• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Introduce Yourself!

welcome. i'm sure you'l have a great time here with the community. We're all super supportive to new players and try to help out the best we can.

yes hello I am noob, but maybe one day I will not be noob.

Also I wanted to let you guys know that on Google your site description says "comunity" instead of "community". Might wanna fix that

hey guys! just started playing a couple days ago, picked up fukua and really love her a lot. glad there's still an active community for this game like this :BIG:

yup, SG will stick around forever. If you like Fukua now then you would have loved her first version when she came out a couple years ago. Super Simple, very strong pressure, tons of moves to abuse and cheese with. Now she's more of a battery/assist character with her Drill Assist acting as great combo extender and corner pressure/lockdown.

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. people will try their best to help out in anyway possible.

haha wow, she already seems really strong as-is

this is the first team-based fighting game i've tried to pick up, so i'm struggling to adapt to that aspect of the game. are there any guides or general bits of advice for learning how to play with/against multiple character teams?

sweet thank u, gonna read over all of this

Hey there, I've been looking to get into fighting games and I heard skullgirls is a good one to start with. Been playing it on and off for a while. I hope to meet some people to practice with and to motivate eachother to get better, since I am still like a pig on ice.

yup there are new players here and in the SG Discord! and don't worry if you practice every so offten you'll improve in no time

Hey guys. New player here, SG is my first fighting game and i am extremely hooked. I suck tho but man this is fun. Hope to meet some nice people here and experience some FGC feeling.

-Djoc

Hey guys. New player here, SG is my first fighting game and i am extremely hooked. I suck tho but man this is fun. Hope to meet some nice people here and experience some FGC feeling.

-Djoc
Hey, good to see people are still getting into SG, I'm also quite new to the game as well, want to play together sometime? You can add me on steam if you want (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jonglenaut/), hope to hear from you ^^

Last edited:
how much yall bet im gonna get banned by this friday

anyway im uh
a guy who got pushed into playing it
just kidding one of my friends likes this thing and now i play it too i guess
also we talk about important sg related subjects all the time
like how good big band would be in a jojo game
and how painwheel didnt become the skullgirl or at least lose maries blood in any other story mode
by the way DOES THIS THING EVEN HAVE CENSORSHIP

*cough* panties incident *cough*

But no, no censorship for anything else.

how much yall bet im gonna get banned by this friday

anyway im uh
a guy who got pushed into playing it
just kidding one of my friends likes this thing and now i play it too i guess
also we talk about important sg related subjects all the time
like how good big band would be in a jojo game
and how painwheel didnt become the skullgirl or at least lose maries blood in any other story mode
by the way DOES THIS THING EVEN HAVE CENSORSHIP
what do you mean does it have censorship?

what do you mean does it have censorship?
i dunno
maybe not let me post anything youtube doesnt like
like people talking about a thing
while also letting me post the unedited thing or something

Hello, first I'm sorry for my English, I'm not used to writing it and I have to use google. I am a rookie in fighting games and I knew SG as a joke in the sense of ... "look at this game there are beautiful girls" a couple of years later I decided to buy it and try it even though I'm not good at it. Now I have an arcade Stick and I have already found a perfect character for my "big Band" I love it because it does not have air sprints. Now I am in doubt that the second character I choose since almost all of them require aerial sprints. I'm burning with the game, I just learned the combos that the big band game offers you and I want to learn more and more.
A pleasure.
:BIG:

HEYA, EVERYONE
I'M RYNO
NOT SURE HOW MANY PEOPLE REMEMBER ME/STILL KNOW ME BUT I AM BACK AFTER AN EXTREMELY LONG HIATUS
NIIIICE TO MEET YOU~

So I figured I may as well re-introduce.

I was a big fan of SG back when it first released and was a backer for the indiegogo but never got serious about it. After DBFZ came out I've finally kinda taken to getting serious with Team fighters and want to get back in, even if the community is rather small at this point. so Hello!

Hey guys! my names undying I'm very new to fighting games with skullgirls being the first one I'm playing seriously. I would love a coach and some help with anything I use an Xbox 360 controller and am just starting to learn the very basics of comboing and things like that. Im at a very low level and would love some help i usually play on the west coast.

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
Hey guys! my names undying I'm very new to fighting games with skullgirls being the first one I'm playing seriously. I would love a coach and some help with anything I use an Xbox 360 controller and am just starting to learn the very basics of comboing and things like that. Im at a very low level and would love some help i usually play on the west coast.
Hi, undying!

We have many fighting game threads in this forum that can help you.

Good luck on your quest! Feel free to ask me stuff!

Behold the King, The King Of Kings.

In all seriousness, I might seem like a prick, and I might bury someone in a debate they obviously instigated, but I’m here because of my love for Skullgirls and the great community that’s behind it.

To sum up myself, I’m some Guy from New Jersey finally freed from the absolute hell that was high school at the time of this writing. In terms of what I plan to do for college, I plan on majoring in a dual degree in business and Chinese.

I’m on Steam, Xbox Live, Battle.net, and Discord. Check my profile for the former, PM me for the latter.

Not that keen on fighting games but I love me some Skullgirls (natch) Tekken, Soul Calibur.

I listen to too much late 90s/Y2K music.

I’m no anime junkie, but I particularly love Patlabor, Appleseed, and Mobile Suit Gundam.

I’m pretty big on Pro Wrestling too (as told by my name and profile pic) so Beowulf is my fav for the references he makes.

I have a lot more I’m interested in, and I’m a pretty creative guy in general. I’m up to chat whenever about whatev e.

Sup, I'm Shun. My Steam is Postal Dude and my XBL is wantsummadisfu. I am new to the community and I really wish I got into this WAAAYYY earlier. I've been a competitive player for Smash 4, Injustice 2 , and Mortal Kombat (9 and X) and I've had my fair share of experience with MVC2 and Tekken, but I obviously need catching up with this game. I hope to play casually and eventually git gud enough with the game to be competent online.

Reactions: Fumako and Haitch
yo so i ... basically lurked for 2 years & barely played the game, go figure. it happens that suddenly i'm super interested in the game again so hi y'all !! i'm diogo & i am bad at this game. eliza is great tho

Reactions: Fumako
Hi, I'm new and I'm learning. EUW player. I also wish I played earlier. I made a homemade stick using a japanese layout so I can learn DBFZ, then I saw skullgirls in the steam sale and why not :D

Hi, again.

I'm somewhere in this thread already but it's a long time ago. my name is Marjan and I'm currently a student living in Germany. I had something of a "videogame pause" the last year and I'm now getting back into the best medium of all again. Especially fighting games. After putting some work into SFV I was like:"Haven't played Skullgirls in a while. Let's try it out again." After a few hours and watching Combo Breaker 18 I'm back in love with it. I'm starting out with Beowulf, Cerebella and when I get them down I'll search for a third wheel.
I don't aspire to get particulary good, but I would love to become semi-competent this time.

My steam account is called "hannibambel".

Hope to fight you in the near future ^^

I'm a 20 year old NYC college student, and I'm a complete scrub at fighting games. I've only recently started taking them seriously, but I don't consider myself to be good at all to be honest. I wanted to pick up SG because I knew about it for years, but couldn't afford it. Getting to know other people at college who are into fighters made me want to get better at them myself. I've played other fighters, mainly Capcom arcade ones (Street Fighter Alpha 1/2, Pocket Fighter, MvC2), but the only ArcSys one I really care for is Under Night In Birth. I'm not really into Blazblue at the moment.

My Steam is SternumSteven, if anyone ever wants to fight against me, but I just got the game, so I'm definitely not ready unless you want an easy win.

Reactions: Fumako
Picked up the game a couple years ago on sale and got interested in learning fighters because they seem to get more & more popular each year, yet I don't stand a chance against anyone at local events (walked into a friendly once for the hell of it and got reset on infinitely while I held block and prayed). Got a fightstick for Christmas to make the button layout more smooth, now I just need to practice a ton to make my inputs precise and fast, I guess. Once I figure out how to get past the tutorial stage with mid-air Hairball into Gregor Samson, I'm sure I'll just hit the ground running and take off from there.

In short, scrub Canadian student planning on getting into fighting games, and definitely not opposed to having fun or making friends along the way (hopefully the competitive drive doesn't burn me out in the process!).

I'm not huge on anime, but have enjoyed Evangelion and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in the past. There is something very satisfying about the way anime fight scenes between people with superpowers play out in comparison to western media, so any recommendations are welcome.

Ask me about Pokemon, MOBAs, weird indie JRPGs, and weird/indie music. I'm also a big fan of memes (aren't we all?)