• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guys~ I wanna make a non-profit advertising video about Skullgirls,played in China or else,anything?

SCOTT_WHALE

MikeZ: Stay Super Cool!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Steam
SCOTT_WHALE
Cerebella Eliza Squigly
i've played SG for over 500 hrs, and i know it is little for someone. But in China or groups of SG i attended, i barely can find people to fight against.Therefore,i want to make a video about advertising SG, to show how amazing this game is.Moreover,i can kick more kids' asses.but the problem is, i didn't find a suitable post-processed software, and i need to know in which way this game catched your eyes.
open for any thought,suggestion,and sarcasm. <3

Reactions: Ryin
Sgs netcode is REALLY good so if you live in china, you might be able to find some good games against koreans or japanese online on steam.

Sgs netcode is REALLY good so if you live in china, you might be able to find some good games against koreans or japanese online on steam.
oh.i hate Korean SGS players. they always beated the crap out of me.

If the problem is people not knowing about the game, I think something like this would be interesting to attract people who like fighting games.
It does a good job at showing what I think to be the most eye-catching characteristics of SG. Which are the great mechanics and animations.

If the problem is people not knowing about the game, I think something like this would be interesting to attract people who like fighting games.
It does a good job at showing what I think to be the most eye-catching characteristics of SG. Which are the great mechanics and animations.

oh,Poccola,i subscribed him/her. l like his/her style,i try to get something from those videos.

There are at least some people that are proud of China's communism, right? That's a thing? Maybe we can play up communism in Skullgirls and get Chinese players that way.

Reactions: Kris Estacado
There are at least some people that are proud of China's communism, right? That's a thing? Maybe we can play up communism in Skullgirls and get Chinese players that way.
How?make SG into a communism law?

Just use it as a buzzword. It doesn't have to have any meaning behind it. But, if China is jingoist enough about it's communism, you might be able to garner significant attention just shouting "Communist fighting game! Praise Mao!" loud enough times.

Reactions: Kris Estacado
All characters are valid and (essentially) equal! No one is unworthy of playing!
lol, 1 point man~ This man SCOTT_WHALE is a most terrific funny little thing I've ever seen on the forum.

Last edited:
Yeah, please don't screw around with someone who is asking for legitimate advice who doesn't even speak English as their first language. It's not funny, and it makes you look like a jerk.

@SCOTT_WHALE, I use Sony Vegas for videos, which I've come to hate but it can get the job done for beginner-intermediate video editing. You might want to try it out for yourself and see if you find it suitable for what you wanna do. It's not too difficult to work with!

As for what caught my eye, Peacock was interesting enough to make me pick up the game on release, and Big Band was what made me donate $70 to the IGG campaign. Show off some of Skullgirls' quirkier characters that set it apart from your Street Fighters and Marvels.

Yeah, please don't screw around with someone who is asking for legitimate advice who doesn't even speak English as their first language. It's not funny, and it makes you look like a jerk.

@SCOTT_WHALE, I use Sony Vegas for videos, which I've come to hate but it can get the job done for beginner-intermediate video editing. You might want to try it out for yourself and see if you find it suitable for what you wanna do. It's not too difficult to work with!

As for what caught my eye, Peacock was interesting enough to make me pick up the game on release, and Big Band was what made me donate $70 to the IGG campaign. Show off some of Skullgirls' quirkier characters that set it apart from your Street Fighters and Marvels.

that is what i am trying to do!! THANK YOU,SIR!!it inspires me.
i want to show how different this game is and compare it with others FTG!
about videos,i am figuring out how to use Adobe After Effect.I bought books,and watched plenty of guidance videos,in order to make a perfect video.:))

All characters are valid and (essentially) equal! No one is unworthy of playing!
which one you like most?
i am trying to figure it out the potential charm in them.

Just use it as a buzzword. It doesn't have to have any meaning behind it. But, if China is jingoist enough about it's communism, you might be able to garner significant attention just shouting "Communist fighting game! Praise Mao!" loud enough times.
well,we could use that way 50 years ago.but now we are more civilised than before, except we cant log in Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zarkingphoton