• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows How to get SG to ignore my HOTAS?

DosenDisco

Reaction score
Steam
thediscoverer
Eliza Unknown Unknown
Hey guys, so I am a proud owner of a HOTAS Warthog setup but I have to unplug it everytime I want to play SG(wich is quite often) because I dont know how I can get SG to Ignore certain inputdevices(SG goes crazy if I start it with the HOTAS plugged in since at least two axis do not have a 0/0 point in wich they dont give any signals).
I tried to rip them of any simulated axis or buttons with the script editor but it hasnt worked out thus far and maybe someone here knows an answer.

Thanks in advance
DD

Plugging the HOTASS only when you need to use it seems a good idea.
I mean, you don't play other things using HOTAS while you play SG, right?

Well I do this but I am growing tired of crawling to my PC everytime and I love to minimize/optimize stuff(like writing a little .bat for me that starts the L4D2 uncut and than launches the game).
Maybe I am going to use a .bat here too, dis/connecting devices via console command cant be that difficult, or the game itself has something to ignore input devices.

It recognizes even my Wiimote as a possible controller, even tho I can't set any hotkeys with it.

Lol, how do you even do that?

On a side note: I dont know if you would actually be able to to anything in them since Visual Studio is being a retard again because of my product key and wont let me do anything but you can just open the .sal documents.

Last edited:
Try using GlovePIE or something, to like, bind inputs.

Wiimotes use bluetooth to connect to the Wii.
You can also link them to the computer through it, so you can play on emulators like Dolphin using the wiimote.

Is it USB? I think you can probably go to control panel > Device Manager, finding the USB port it is attached to (should have the hardware name on it) and deactivate it. You can do the same to enable it back again or probably just unplug/plug it again and it should have the same effect.

Of course I'm not a proud owner of a HOTAS to test it, but I think it's worth a try.

Wiimotes use bluetooth to connect to the Wii.
You can also link them to the computer through it, so you can play on emulators like Dolphin using the wiimote.

What do you use to pick up the bluetooth? A normal camera?

Well yeah I can get rid of crawling to my PC by using the Device Manager, that´s nice for sure but I am still searching for something better

Notebook comes with the bluetooth thing. Just put on "Add a device" and press 1 and 2 simultaneously on the Wiimote. After it's detected, just put on "Pair without a code" and voilà.

Oh well, that´s a lot easier than I thought