• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How to beat Big Band's air unblockable?

Fatboyute

Reaction score
Idk what move it is because I've never played big band because I don't have the latest edition of the game, he is the only dlc char that i don't own so I don't have any problems though... but he has a move and i'm not talking about his dp but his anti air move that hits you even if you jump back while blocking... So basically its a move that makes you stand in one spot. how is that fair as an assist? sure there are fair lockdown assists like cerebella or eliza's thingy but those put you in hitstun so you can use some of the game mechanics to beat it and make life easier or just upback... i'm assuming there is some way around it... it basically says you can't go up, up back and back dashing was never an option because of how unsafe it is..

If you're talking about A-Train, the anti-air grab, it's unblockable when you're on the way up, but you can block it if you're falling. There's a few other moves with this property, like Bella's excellabella and beowulf's lvl 1 super.

All you have to do is not jump. You can move forward or backwards on the ground, it just hits if you're jumping.

also Fatboyute, you do have the lastest version of the game. you wouldn't be able to play online if you didn't.

Don't jump by default.

Technically, it's blockable when falling, but opponents must be using it to catch your jumps.