• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible Ideas Thread - No L0 developers Allowed <3

Tank

I argue till I'm wrong or right
Reaction score
Steam
Psn_Drsusredfish
PSN
Drsusredfish
Parasoul Robo Fortune
Post ideas you think would be cool for Indivisible. To keep from having another Juju incident the L0 developers are encouraged NOT to visit this thread. At least not visibly visit it ;)
We love you guys and gals <3.

You know you are making a suggestion if it starts something like

It'd be cool if indivisible...
I hope that this thing is like this...
Are you guys gona do this...
etc.

Last edited:
I'll start things off. With one of my favorite incarnations Narssus. Since he is a product of voodoo magic i thought it would be cool if his super called out a voodoo doll of one of the monsters on the field and he tosses it into the enemy crowd. the doll doesn't move but it can be comboed like a regular enemy. The enemy that the doll is mimicking would damage that monster when the doll is hit. So the monster can get double damage from the doll getting hit and the monster getting hit directly.

as a cute touch every monster in the game can get a little plushie design that gets thrown onto the field. Who knew Narssus was good at arts and crafts :P.

I'll start things off. With one of my favorite incarnations Narssus. Since he is a product of voodoo magic i thought it would be cool if his super called out a voodoo doll of one of the monsters on the field and he tosses it into the enemy crowd. the doll doesn't move but it can be comboed like a regular enemy. The enemy that the doll is mimicking would damage that monster when the doll is hit. So the monster can get double damage from the doll getting hit and the monster getting hit directly.

as a cute touch every monster in the game can get a little plushie design that gets thrown onto the field. Who knew Narssus was good at arts and crafts :P.
Maybe as a super; seems like that would be really powerful, since it completely bypasses enemy blocking. On the plus side, they could get around having to animate dolls of every enemy by just using shrunk-down versions of the pre-existing sprites.

Also, it would be cute if Lanshi had a status buff by nuzzling the target party member.

And I had an idea a while back for a chef-based character placing a pot on the battle field that party members could try knocking enemies into. After a while, the chef could throw the vessel in the air and shatter it on his knee- a Pot Buster!

I would also like a post-game "Just for Pun" mode. It looks like Indivisible's going to have a pretty serious tone, and I like things light. Snarky comments about knowing what's going to happen anyway are also fun. 'Cause girls just wanna have pun.

I want different party members to react to different situations. For example helping with a black magic quest when a party member hates black magic or something.

I know L0 has said you have to have Ajna in your party always, but it'd be nice if there was some special way to switch her out for a 4th Incarnation. Maybe have it unlocked in New Game+.

I'd like to speculate about possible future guest Incarnations, because... well, from what I read in Polygon, we're supposed to get more of them, right? Maybe another three guest characters? That would be awesome and I'm sure it will bring at least another $200k can of hype fuel. Shantae, of course, would be that hype fuel, especially after the Cloud-will-be-in-Smash reveal. As for characters from Undertale, well... I'm not sure. Undyne would fit in the Indivisible world, I think, but considering that Undertale already has a toxic group in the fandom... just look at this.

My idea great for Indivisible is that upon entering a battle, someone must say anything.

Someone had an idea in the other thread, can't remember who it was, that characters have a weakness to particular monsters. This would be cool to have between characters too. Like a iron kingdom character wouldn't work well with a rebel so they get a debuff when they try to work together.

Something else that would be cool is if characters have like passive abilities.

Passive abilities ideas:

Zahra - rival characters don't debuff each other since her music can stop a war in her story.

Nuna - flowers grow around the enemies location. These flowers sap the health from the enemy or something.

Narssus - physical attacks do less damage to him since he's a zombie. Fire attacks do more damage.

Zebei - when teamed with another projectile user he gets a damage debuff cause he's a show off who doesn't want to get shown up. when teamed with a non-projectile user he gets a speed buff because he wants to show off.

Toko - when in a team of all girls she gets a speed boost to her action gauge because it reminds her of living with her sisters.

George - Animal characters teamed with george get a speed reduction because he's basically a poacher.

Antoine - like Zahra, when he is on a team the debuffs that come from the team don't happen because he's trying to make everyone work together.

Tenoch - When on a team with all guys he gets a damage boost because he feels like he's on a Ōllamaliztli team.

Razmi - If her and ajna are the last standing she builds more idhi meter. When she heals the team her action meter builds slowly cause it annoys her.

stuff like this would really make you want to mix and match the team.

I really hope this game has some tense platform-climbing segments where you might have to engage in fights while on small platforms. Your team would need the right tools to deal with the surrounding enemies while also doing their best to keep from getting knocked off. I can already picture some flying enemies being perfect for this scenario, especially ones with that good ol' wavey flight pattern outside of battle.

