• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How to have a simultaneously terrifying and frustrating evening in three easy steps:

Cynical

Sulphur and Mercury
Reaction score
Steam
Changes constantly; search for "Cynical" and look for my avatar.
Eliza Parasoul Cerebella
1. Holy shit! Sudden chest pain on the left side!
2. Go to E.R. Go through 4 hours of tests.
3. It's just a skeletal-muscular issue. Cardio numbers and blood numbers all kick ass.

Optional step 4: Ask the doctor what the difference in symptoms between this and a heart attack are, so that you don't go to the ER for nothing ever again. Get told "there is none".

skeletal muscular issue? like your muscles aren't getting enough exercise or something?

The doctor at the ER said it looked like I had pulled a muscle in my chest, and prescribed a muscle relaxer.

My man got so many feels, he pulled a muscle in his heart.

That sucks. I had a mild panic attack a couple of years ago and was certain my heart would explode at any sec. After spending several hours in the ER finding out I was fine, I left feeling like a total moron.

well the good thing is you're alright. can you still do your normal stuff or do you have to stay home and heal?

I can still do my normal stuff (if I was a weightlifter or an athlete, I couldn't do that, but I'm a computer programmer, so it's not a problem). It's not a major injury; it just happens to be one the symptoms of which present very similarly to a heart attack.

@OP8 : Don't feel bad about that, panic attacks are some serious shit. People who haven't either had one or have friends/family that have had one think it's "just a bit of nerves", but nothing could be further from the truth.

Reactions: Banazama