• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hatred Install + Other Changes

silverhydra

Reaction score
My primary question is: what all does Hatred Install currently do? I've been consulting the SRK wiki but I saw that it hasn't been updated since the game was released, for the most part.

Secondly, what changes has Painwheel had that aren't reflected on the SRK wiki?

Edit: There was this thread asking the same question.

Last edited:
I don't know all the numbers, but currently you: fly faster, your projectiles charge faster, you get 1 extra hatred armor on your normals, airHK buer reaper ground bounces, all your supers do more dmg and your normals do more of the absorbed dmg.
I guess that is it but someone else might know better.

Reactions: 80% Lean
Wasn't it the Buer super that ground bounces? I remember the bit about hatred guard dealing more damage but I don't remember the specific mechanics regarding what types of attacks deal what percentage of your stored value in general.

There's also the modification to throws which I'm not sure gives you a better combo opportunity or if it just gives you the better damage.

Wasn't it the Buer super that ground bounces? I remember the bit about hatred guard dealing more damage but I don't remember the specific mechanics regarding what types of attacks deal what percentage of your stored value in general.

There's also the modification to throws which I'm not sure gives you a better combo opportunity or if it just gives you the better damage.
I think it was 80% in normal and 110% on install, but I'm not sure.
And ye there is that thing on the throw, is called hatred piston. I forgot about it ^^'

I think it was 80% in normal and 110% on install, but I'm not sure.
And ye there is that thing on the throw, is called hatred piston. I forgot about it ^^'

Isn't it different depending on what strength normal you use? I recall it only being 30% if you used a light attack. I'm finding it difficult to actually play with hatred guard in a meaningful way since a lot of her best moves or combo starters have the property--maybe it would be useful if we compiled a list of normals to use in hitconfirms in order to maximize hatred guard damage. Off the top of my head, one of her crouching light normals (c.LP?) doesn't have it and c.MK doesn't have it. j.HP seems really good for this purpose. I'll have to test whether the damage is applied on the first hit, last hit, or is evenly distributed when I get home.

Also, I believe Buer Overdrive applies stored Hatred Guard damage at a very high rate.

Isn't it different depending on what strength normal you use? I recall it only being 30% if you used a light attack. I'm finding it difficult to actually play with hatred guard in a meaningful way since a lot of her best moves or combo starters have the property--maybe it would be useful if we compiled a list of normals to use in hitconfirms in order to maximize hatred guard damage. Off the top of my head, one of her crouching light normals (c.LP?) doesn't have it and c.MK doesn't have it. j.HP seems really good for this purpose. I'll have to test whether the damage is applied on the first hit, last hit, or is evenly distributed when I get home.

Also, I believe Buer Overdrive applies stored Hatred Guard damage at a very high rate.
As I said, I'm not sure about any of those numbers.
I like using sLP to absorb Parasoul's jHP and get a full combo. I also use jHP to absorb projectiles, obvious anti-airs and you can fly cancel after to do some cute stuff.

As I said, I'm not sure about any of those numbers.
I like using sLP to absorb Parasoul's jHP and get a full combo. I also use jHP to absorb projectiles, obvious anti-airs and you can fly cancel after to do some cute stuff.
I've been using s.MP to do pretty much the same thing though that's probably not ideal considering you have to confirm with a jump on hit or a fly cancel on block. I'll have to give s.LP a try.

Compiled patch notes taken from the other thread:

Painwheel

• Gains ability to fly cancel out of QCF+MP and QCF+HP

• Hatred Install

• Costs 2 meters instead of 3 meters

• Input changed to QCF+KK

• 1/3 meter gain while Installed
  • Death Crawl

• Has faster startup, 8f freeze means now unblockable at point-blank after the flash.

• Install version is much more damage especially at full scaling.

• Increase recovery to allow better punishment as well as prevent double Crawl due to startup change

• No longer throw vulnerable after the flash before she is fully vulnerable

• No longer hits low
  • New Lv3 Super: Buer Overdrive

• 1 hit of armor post-flash

• Final hit returns 120% of stored Hatred damage (190% when Installed).
  • Hatred Guard now accumulates any damage absorbed by armored attacks up to a maximum of ⅓ of the opponent’s lifebar. (So yes, more against solos)

• L/M/H attacks with Hatred capabilities deal back 33/50/66% of the accumulated damage, respectively. 50/66/75% when Installed.

• Accumulated damage is used up on hit only, not on block or whiff.

• Hatred Guard on all normal attacks can be held up to first active frame
  • Fixed meter gain on normals

• Decrease on s.MK and F+HK

• Increased on s.MP, s.HK, c.MP, j.MP, jHP, jHK
  • Added missing 1st hit to s.MK, redistribute pushback and damage accordingly

• New frame data is 14 startup (1 faster than s.MP), hits at full extension immediately.
  • Extended hitbox on air LK and MK Buer Reaper back toward PW to connect better

• Slightly increased range on ground LK and MK Buer Reaper

• Max charge frames for s.MP decreased from 20 to 12, bringing the total frames in line with cr.MP

• Charged sweep now breaks armor

• Remove air super x3 after round end

• LP nails no longer use up stagger; still give extra hitpause only once per combo

• Small cooldown on Fly to prevent Fly xx Fly when trying to do Fly -> K

• Lost Pinion Dash (D,D+K or D+KKKK…)

• Can still be set as assist with D,D+K, different strength K gives different charge levels

So does this mean Hatred Installs only cost one meter after the DHC discount?

The fact that we console players still don't have this is making my solo PW sulk in a corner.

Reading about flight cancelling out of medium and heavy nails in order to have a safer approach seemed wonderful until I realized I can't do it yet.