• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is Squigly A Good Beginner Character

MasterKatz

Reaction score
PSN
Great_Ogrelord
Squigly Fukua
I recently started playing and I've always loved squiggly but now that I'm interested in competitive play i want to know if she is a character with a high skill ceiling or not (and if she isn't i would like some advice on playing her)

I'm pretty sure she has somewhat easy combos compared to other characters, so there is that. Stance canceling is important and knowing how to use her stance charged moves. SBO super, the orb with the music note, is pretty important for neutral and some combos
http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/a-complete-guide-and-introduction-to-squigly.8296/
There is this thread that may help you.
I would not say Squigly is a very hard character though I guess the stance stuff is a bit different than other characters.

Not really no.

Squigly is a good character, but you need to understand stance cancelling and charge management for her to be effective.

If you can do those two things and learn them to the point where they are second nature then she is fantastic.

If you struggle with those things (you will as a beginner), her effectiveness is decreased.

That being said I hear she is a good "wiefu" so if you like her by all means dive right in.

There's some decent guides for her out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
Thank you for the the guide and also squigly is a great waifu that's why i want to use her

IMO it's better to try and learn a character you like even if they're hard, than just play a character you don't like because someone told you they're more beginner-friendly.

IMO it's better to try and learn a character you like even if they're hard, than just play a character you don't like because someone told you they're more beginner-friendly.
You have a point and also nice grandad you got there

I personally recommend picking up an easier character to learn the basics but as long as you don't mind the struggle you can pick her up.