• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Personal I Need Help Drawing Some Off-Topic Charcters

Notkastar

Not a- What?
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
notstardragon
Unknown Squigly Fukua
Hey and thanks for clicking this thread =)
My name's look to the left and I'm a cartoonist.
Recently I've been trying to draw or at the least trying to understand how to draw:

Zappa from Guilty Gear
latest

And F.A.N.G from the new street fighter game
news_psx_street_fighter_v_reveals_f_a_n_g-17367.jpg

About 5 minutes ago I took another shot at drawing a Fang as a Cosplay for one of my characters
new_canvas_by_deviantkeybrian-da6ngjg.png
Which I think came out pretty well but, I still can't draw the whole body.
I'm having problems with the proportions and their poses.
Fang is like a bird but, I don't know how to translate that into human movements
and Zappa is like a character straight out of Jojo!
06648dd8a399607d5c25e3c332109f10.gif

It's posing with x10 the intensity!

So I thought it was about time I ask for for help on the topic.
Could anyone help/show me how to draw those two or have any guides on the topic?

Sidenote:
Sorry if this involves a lot of picture.
Just showing what I'm working with to get anyone who see this up to speed quickly. =)

I will attempt to help!

Are you trying to draw your character cosplaying these characters, or just the characters in general?

If It's just the character proportions, I can try to help you out a little bit with FANG since I'm ok with drawing exaggerated characters

So, the first thing we're going to do is take a look at some references, because refs help!

fang01.jpg

5846735637824c902c7158a27f600de6.png

fang_v_trigger.jpg

alright, so what's the first thing we notice about this guy? He's extremely tall, lanky, and very LONG. His limbs are huge, and his head is tiny, despite how tiny his head is compared to his body, it's still long~

so we'll start off with his face:
head.png

while his head is small, it's still really long and oblong shaped, this character is very exaggerated and expressive, so imo I think you can go as over the top as you want with his anatomy.

I sketched the body/pose using the first reference:

body.png

what you want to keep in mind, looking at this character and his body, all of his movements flow, so you want long wavy strokes to show off his movements. His limbs are really long, so feel free to exaggerate the proportions! So basically, small head, loooong body and limbs, everything about this guy is long!

fang.png

I didn't do anything fancy, but here's some quick details of the sketch, finishing him off. Like I mentioned before, you want his limbs to flow. His sleeves should actually be longer and more flowy than I've drawn them here tbh, because they cut off where his hands are and flow past them~

anyway, FANG in short, LOOOOONG body and limbs, long face, very flowy, lots of fluff to go with his personality

TWOMINUTES.png

bonus sketch!

idk if this was helpful or not when it comes to understanding how FANG looks, I tried to keep it brief since I didn't want the post to get too long~

Reactions: Notkastar
Hello, glad to see a new face around here!

Although I suggest you to read the rules more carefully. Click here for forum rules.

It is a bummer to inform you that we only allow SkullGirls fanart to be posted in this forum. I will not delete this thread, but I will give you a warning.

Make sure to read your rules!

Also, your art's cool! Keep drawing!

Reactions: Notkastar
I will attempt to help!

Are you trying to draw your character cosplaying these characters, or just the characters in general?

If It's just the character proportions, I can try to help you out a little bit with FANG since I'm ok with drawing exaggerated characters

So, the first thing we're going to do is take a look at some references, because refs help!

fang01.jpg

5846735637824c902c7158a27f600de6.png

fang_v_trigger.jpg

alright, so what's the first thing we notice about this guy? He's extremely tall, lanky, and very LONG. His limbs are huge, and his head is tiny, despite how tiny his head is compared to his body, it's still long~

so we'll start off with his face:
head.png

while his head is small, it's still really long and oblong shaped, this character is very exaggerated and expressive, so imo I think you can go as over the top as you want with his anatomy.

I sketched the body/pose using the first reference:

body.png

what you want to keep in mind, looking at this character and his body, all of his movements flow, so you want long wavy strokes to show off his movements. His limbs are really long, so feel free to exaggerate the proportions! So basically, small head, loooong body and limbs, everything about this guy is long!

fang.png

I didn't do anything fancy, but here's some quick details of the sketch, finishing him off. Like I mentioned before, you want his limbs to flow. His sleeves should actually be longer and more flowy than I've drawn them here tbh, because they cut off where his hands are and flow past them~

anyway, FANG in short, LOOOOONG body and limbs, long face, very flowy, lots of fluff to go with his personality

TWOMINUTES.png

bonus sketch!

idk if this was helpful or not when it comes to understanding how FANG looks, I tried to keep it brief since I didn't want the post to get too long~

Really sorry about the wait,
Got really inspired when I read all and lost track of time n_n;

This helped me out a ton man, Thanks =)
(Might just have save this somewhere so I can bring it up later if I'm ever stumped on him again lolz)
And I was thinking a little of both (Cosplay and General) though the same predicable should apply right?

For someone to cosplay it it would drape over them like a sheet
3_by_deviantkeybrian-da6rxm7.png

And for Fang, To Draw him very long and stretched out from his body to his face
fangs_by_deviantkeybrian-da6rrnq.jpg
Wasn't quite done with this one yet n_n;

Have any advice on drawing Zappa and advance Jojo like posing?
Your input would be greatly appreciated =)

Hello, glad to see a new face around here!

Although I suggest you to read the rules more carefully. Click here for forum rules.

It is a bummer to inform you that we only allow SkullGirls fanart to be posted in this forum. I will not delete this thread, but I will give you a warning.

Make sure to read your rules!

Also, your art's cool! Keep drawing!

Thanks and Sorry about this in that case.
Is it possible to have this thread moved to off-topic so not to ruffle any more feathers?