• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Issues You Have With Youtube and Youtube Gaming

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Peacock Robo Fortune Double
No need to go into too much detail of it, but I'm just curious. What do you guys wish Youtube would fix thats been bothering you about the website for a long time? List ANYTHING and everything, interface, videos, playlists, ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE WEBSITE.

Youtube Gaming too, tell me what your gripes are about that!

QUICK RULES:
Speak your mind about anything, except ads... they aren't going away. They can't go away, its 2015, hold that.
Be nice, don't get really rude and vulgar I just genuinely want to hear what people have to say.

Nothing is too big or small to address, help me out guys :)

Reactions: gllt
I know I'm very negative about everything, but honestly I really dislike Youtube Gaming. Feels very unnecessary and I can't stand the layout so I'm just going to avoid it when I can. It just feels pointless.
I'm in love with dark-colored interfaces as it is easy on my eyes for extended periods of time, though, so that is one thing it has (and something I love about this forum).

I don't really understand, there is one time that i accessed some youtube video via youtube gaming, and i don't know how, but outside of that, i always on the normal youtube layout, i don't even know what youtube gaming is supposed to be.

i don't even know what youtube gaming is supposed to be.
To my knowledge, it serves two purposes IIRC; one, and most obviously IMO, to compete with Twitch with video game streaming. Two, to make it easier to find gaming content on Youtube.

Haven't tried YouTube gaming, tried to stream on YouTube itself once, requires you to jump through some hoops that you don't have to with twitch/hitbox.

At the same time, if those hoops were gone, everyone and their mom would probably be streaming on YouTube because it's YouTube and oh god managing that.
Keep the hoops, this is a terrible thing for me to say, but not a fan of the idea of 12 year olds with live youtube streams that don't even have to be about video gaming?
Reminder that YouTube has had streaming pre-YouTube 4 Gamerz and so I dunno the specific rules, but, it's youtube, so, why not stream a tutorial on hair dressing?
Or how bad ass you think you are in middleschool and how you're mad at your mom for taking your xbox one? Idk I'm scared. I want free for all streaming BUT IM SCARED MAN.
I DON'T LOOK AT YOUTUBE VIDEOS WHEN I CAN FOR A REASON. I DON'T WANNA KNOW HOW MOMS REACT TO MINECRAFT. I need to go read the ToS and see what hoops you have to jump through to ATTAIN youtube streaming, and I'm sure they were decent, yet, I wonder if they're that restrictive.. I honestly hope YouTube streaming is like 15+ at least or something. And/or keep the hoops as a gatekeeper.

tldr^ i dunno about everyone and their mom having live streaming capabilities on a very popular well known website (not the gaming part, and not for games)

Also, the last layout change in regards to YouTube usage for content creators (not playback, new player is nice after some tweaks)

I just LOVE having to click *circular icon of my avatar* > Popup > Creator Studio > My Videos/whatever/etc
I'm pretty sure that was like, one step shorter before, and didn't involve the ~Creator Studio~ which is still a pile of horse stuff to me.
If that thing is useful for other people, sweet, and it's not going away, and the streaming stuff they added is all built into it, but can we get some shortcuts?
I'd love a hotlist of links in that dropdown popup (popdown? dropup?). Maybe even on the creator studio button. Just a dropdown button on it's righthand side > My Videos, etc, ..., Customize

And that's mainly my gripes. I let ads run/disable adblock a lot for that site, I really do. And I love 60fps/720 and 60/1080 and that they let me have it on a lot of my SG videos because of the high motion content (though not all.. but matches is usually a 99% chance for yes whereas a quick combo, where it won't matter so much, is where you get a 'nah' sometimes.)

I like the short urls being built into youtu.be, I wish I could share to multimedia from the My Videos page as a bulk option (with limitations) or at least available on each video listing from a dropdown option, sometimes I honestly wanna knock 3-4 videos up on my twitter during the day to show off some tech, and I have to go to each video and either manually tweet the urls or go to their pages to share > twitter > edit the popup auto-made-tweet > send > close that video tab. That's enough steps for me to say 'the creator studio needs multimedia publishing capabilities that go beyond shoving the videos at my followers JUST on youtube.'

Add right click in the player > copy at this timestamp, would be godlike.
Also, I've never seen timestamps work with embed, would ALSO be godlike.

• Simplify getting to My Videos/things past the Creator Studio/User popup/dropdown menu combo stuff somehow. Even just taking the button out of that popup thing.
  • Reduce hoops needed to stream on regular YouTube but please don't make it so 12 year olds can stream whatever they want, whenever, on the most popular video site on the internet to ever exist, if possible. I'm scurred. Do what you gotta do.
  • Throw a little icon on my videos in the listings to show me offhand which are 60fps and which aren't.
  • Right click video > copy @ this timestamp.
  • Embed video with timestamp.
  • Faster ways to share videos on other sites (within reason) to twitter/tumblr/etc in bulk or even one by one, but without having to go to EACH video page to do so.
  • Give YouTube Mobile a music feature? That's being spoiled, but who wouldn't want to lock their phone while they jam on a YT playlist? And y'all throw music playlists at me like it ain't no thang. I guess that's pushing ads out and turning it into a music streaming service with questionably available licensed content and then things get HAIRY. On the other hand, I can't skip ads if my phone is locked between playing videos.. so I'd have to listen to them? (Or do what free spotify users do, and take my earbuds out for a second. Sorry, but it's true. I just pay for Spotify.)
Ok, tried to list-ify things and leave the wordy stuff in spoilers. Sorry kenin <3 I shoulda did the same in another thread of yours, except to the whole post. Mwah.

Reactions: keninblack