• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hickwarrior's training diary

hickwarrior

Reaction score
Steam
hickwarrior
Parasoul Squigly
Dear diary,

Today, I have finally managed to fight against some real people. Newbies, to be exact. I just now noticed I'm a bit better than what they are. So I decided to give them whatever I know to help them out along the way. You could see it as a learning experience, as to understand why I used what I used to win.

What I noticed was how off I felt I was. Getting hit from random and repetitive grabs, random specials from valentine across the screen. I also missed many a combo, especially from squigly. Keep forgetting to not use LP>LK instead of LP>MK. As well as missing lots of over head hits from the air. Even with parasoul. I also have to figure out when and where to use assists as well as if I should be using them more. Maybe put another character with these 2?

I guess that'll be later once I figured out how to fight with these 2 more effectively. Noticeably how easy it is to get interrupted. Maybe I should look at framedata for certain characters to figure out why I couldn't sneak a hit in.

After that session, I basically went to look for recording, especially after this one thread. It's tough setting it up and I hope it'll work. I do have a youtube channel at least. Such a pain, but it might help people see what's going on, as well as myself. I just hope my laptop can keep up. Otherwise, I'll have some investing to do in a new desktop and laptop... The graphics card, Geforce GT 325 M, is just crap. It works well enough with skullgirls, very smoothly even, but I still think it's not all that great. However, the processor could also be at fault here as well, since it has to remember that a browser's open with all sorts of auto-updating stuff. I'm starting to ramble now though.

That is it for today. Once I get to play some quick matches I'll truly see where I'm at. I just don't hope it's this irritating middle section, where you're not good enough to fight better people, but still good enough to stomp newbies. Too many games left me at that point...

Sincerely,
hickwarrior