• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How Do I Get Better At This Game?

minus

Mildy INfuriated
Reaction score
Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/id/paniniiiiii/
Valentine
I've bought this game to play with a couple of friends, only to be greeted with infinite combos. They consistently have instructed me to try and learn the game and play through the tutorial, and after doing so, I've got a very loose understanding of the game. When I decide to go online I get matched up with these horrid players that have been playing this game their entire life, it makes the game so much more unenjoyable. I can't fit in with my friends nor in casual matchmaking. Is there a way to actually improve at this game to be able to match even a fraction of these players, or am I just doomed to an eternity of casual play?

I haven't enjoyed this game since I've bought it but really want to learn.

Usually your best bet to find people that are also new is through discord servers like the official one or the get gr8 discord (I have links to neither, sorry.) If you want to learn more about the game I suggest checking out the wiki it's a great resource for learning stuff that the game doesn't touch up on or esoteric you might not know or combos and info on your character. Blocking tends to be a really hard skill floor for a game as rough as this one the most I can really tell you is to turn replays on as a steam launch option -enablereplays (the wiki can explain this as well) which would help you review your matches you can even play them in slo-mo. (you can even play replays frame by frame if you use -debugkeys iirc)

But really the only secret is to figure out what option works in what situation and practicing that until it's second nature, practice is always the key. If you have any specifics I'm sure someone can point out what might be an option to explore or just general advice. Like, if you aren't sure what you're doing wrong I'd suggest having someone review your match so they can figure out what you're struggling with. But overall the best help comes when you can figure out what's troubling you to ask more specific questions which is another tough thing to figure out as well if you're a novice. There really isn't an easy answer when it comes to fighting games, it's generally up to the player's knowledge and their judgments, sorry.

Good luck (enthusiastic)

Last edited: