• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

IndoPr0's Stupid Training Diary

IndoPr0

300 Ping Warrior
Reaction score
Steam
steamcommunity.com/id/IndoPr0
Well, hello.

Who are you?

Well, I'm IndoPr0, average 16 year old kid hailing from Indonesia. I'm currently in senior year of high school, and is trying effortlessly to balance school, gaming, running etc.

What characters you play?
I play solo Filia, currently trying to master another character (and trying not to execute Filia combos on them).

Do you play other fighting games, or any other games in general?
Yes! I also play Tekken Tag Tournament 2, a little bit SFIV, Dota, and Starcraft.

Do you have any social media accounts?
You can follow me on twitter at @followIndoPr0, or at my steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/IndoPr0

Wow. just played against a generous guy, Filia vs Cerebella. NINETEEN GAMES. Got beaten 3-16 (he switched to Ms. Fortune for a few games too)

What i learned : I move with Hairball a lot. And now I learned it's somewhat bad. If it's blocked, prepare for a beating.

Any good, easy-to-learn combos?

First off, the end of Filia's air-hairball can be air-dash cancelled, so jump and use the MK version. If it's blocked either air-dash away to make distance or air-dash forward, hit j.HP -> j.HK and that can lead into a combo (although there will be no spare airdash in the combo).

Also, in SDE, Filia's air-hairball is hard, if not impossible, to punish if you hold back as it finishes, dunno if it's still like this in MDE.

Secondly, the most basic Filia combo I used once upon a time is:
c.LK -> c.MK -> s.HP -jump> j.LK -> j.MK -> LK or MK Hairball -> Gregor Samson -wait for them to land> c.LK -> s.MK -> s.HP -jump> j.MP -> j.HK

An alternative that leads onto a recovery mixup is:
c.LK -> c.MK -> s.HP -jump> j.LK -> j.MK -> LK or MK Hairball -> Gregor Samson -before they land, hit them with> s.HK

This will slide them along the floor and they won't be able to tech roll (so they have to stand up slowly on the spot), use their recovery time to run at them. Usually I wait for them to stand, jump forward then hit j.HK quickly, if they start countering this I go into a crouching block just as they stand up and punish their counter. If they start blocking this I either go for a grab or for a c.MK->j.HP-jump>air combo.

One more thing is a throw into Gregor Samson (which can lead into a combo as shown in the first combo example). You can either do:
Grab -> HK Hairball -> Gregor Samson -> combo
or:
Grab -> HP Ringlet Spike -> Gregor Samson -> combo

Use HK Hairball if your combo isn't particularly long, otherwise go with HP Ringlet Spike

Reactions: Pheno
Last I checked, somewhere between SDE and MDE they made Filia's Airball safe on block.

Last I checked, somewhere between SDE and MDE they made Filia's Airball safe on block.
I can't seem to get my way out of command grabs... I tried to throw tech my way out from Diamond Drop and I always fail..

A silly advice : Don't be afraid to play on 300 ping! I play in 250-400 and life is still good.

You can't throw tech out of command grabs. If you're expecting a grab, jump. Jumps beat grabs.

Unless Cerebella expects you to jump and throws her anti-air grab instead... MIND GAMES

You can't throw tech out of command grabs. If you're expecting a grab, jump. Jumps beat grabs.

Unless Cerebella expects you to jump and throws her anti-air grab instead... MIND GAMES

That is sick mind games. Tried it too, he guessed it... >_<

Oh, and thank you DARKNESSxEAGLE, I initially used c.LK -> c.MK -> s.HP -jump> j.LK -> j.MK -> HK Hairball -> Gregor Samson -> Updo/Fenrir Drive, now I'll try to do some variation. After Gregor, i tried c.LK -> s.MK -> s.HP -jump> j.MP -> MK Hairball -> Gregor Samson/j.HK (if no more bar)

This isn't entirely true as Bella's grab bag can be teched.
Also Val's command grab can be countered by pretty much any LP or LK. Pushblocking before the enemy uses it in a blockstring also makes them move in the other direction. Val's command grab sucks.

I wasn't thinking of grab bag, actually. I was thinking of her DP command grab.

Her DP command grab can be blocked like any normal move.

Oh, so I suppose you can chicken block to bait it out too then, huh?

Her DP command grab can be blocked like any normal move.

Not 100% true in the latest version of the game. It was changed so that...

Excellabella change said:
Excellabella is now unblockable as long as the opponent's upward velocity is higher than 1px/frame. Previously this required a velocity higher than 6px/frame.

So you still need to be careful when attempting to jump out of pressure.

Wow. Lots of new knowledge going into my head..

Right now i'm trying something like c.LK s.MK s.HP j.MK (2 hits) HK Hairball j.MP restand s.LPx2 s.MP s.HP j.LK j.MK (2 hits) MP Hairball Gregor Samson. Any chance this will work?
Anyway I'm at school right now so the combo i just listed may or may not work.

Oh and Kiyobi, you watch Danganronpa? Me too.

Assuming you airdash cancel out of Airball, it should work.

Also, yes, Danganronpa ftw. I've actually already finished the VN on the PSP before the anime came out. VN is way better.

My match against mpgame99, with very high lag (this is how my lobby play goes every day, except maybe vs Asia players)
Got my ass handed.
Nice experience though, was fun.

Oh, and I tried to do shit on my free time, such as W<space>QD for movement and PS3 stick as P and Ks.

600+ ping? Wow, what region are you in? Might be worth trying to find some players in the same or nearby regions so you can play with a good connection

600+ ping? Wow, what region are you in? Might be worth trying to find some players in the same or nearby regions so you can play with a good connection
I'm from South East Asia (Indonesia to be exact), ping usually goes from 300 to 500, 200 if versus Japanese.

Indonesia's internet is pretty hard to improve, due to lots of islands (need lots of sea cables). I'm using 3G stick, downloads like a boss (although pings didn't tell the same story) due to good cable internet being rare here.

I'm looking for a character that is VERY mobile and have a rushdown feel.
I feel that Parasoul didn't match my play.

Also sub 200 ping finally.

I'm looking for a character that is VERY mobile and have a rushdown feel.
I feel that Parasoul didn't match my play.

Also sub 200 ping finally.
Try Valentine.