• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I found Painwheel's airdash

oh my god please this must be added to the list of Mike approved glitches

time to experiment with this

I'm trying to make sense of this. Painwheel dashes during blockstun. And then of course the walking on air thing. I just don't...what?

Though this shows that Beowulf will be able to stand above the floor on his chair...I guess?

Hahaha, what even.

Can happen when you unfly armor and block something without much leniency. Acts like she's on the ground and she can dash, no aircrawl or air hatred install or anything like that =-(. Anything but her backdash for some reason counts as mid-air.

Though this shows that Beowulf will be able to stand above the floor on his chair...I guess?

Next on the experiment list: chair dashing

Reactions: Barrogh
Can happen when you unfly armor and block something without much leniency. Acts like she's on the ground and she can dash, no aircrawl or air hatred install or anything like that =-(. Anything but her backdash for some reason counts as mid-air.

A I R

L I G H T

N A I L S

P L E A S E

A I R

L I G H T

N A I L S

P L E A S E

Sorry man =-( I've dreampt about such things too. All you can do is backdash like she's on the ground for some reason, and since you can cancel her backdash with her forward dash, that's what gives the forward momentum. The best thing you can really do is quickly cancel her backdash into a forward dash and actually cross parasoul up in this situation, haha. Or you can use the fact that she can now do ANYTHING in blockstun for some reason, and instantly punish that J.HP.

This would be legit, her blade is spinning like a motherfucker during death crawl, could totally fly with that.
Here I thought that move couldn't get any fucking freakier.

the fact that she can now do ANYTHING in blockstun for some reason

Sorry for the extra post, I just wanted to give examples on that statement. You can see the animation for the throw before the blockstun bar goes away, as well as see invincibility sparks before the blockstun bar goes away in the second clip.

you buffed painwheel

you're a hero, @Zevak

She's not canceling her blockstun, I figured out what is happening.

She is not doing things out of blockstun. She is simply no longer in blockstun. It seems blockstun entered during the unfly animation does not carry over into a blocking animation so.... she only has blockstun during the unfly animation.

If you'll notice, Painwheel normally blocks by putting the blade in front of her. Yet during all the examples she is simply falling yet somehow in blockstun. This explains why; falling is PW's unfly animation, during which she can block but is never put into a blocking animation so once she leaves unfly she's in NEUTRAL.

PLS KEEP.

I'd say the blockstun > neutral thing is maybe intentional and part of unfly but the dash thing certainly isn't?

Or maybe it's all unintentional. We'll find out soon, on the next episode of Mike Z checks his notifications.

PLS KEEP.

It's strange because she enters her crouching blockstun animation in the air. But then she falls so it puts her in falling neutral?

e6ed63128d7a058e17a8320dab224e40.png

Reactions: gllt
Oh hey, a use! Pls keep...
Assuming, of course, that Youtube decides to process the video in this millennium.
edit: Now with a new video that actually processed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shumabooma
Video works now.

The way it helps the PW matchup is using it to bypass the ridiculous blockstun of item drop, allowing her to get back in the air.

nice-things-cat-300x242.jpg
Hey I play fortune so I would prefer that things do not go in the way that you would like them. :)

EDIT: "Fuck" sounds kinda mean so I'm gonna go ahead and censor myself.

So wait, the input is:

Fly, armor, unfly?

Or is it fly, armor absorb, unfly?

And if its unfly, then technically pw should be able to cancel into fly again... Not just super or dash?

Either way, this glitch seems awesome, pls keep.

Oh, neat!

I mean obviously not the backdash thing, but the less-blockstun thing.
Let's take a look here...

Alrighty, she wasn't allowed to block from that animation, only to go to hitstun, which explains the going-to-crouch-in-the-air thing. ([edit] Transitioning to hitstun, not finding that any of the hitstuns applied, and going to the failsafe which is apparently crouching mid stun and then exiting right away to crouch.)
So I fixed that.

But since she's effectively had zero blockstun from that animation for a couple of months now, apparently, perhaps I can fix that up a bit and make it a thing.

perhaps I can fix that up a bit and make it a thing.
omw to find fortune glitches

@PW_Players
Don't be so mean to me. I just came back to this game after a break, haha.

So wait, the input is:

Fly, armor, unfly?

Or is it fly, armor absorb, unfly?

And if its unfly, then technically pw should be able to cancel into fly again... Not just super or dash?

armor, absorb, fly, unfly, block, dash for the backdash/air restand glitch I did. For 0 blockstun, just unfly as something's about to hit you and block it =-P. And yeah, she can do anything she pleases.

armor, absorb, fly, unfly, block, dash for the backdash/air restand glitch I did. For 0 blockstun, just unfly as something's about to hit you and block it =-P. And yeah, she can do anything she pleases.
Armor absorb is not required, you can do it anytime you block out of the 5-frame animation of unflying.

Alrighty, fixed in the next update.

She'll now enter blockstun, but if you actually get it from the unfly animation she's only in blockstun for 1/4 as long as normal. Still a large advantage if you can manage to block within that short window, just not zero frames.

Sweet! The power of acronyms. Thanks Mike.

Reactions: Cellsai and gllt