I also think it'd be crazy if there were some enemies that automatically attracted more enemies to them if they engaged in a fight. I can imagine something like a swarm of bees that would keep coming at you if you alerted one of them, and no matter how many you killed, more would keep joining the fight. Eventually your best strategy would be to debuff them long enough to give you time to run away. Since Indivisible's battle system naturally gives you a fighting chance in these scenarios, there could actually be situations where you NEED to push your way through such a swarm in order to reach your next destination (and without having an OP movement option like Dust Storm or Dragon Boost to back you up).

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing how Indivisible can bring a nice spin to the typical platforming formulas. With most enemies having at least two different kinds of behaviors to learn, and the players still needing to be aware of their surroundings during battle, I think the possibilities are pretty exciting.

More Passive abilities

Yan - No Debuff works on yan cause in her story she's above all the haters. Being on a team with characters with injuries, scars, missing body parts, boosts her attack power.

Lanshi - Team members start off with an extra 1000 hit points of since having a dog tends to lead to a longer life.

Qadira - because of her story she counts as both a male and female so things like tenoch's and toko's buffs would still work with Qadira. sword users get an attack boost.

Ajna - is a tomboy so like Qadira she counts as a male and female. Her passive changes with her weapon. The gender-bender fans would have a field day with this concept. but gameplay needs it cause ajna can't switch out. ugh...

Tungar - The more damage he takes the stronger his attacks become since he's so tenacious.

Vasco - being teamed with an iron kingdom character slows the amount of idhi he builds since he doesn't want to defend them. If he and ajna are the last ones standing he gets an attack and action speed boost and idhi speed boost to protect the last civilian.

Pheobe - being on a team with 3 "children" ignites her maternal instincts and raises her attack power.

Kushi - Animal team members get an action speed boost.

Naga rider - Bare hands/feet, paw/claw fighters get an attack and magic boost.

Dhar - Debuffs don't work on dhar cause who cares what the peons think.

Thorani - Debuffs don't work on thorani because of her hair.

Kaldi - all team members get an action speed boost cause caffeine.

Boazhai - Get more loot/items/currency (if this game even gets loot or currency)

thinks thats everyone minus the guests.

I wonder if the guest characters will have special "loyalty" quests like the original ones and if Annie's will involve "her number 1 fan" causing mischief.

I don't think DDB warrants all the hate I've seen in the main thread, but I totally understand mike.

ok but add a werewolf character thank you labzero

I know one guy who, when I showed him Indivisible, went "OK, but when is there going to be a dinosaur".
Then when against all odds they did include one, he went "OK, but how about a real one instead of a bootleg".
Yet then, when they revealed he'll go full T-rex in his super, he went "OK, but how about he drops the goofy skateboard".
Lesson learned, some people are impossible to satisfy.

Reactions: Fumako
I don't think DDB warrants all the hate I've seen in the main thread, but I totally understand mike.
I thought it was all tongue-in-cheek.

Lanshi - Team members start off with an extra 1000 hit points of since having a dog tends to lead to a longer life.
Yegads, do you want the giant puppy dog chasing nerf toys this early in the game? :P

RE integration of combat and platforming- I hope they keep how enemies can knock your party members out of the battle field. It seems like a useful feature, and many RPG's give certain enemies a "remove from combat" ability. (Off the top of my head, Ruby Weapon from FF7 had some sort of whirling sand vortex... thing.) Means you have to be more careful about where you get into fights. Conversely, being able to knock enemies out of the battlefield could also be handy.

I hope we get some ability to jump on enemy heads. Maybe an ice beam?

It'd be kool if Tenoch has some clutch-like passive move. Like the lower health your team has, the more damage he does.

OH theres one more thing I thought of. Enemy wise, I hope theres a boss version of the hungry ghosts called the Spicy Hungry Ghost. It'd have some hot sauce dabbled over it.

OH theres one more thing I thought of. Enemy wise, I hope theres a boss version of the hungry ghosts called the Spicy Hungry Ghost. It'd have some hot sauce dabbled over it.
Nonsense, sriracha makes everything go down easier. It'd be a burn effect on the enemy!

Thought it would be cool for there to be a Wendigo incarnation, or considering they're evil cannibals, a boss. Something like a skin-walker that can turn into one. Another boss idea would be something inspired by Godo from FF7. Notice how each mask has a different stance and move set? I always thought that was really cool.

Thought it would be cool for there to be a Wendigo incarnation

Not just a wendigo but any monster in the game should be able to be an incarnation. Monsters in this world are basically human souls that had bad karma or something right? Like lanshi. So if lanshi can be an incarnation why not any other monster. Having controllable monsters on your team would be really fun.

It would add a collectable aspect to the game too. Got'a catch'm all.

