• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do you guys play on pad?

Dagwood

Reaction score
Steam
Dagwood
PSN
crond1zzle
Parasoul Cerebella Double
So my stick is broken now and I'm forced to play on pad, Having trouble getting enough buttons

Its a MadCatz FightPad, 6 face buttons and 2 triggers..

So I have it like:
lp mp hp
lk mk hk
L= lk+mp (Assist 1)
R= PP (dash/ push block/super)

i have trouble hitting 2 buttons for Kick supers or for Assist 2, and then theres doubles Cilia slide...

Use your Fightpad like you used your stick. Instead of holding it like a pad with both hands,
only hold it that way with your left and have your right hand resembling a claw, hitting buttons with all fingers, while it rests on your right thigh.

KK is easy.
Manual assists are impossible. I actually find assist 1 1000x harder than assist 2, the A and Y buttons are way too far apart to push with your thumb. Assist 2 is awkward but doable. I'm still holding off on 3 man teams until I can get a decent stick, though.
Cilia slide is stupid impossible. You basically have to stop and hold the controller claw-style for a second, or turn it sideways and mash all the kicks at once. It's so bad that I main peacock/double and have just opted to ignore cilia slide completely. I feel like this move should have just been bound differently, like 4KK rather than forcing LK+HK for seemingly no reason.
In the same vein, battle opera LK+HK edition is impossible to do too.

You can map shoulder buttons to assists and do Tags and Supers by mashing your thumb over two buttons at once.

Reactions: X Em OuTT