• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How to replace/edit voice over files? (Skullmod)

Nope, is not possible at the moment.

Well, you can try make an app for this :)
I already wrote about the structure of the snd-wav format earlier

Since this has not been stated officially on this forum before, I personally don't want to enforce any moderator action on it, but just to let everyone know Hidden Variable Studios have posted an official word on what is or isn't allowed regarding modding on the official Discord as below:

Hey everyone. In light of some recent discussions, we wanted to provide an official statement regarding what is/isn’t allowed modding-wise for Skullgirls (consistent with what the rules have been in the past):

In brief:
- STAGE and MUSIC modding is allowed.
- CHARACTER and PALETTE modding is not allowed. We ask that you not touch any .gfs that have “characters” in the name. NOTE: This not only applies to making and distributing these mods, but also sharing/advertising video content of any of these mods in action.

We respectfully ask that folks abide by these rules (which, again, have been in place for some time). Note that, while we are not actively threatening consequences for ignoring these requests, if folks fail to take these seriously and ignore warnings from moderators, we will explore further action.

Thanks for your understanding and for all of your passionate support of Skullgirls over the years!

The devs should post an official word on this on the forums soon as well, but based on their message on Discord, I think we should respect their wishes and not publicly discuss/promote modding that aren't allowed per the above announcement.

Reactions: iota and Holy Goose
Well, you can try make an app for this :)
I already wrote about the structure of the snd-wav format earlier
Yup, we just need to know a little more about python and how the game manages the files and reads them, but since im starting to enter university I don't have much time right now :/

Since this has not been stated officially on this forum before, I personally don't want to enforce any moderator action on it, but just to let everyone know Hidden Variable Studios have posted an official word on what is or isn't allowed regarding modding on the official Discord as below:

The devs should post an official word on this on the forums soon as well, but based on their message on Discord, I think we should respect their wishes and not publicly discuss/promote modding that aren't allowed per the above announcement.
Yeah, i readed something similar on the old forums, lets just keep it that way.