• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How to deal with her 2 hit invincible assist?

Shorydouken

gundham tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reaction score
Steam
luigifan20
PSN
luigifan20
XBL
Supermariofan20
Beowulf Big Band Peacock
I've forgotten the name, the move where she turns into Cerabella and uses Peach's side B

I have problems dealing with it, as it stops most of my attacks and is too quick to retaliate to before getting hit and combo'd.

i don't know shit about smash but I assume you're talking about lk bomber

but yeah you can grab the opponent so you'll be invincible when double would hit, you can block and punish, countercall, pretty much do anything you'd do against any DP because that's really what it is, a DP with more horizontal coverage than vertical

I mean if he's talking about LK Bomber as an assist, you can't block and punish, the other player is actually super plus in that scenario. Everything else is good advice tho.

When pressuring your opponent, it IS possible to react to the assist call with Throw, to nab them before the assist comes out.

If you're on defense, you have to block until it's done and gone.

If you tag an assist when it's in play (The Bomber is vulnerable during recovery) it goes on extended cooldown.

If you're worried about the opponent getting a free mixup off the assist being blocked, pushblock low and stand up (Or pushblock high and crouch), you'll be offered momentary High/Low protection. You can then cancel the end of the pushblock animation into a super if you see the opponent is still going in.

When pressuring your opponent, it IS possible to react to the assist call with Throw, to nab them before the assist comes out.

If you're on defense, you have to block until it's done and gone.

If you tag an assist when it's in play (The Bomber is vulnerable during recovery) it goes on extended cooldown.

If you're worried about the opponent getting a free mixup off the assist being blocked, pushblock low and stand up (Or pushblock high and crouch), you'll be offered momentary High/Low protection. You can then cancel the end of the pushblock animation into a super if you see the opponent is still going in.

Thanks man, and the other guys who suggested things, I've been playing a guy who uses Squigly/Double with that assist and it messes me up every time.

Thanks man, and the other guys who suggested things, I've been playing a guy who uses Squigly/Double with that assist and it messes me up every time.
It's a really good assist. You'll eventually learn when the opponent likes to call those in particular, and learn to press the advantage when they've burned their assist call prematurely.

If your mixups are solid, and you've got your opponent in the corner, you'll oftentimes find yourself getting a doublesnap against players who call assist defensively too much on wakeup. Say you reset someone, they call assist immediately, and you end up landing the mixup. You'll hit them before the assist even goes active, at which point the assist will not activate. You'll end up comboing both your opponent and their assist.

another note with LK bomber is it's only invincible for startup, once it becomes active it is no longer invincible, and if you notice here (bomber is 623K) the hitbox that damages you is only at the front, so if you are a character that has a move that can hit below and in front of them, you can hit the assist while it is still active to punish it as well (in case you are in a situation where waiting until the move has ended would put you at a disadvantage)