• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is j.MP, j.HP, j.HK character specific?

MankeyShank

FG Triceratops
Reaction score
Steam
MankeyShank
Big Band Parasoul Unknown
I've noticed that this attack chain that I see in a lot of Parasoul combos seems to be one of her most important chains. I've gone into the habit of using it because of this. However, while it does work on a huge majority of the characters, the two characters that this chain doesn't seem to work on are Big Band and Double. Does this chain not work on these two?

Not a Parasoul main but I have tried this combo:
iirc it works on both of them but the timing's tighter.

It works, but it uses up your OTG - so if you used that previously somewhere, they'll Blue Bounce (and thus can tech).

It'll also usually use up the OTG against Bella, Robo & Beowulf, but there it is less of a problem since if you pick up from an OTG you launch a bit higher, and that nudge is enough to not make it require the OTG anymore.
Meaning:
[cHP - jMP jHP jHK] - uses up OTG
[cHP - jLK jHP - cLK cHP - jMP jHP jHK] - still a valid combo, because while you use up the OTG in the first airstring, the bonus launch makes the jMPjHPjHK not need another

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster
i thought it only eats ot on heavies?

vs Heavies you can do jLP jMK jHK instead.

I usually opt for
cHP jLP jLK jMP \/ /\ jMK jHP/jHK.

Does the \/ /\ mean jump?

And by heavies do you mean heavy attacks or big characters?

\/ means land and /\ means jump
So you do jLK jLK jMP
Land
Jump
jMK jHP/jHK