• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do i organize a SG booth in a con?

Agent J

Elite Beat Agent Rank BA-2
Reaction score
Steam
Agents_Are_GO
PSN
Elite_Agent_J
Valentine Big Band
I want to make Skullgirls known locally, so i was thinking of making a booth for Skullgirls in an upcoming local con. It's going to be in 2 months, that should give me some time to organize.
I was thinking of having free matches for a while, then make a free tourney for everyone, the winner would get $20 plus a copy of Skullgirls for any system.
Any help here?

Maybe you can make a webpage on the con's website for registration for the tournament? Give the details on the prizes and all of that good stuff.

I'm already in talks with the organizers to talk about the game in the page and facebook page.

If you need merch to sell, hit me up and maybe we can work something out

If you need merch to sell, hit me up and maybe we can work something out
Well, it would be nice to have some merch to sell. But, well, i don't know if that could be a possibility, you see, i'm in Mexico, and i believe shipping here would cost too much.

hmm, well its up to you. can i get the event info also? just curious :)

i just noticed something.
There are apparently going to be 2 cons, one this week and another one in november, and i was in talks for the one next week, since the tourney organizer is the same guy, i didn't notice. I might have to speed up things. If everything goes well, i might get more people to play in the con in november.

I was thinking of printing something like this:
vy0hoi.jpg

so i can show the moves to people without pausing the game.

And MegamanDS, if everything goes well in this one, i might ask for some merch for the next one.
The con is called "Nippon Sekai", it's one of the biggest ones, and even more people will go, since it will be a selective for CCP (Copa Cosplay Pacifico, or Pacific Cosplay Cup)

Report of the 1st day:
Today bad things happened
I couldn't get on time because the car decided to be a dick and didn't want to work
When i got there, it took one for them to give me a place.
Then everything well for a while, then there was a blackout, which fucked up the resolution of the screen, i tried to unplung the hdmi cable from my laptop to fix it, but then the plug got stuck in the port, and it took me an hour and a half to fix it and get another cable.

But aside from that, everything went well, many people played and asked about it. I hope tomorrow goes better.

Wow, you're a trooper man! That first day sounded pretty rough, but i hope the rest of the event goes well. Good luck!

Good show man.

Report of day 2nd:
Everything went better than expected, many people came, played and asked about the game. Sadly, we couldn't get enough people to play in the free tourney, i blame the LoL tourney that was right next to us. Overall, i'd call today a good day
Someone said there's going to be another con, focused only in games and tourneys. I bey i'll do better then

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I think i'll have to do something to grab some attention next time, and i got a great idea: a cosplay of big band, i already figured out how to make everything but the sax pacl

I think i'll have to do something to grab some attention next time, and i got a great idea: a cosplay of big band, i already figured out how to make everything but the sax pacl
Don't hold me to this (ABSOLUTELY DO NOT) but I may be able to send some Umbrella masks or something your way for the next time you set this up.

i'll keep that in mind... or not?

Reactions: Broseidon Rex