• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Having trouble during actually matches

Master_Katz

Reaction score
PSN
Great_OgreLord
Squigly Beowulf Big Band
Well during training I am able to pull of the basic combos and resets that i have learned but once I actually play against someone else i always end up dropping simple combos or combos that I've practiced like a million times i'm wondering if anyone has some advice i could use for this

Play more.
Practice against the AI just converting your hits into your basic combos and resets if you find that to be less pressuring.

It's normal to drop new things you just learned vs real players when you're just starting out, but the solution is just keep trying until you stop making mistakes.
Focus on the first few hits of the confirm.

Reactions: Icky
Exactly what Liam said, it's much different to perform a combo against real players than AI. A real person is going to react and move a lot different than AI and the timing for your combos might change a bit due to the situation (Ex. you drop the ground combo you did million times because the opponent back jumped while you started your combo, then you need to change a bit the timing of the hits to adjust height/distance). It's just a matter of practice, play online and try to execute your combos the best you can.

Reactions: Icky
Thank you I just recently started playing online so i guess I'm not very used to fighting other people I'll keep at it though

To add on to what everyone else said:

One thing that helped me in the beginning is setting the training mode dummy to cpu, so you have an infinite match against a moving opponent for you to practice your confirms and combos against. I found it very helpful!