• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

i feel like im bad at everything i do in life

Fatboyute

Reaction score
hello people i am a valentine main. mostly solo sometimes with rf, filia or beowulf.

things i am bad at (aka everything but in detail)
  • dealing with beowulf's j.lk crossup and his j.hp with chair and his mixups
  • dealing with painwheels when they jump in
  • dealing with big band's grabs and his air thingy where he just flies away and smacks you with the 2 garbage can covers
  • dealing with double's pressure and mixups
  • dealing with peacock's everything
  • mixing up my opponent to get in because all i do is j.mp or j.hp or dash in and crlk crmk crhp
  • resetting them i literally can only do the airdash lk reset
basically my defense struggles really badly because i always find myself in the corner getting destroyed with an assist+jump in or assist then grab into combo. i will appreciate all advice, thanks

p.s. i have 200 hours in this game is that little or a lot because i think its plenty yet i still get destroyed online..

Hours don't matter at all it's on the quality of the time lots of bad players have thousands of hours and are still terrible.

Have you looked at the beginners resources thread?

As for resets you'll want to go the Val boards and look there.

I'm not sure how to exactly explain the rest except that Val can avoid band things and pester him with shurikens but be mindful of his options when doing that. Cymbals is hard to punish sometimes.

Val can close a gap with peacock by doing H bypass to super if peacock is playing dumb.

Blocking crossup jLK from beo can be hard to see sometimes don't beat yourself up too much but is there something else he's doing? as for jHP you can chickenblock it which makes you fall fast to the floor for a punish unless he does blitzer but if you can avoid him val can keep him away with shurikens but it also depends on their assist.

jHK is really good for "Hey don't get near me dude this is a big hitbox and it's disjointed."

Last edited: