• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is there any way to get A-Train as an assist back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alstein

Reaction score
Like removing frames in other places? I really wanted to use that as an assist, felt it was really good for Peacock.

What would it take to get that assist back? (I'd remove another move if I had to)

Would shrinking him some more do the job?

Mod Edit:

Thread closed since A-Train assist came back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like removing frames in other places? I really wanted to use that as an assist, felt it was really good for Peacock.

What would it take to get that assist back? (I'd remove another move if I had to)

The problem isn't in Big Band's movepool, if I understand it.

The problem seems to be that A Train itself is too big for the Assist memory. If I understood correctly, the game has to keep all other character assists loaded while other characters are out. A Train is over twice as much memory/RAM as the next biggest Assist attack. I believe he said that A-Train is 5 MB and the next biggest one is like 2 or 2.5 MB of RAM.

It's a file size problem on the Assist end, not something you could fix by removing one of Big Band's special moves. Probably they need to see if they can compress it differently or else do something to the attack itself to make it smaller.

Forgive me if I mauled the explanation or got it wrong, though!

I'd be ok with Big Band getting shrunk again if that's the case, or making A-Train less animated.

Another idea would be making a new move that does the same deal but is less animated.

Yeah, maybe I"m whining a little- but this is kinda big, because I was coming to the conclusion that it might have ended up a perfect assist for Peacock. (I still want my Team Scrub)

Worst case - poll the community and see if they'd want a difference between PC and console (you could ban A-Train assist for tournies- it's not like I'd ever be good enough to win one).

Well on the bright side Brass Knuckles is still an amazing assist for Peacock, personally prefer it a bit more than A Train
On another note though, I'm wondering if they might change the command if it's not going to be an assist move.
Something like charge back P, then K to do A Train, to keep it in line with other followup moves that can't be used for assists.

Download more RAM

Wasn't it already impossible to make A Train as an assist, because you had to hold down punch to do so (not anymore of course)?

I don't think it's too much trouble. It already was impossible, why change it.

Nah, it was a given a special command to use it as an assist. You used both kick and punch to select it back then.

Mike said on IRC that he is looking into some options to be able to make it usable as an assist, so we'll see what he comes up with eventually.

The problem seems to be that A Train itself is too big for the Assist memory.
That being said, I believe I found the solution to this problem.
WBZPAyW.jpg

That being said, I believe I found the solution to this problem.
I shall call him... Mini-band!

Have Big Band's Arm coming out of a Peacock portal where afterwards, you see a cowbell ring twice and the portal closes. If the portal gets hit, big band appears as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.