• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How often do you play, and do wish you played SG more, less or the same?

Nevins

Hidden character
Reaction score
Website
tangerinepop.com
PSN
cpnsleepy
Fukua Robo Fortune Big Band
For me, it's only on weekends when I visit my brother who has a PS3.
I do get over there most weekends, though.
So I wish I could put in more time, but it's cool. Just need to be patient. This Saturday should be free for a pretty good stretch of time.
But people probably improve best when then can play in intervals regularly.

Ever since gaining employment, I've been playing SG less. I'm too exhausted by the end of the day to play, and it's kinda pointless to try when you have family members who constantly shit up the connection with Youtube and Netflix.

Wish I could find the time to play more.

Since I'm 17 and unemployed (might change soon) I have a lot of free time on my hands especially with it being summer and I have no life. Still wish i could play more though. Especially on PC, but i only have a mac :(

I play at least once a day I try to hop on steam and look for an intermediate lobby to hop in....im a full time student so when fall semester starts I will play alot less...but right now im trying to get it in and level up as much as possible. ..

SG is always on my list of things to do - I love the game immensely, but I notice I always manage to play a WHOLE hell of a lot and improve in one week or month etc and then the following month, real life kicks in and I'm a noob all over again, forgetting everything and messing up combos.

Still, I try to play to sustain muscle memory and because, hey, it's fun. I'm in a relationship, I'm a student and I work so I need some fun times. :u

I have been playing everyday. I have plenty of free time, so why not? Plus, the game has not bored me yet, which is a very good thing and rare in my case. As for playing it more, less, or the same. I'll stick with same.

I play it at least once every two days, but generally once a day for about 30 minutes. I'm fine with how often I play it, as it is just enough time to get a couple online matches whenever I'm bored.

When it comes to fighting games, I've been bouncing between SG and Third Strike exclusively for the last year and a half or so. Usually I only get in about 20-30 minutes every couple of days, but it depends on how much work I have to do that week.

I don't have competitive aspirations, so when I boot up SG, I typically just screw around in training mode and go back and forth against the AI. Sometimes I'll make a run through Arcade Mode. For me it's just fun to play a bit and see if I can get a slightly better handle on the combo system, or learn a little more about another character.

I'm pretty happy with the time I put in, but I just wish I had some more time to play video games in general.

Half an hour Skullgirls, half an hour Psychonauts. That's how much hardcore-gamer I get.
Unless friendos are online and in mood to kick my ass, in which case we spend hours and hours and never get better

Been playing every day as practice for Evo. Definitely would like to play less, since feeling obligated to play the game makes it not any fun. Gonna need to take a break after Evo.

i have barely played at all lately. Kinda burnt out because I played too much before. It's important to not play too much, or you'll burn yourself out.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I came in right about the start of MDE. I have about 800-850 hours between retail, beta, and PS3/offline.

I do take breaks if I've hit a plateau or avoid playing if I know it's a situation that will be bad training, but for the most part I try to play as much and as seriously as I can.

If I had more time to play, I would. I recognize that I have very little innate talent for the game, and the only way that I can improve is to just work really hard at it.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Been playing every day as practice for Evo. Definitely would like to play less, since feeling obligated to play the game makes it not any fun. Gonna need to take a break after Evo.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.
Wow, that's cool- going to Evo. Hope you have fun & do well. I should check out the Evo topic to see who else is going & root for them in the side tourney. This game even being a side tourney is great considering the game is a U.S. indie studio release. It's that good...

Never.

Never.

Less.
Aren't you supposedly quiting after evo?

As I've been getting better, there have been less players in Australia that can actually measure up to me in Skullgirls. I have very little motivation to push myself since I am already at the top here. Most of my time playing is spent helping newer players improve, so I don't play a large amount (probably 3 hours peer week at max?) but at meetups I do have the occasional long set with strong local players.

Thus, I am putting more focus on other games in my local FGC(Like KoF, UMVC3) with stronger people that can slap me and force me to improve. With USF4 convincing me to drop the series entirely, I've picked up Melee/P:M and that is going to be quite a lot of pain to work through before I'm at a good level at that(3 frame short hops on pad oh god).

A local FG venue is getting the NBN(National Broadband Network) soon, so I'm gonna see how good of a connection I can get to people overseas with it when I'm there.

I used to play a lot less when I focused on a different game competitively. I guess it was more fun to have a side-ish game that didn't have concrete nightly commitments. Nowadays I play pretty frequently, I doubt I'll get burnt out anytime soon though since I can choose how much and when I play a lot easier since it's a solo sorta thing.

I try to play it at least once a day. This is like, one of the first fighting games I've really gotten interested in playing on a consistent basis. I would like to play more once I get my fight stick though

I stopped playing this game as soon as I got my progress wiped for doing absolutely nothing at all. Would really want to play more though

I play on PC and I wish there were more opponents from my region. Still I play enough so I wouldn't say more or less. It's always open.