Reactions: The Dave
Eh, that sounds a little...well it feels like it wouldn't work that great. Lanshi was turned into a dog, but the monster we fight are brutal monsters by nature. They happily attack us. Yeah there could be a nice one here and there, but making them incarnations requires they have strong enough iddhi themselves and be compatible with Ajna in some form.

Spicy Hungry Ghost... hot sauce dabbled over it.
I think spicy curry would be the more asian topping.

Here's my big Idea:
Animate every Naga Rider scene like a shitty 90's anime. It'd take less to animate then real cut-scenes and it would be hilarious too. Even better: Live action power rangers style cut-scenes.

Reactions: CatfishZealot
I wonder if some the skullgirls mechanics will make it into indivisible. like wall bounces or maybe for indivisible ceiling hits too. Hitting the enemy, or you getting hit, into the environment could add something to a rpg I haven't seen before.

Hiting wall's and ceilings could add extra damage and make a way to extend the combo. Stage hazards could even be used while you are in a fight.

I'm wondering just how unique some of these attacks will be. Like, the earth familiar idea I had, her throw a rock thats stick to the enemy and explode a period of time later. Thatd possibley end combos or interrupt enemies. Stuff like that, that really takes the system and plays with it

Idea for Zen Run:

You know how in Nuna's Bio states how she hates fighting? Well if you do a full Zen run in the game Nuna will praise Ajna for not hurting anyone and managing to save the planet by talking it out. Then She presents Ajna with a crown of flowers that Ajna can wear in NG+.

This has probably been mentioned before, but I think it would be really cool: Using the axe to stick to moving objects!

Also, some sort of an ice beam like that freezing crystal thing in Valkyrie Profile, coupled with axe-climbing- oh, this could be really cool!

Well,since it was brought up in the other thread, hopefully discussing possible crossovers isn't staying too far from gameplay suggestions?

I've seen people say that Sans would be the best character to represent Undertale should it happen, but the problem isn't even that he doesn't fit - the other crossover characters are just as,if not more modern looking - but that most of his powers are major spoilers. Indivisible isn't coming out anytime soon, but spoiling people through the art and the inevitable fans that'll say everything in the social media posts doesn't seem like something either Toby Fox or Lab Zero would want. Same would apply to anyone later in the game.
On the other hand, Undyne and Papyrus not only fit the setting with more timeless-looking armor, but they're still just a few hours in and their abilities hardly affect the plot,just their own battles. If I had to choose anyone in the cast, it'd definately be one of those two.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm replying to no one in particular, I just didn't want to continue the conversation in the main thread since it's just speculation.

Reactions: ArgonBern
The thing that perplexed me was that Undyne and Papyrus could work because they have some sort of weapon they can use in battle (Undyne her spear and Papyrus, like, a bone?), but as much as I like the thought of Sans punning everyone to death, what does he have as a weapon? Apart from his powers I think nothing, and you can't see him fighting with punches like Lea really.

The spoiler things from UT are also important too.

Naga Rider gives you a free magic hovering motorcycle.

35 character 4 player final boss confirmed.

An army battle who all the characters need to put in a 4 characters party to kill enemies and more enemies to make easiest to the main party break the castle :P

Reactions: The Dave
I think it would be cool if tiny, incremental HP increases you could gain through "exp" added up to change the plot. Say, Ajna's supposed to be critically injured at some point down the line, but instead she tanks it and continues fighting. Like if a really buff, level 99 Aeris could turn around and slap Sephiroth across the room.

I think it would be cool if tiny, incremental HP increases you could gain through "exp" added up to change the plot. Say, Ajna's supposed to be critically injured at some point down the line, but instead she tanks it and continues fighting. Like if a really buff, level 99 Aeris could turn around and slap Sephiroth across the room.
wouldn't that incentivize grinding? in order to get those slightly higher HP to survive such things? isn't that something L0 wants to avoid?

wouldn't that incentivize grinding? in order to get those slightly higher HP to survive such things? isn't that something L0 wants to avoid?
I was under the impression that any gains through grinding would be minimal, making such a thing like this hard to find... and therefore hilarious if it happened.

Has anyone suggested a viking incarnation already?

gona be describing button layout stuff from a playstation perspective.

One thing i want for the game is more than 4 characters being used at once. While in battle the L2 and R2 buttons aren't in use so those could be slots for 2 extra incarnations. I'd want the "use idhi" button to be on L2 and block with whole team to stay L1 though. so R1 and R2 would be for the characters. Then it will be like a six button fighting game.
the shear chaos of all those attacks would be fun.

then with all these characters i'd want the ability to choose the battle formation so instead of a diamond formation I could choose a surround the enemy formation or 3 groups of 2.

Last edited:
Anthro furry incarnation.
C-_1x1vIFuI.jpg
Fox or cat, or dog, or bunny. No matter.

Eeeh I wouldn't really go that far you know? That's me at least.