• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is there a way to see if you are dropping frames/having performence problems?

tehace

Reaction score
Filia Big Band
Recently I have been getting more serious about getting better at Skullgirls and I read about how the game drops frames if your computer is too slow making it difficult to make certain moves. I was curious to see if it was a performance problem that is making it a bit difficult to do certain moves so I tried using fraps to count the fps I was getting (pic related). It reads as a constant 30fps regardless of settings (resolution and 3d or 2d backgrounds) at all times including in game with any combination of team size and characters except for during the first loading screen and the loading screen after picking characters in multiplayer. I'm under the impression that for Skullgirls to work properly I should have it at 60 fps at all times. Is the 30fps normal in fraps? If not is there a way to better see if I am having problems with performance?
I have an AMD Phenom quad core, an nvidea 560 and 8 gigabytes of ram if that helps.

30fps.png

It is normal if you're going in between menus....this shouldn't be happening if you're in-game though. I have some garbage intel video/4gb ram/core i5 and it runs at 60 as long as I lower the resolution up the ass. I don't see why running the game at max would be a problem for you, but maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you with this problem.

I just happened to take a picture in the menu. The counter reads the same in the actual game.in game.png

Hmm I just did a clean reinstall of the drivers and that seems to have fixed everything. Im still curious if fraps is the proper way to check to make sure skullgirls is running well.