valentine's case, her great air mobility and rising angled air dash are quite useful at going over the projectiles.

For the cerebella example, if you expect her to go for any grab that isn't her anti-air grab, take the opportunity to jump out of the corner. If you expect her to go for the anti-air grab, stay on the ground and punish the whiffed command grab with your best combo. If you expect her to go for a blockstring, stay on the ground and block, pushblock and escape the corner when you can. As you may have picked up on by now, being right next to a grappler that isn't being forced to block is the last place you want to be.

Reactions: Rabeye and gette