• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jan 11, 2014] STL BarWarz Presents MASS APPEAL MADNESS III (pot bonuses) (St. Louis, MO)

evilben

Patron Saint #1
Reaction score
Filia Cerebella
UPDATED!!!!

1531852_608591312512056_1484847143_n.jpg

Register here!!!
http://massappealmadness3.webs.com/

For the third year in a row now, we welcome the whole Midwest FGC back to the Gateway to the BEST as STL BarWarz proudly presents MASS APPEAL MADNESS III!!! We hope this kickoff to the 2014 FGC calendar year finds you well, and that you can find a way to get on down to the STL for a weekend jam-packed with fierce competition and good times for all, no matter what your level of experience is with the FGC! If you've attended or know someone who has attended either MAM, you'll know we've prided ourselves on putting on the best possible event we can do. So, we look forward to seeing you again, or for the first time! There's only about 10 weeks until it's show time, so be sure to RSVP today!

UPDATED!!!!!!!

Stream URLS -
www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz
www.twitch.tv/pjs_winning

MAM 3 Schedule
DAY ONE: Saturday, January 11th, 2014

***!!!Skullgirls has been moved to be completed all during day one due to the request from some of the participants, the finals will take place after the rest of the 1st day games are over, sorry for the late notice but us skullpeople are used to things not going as planed, right?!!!!!******

OPENING @ 11am - Registration & Casuals Begin
12 pm - 4 pm |
Stream 1 : Super Street Fighter 4 | Arcade Edition v. 2012 Brackets (Run Down to Top 8)
Stream 2 : Skullgirls / The King Of Fighters XIII (Both ran down to top 4)​

4 pm - 8 pm | Stream 1 : Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Brackets (Run Down to Top 8)
Stream 2 : Injustice / Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Both ran down to top 4)​

8 pm - Close | Featured Events/Exhibitions
*****SKULLGIRLS TOP4

Masters of Missouri: STL BarWarz v KC - Skullgirls - 4v4
STL BarWarz Vs. ???? - UMVC 3 5v5!!!
Anime Game Tournaments!!!
Divekick Side Tournament Finals!!!
Featured Money Matches/Challenge Matches!!!

DAY TWO: Sunday, January 12th, 2014

OPENING @ 12 Noon - Casuals/Networking
THE FINALS (beginning at 2 PM)
Skullgirls - Top 4 (will be starting as close to 2pm as possible) moved to end of day one.
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Top 4
The King of Fighters XIII - Top 4
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Top 4
Super Street Fighter 4 | Arcade Edition v. 2012 - Top 8
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Top 8

=======================================
-=UPDATES=-

POT BONUSES ANNOUNCED!

- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition : v.2012 [$300 Pot Bonus!]
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 [$300 Pot Bonus!]
- Tekken Tag Tournament II [$100 Pot Bonus!]
- Injustice : Gods Among Us [$100 Pot Bonus!]
- King of Fighters XIII [$100 Pot Bonus!]
- Skullgirls [$100 Pot Bonus!]

Also - All six of the main tournaments above will cost $10 to enter so the top finishers will walk away with a sizable chunk of change! So hit the training room and study up!

Be sure to continue to check here all throughout November and December for information updates and all sorts of little
surprises we have cooked up for all of you! It's #MASSAPPEAL season! GET HYPE!

https://www.facebook.com/events/499296816816697/

Last edited:
You haven't mentioned the KC vs STL Skullgirls 4v4. You're not getting cold feet are you?

Nah...we still in there

I've edited the title to simple say 'pot bonus', because not all of the $1k is for SG.

updated schedule!!! added registration page!!!

You haven't mentioned the KC vs STL Skullgirls 4v4. You're not getting cold feet are you?

its up there! we were still sorting out times and what not. with the schedule finalized its all in!

Oh I like that. Is day 2 gonna start with SkullGirls? Cuz we were supposed to be heading home Saturday night to avoid housing issues.

eh, not sure on the timing. but if you guys need places to sleep i have 3 couches.

Reactions: Dhoppler
WAIT WAIT.

WAIT.

SG finals are on day two, now? Were there enough registrants to warrant that, or something?

i dont know, i didnt have anything to do with the scheduling. if this causes problems for people we can probably get it moved back to all on saturday.

so, im going to make sure the day 2 part of SG will start as close to 2pm as possible. if this does not work for anyone who wants to attend PLEASE POST HERE and i will do my best to get it moved back to all on day 1.

thank you
the management

its up there! we were still sorting out times and what not. with the schedule finalized its all in!
Who is playing in the 4v4? Also do you know where this will be streamed? The schedule says Stream 1 and Stream 2 but I'm having trouble finding a URL.

the STL team looks like it will be me, legendary J, mestafa and prof lex. i am not sure about the KC team.
the streams are the stlbarwarz stream and pjswinning (i think)

the STL team looks like it will be me, legendary J, mestafa and prof lex. i am not sure about the KC team.
the streams are the stlbarwarz stream and pjswinning (i think)
Alright. Something I was thinking about as a way of hyping up/advertising the 4v4/tournament in general is you could have one person from each team play on Keninblack's Thursday night stream. If you're not already aware of it, @keninblack does a stream every Thursday where he gets various grudge matches and matchups that the community wants to see and has people play in first to 7 sets. He has a thread for it here, check it out if you're interested:

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/who-yall-like-thur-10pm-est.1038/

Reactions: evilben and Kai
tbh we in KC really want it to be one day.

@mcpeanuts

Kc's team is myself, Roblox, Ryden Onkars, and FuLLBLeeD (unless one of our newcomers takes a spot)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
okay, i'll talk with people and see if we can make it a one day deal.

so, the establishment said they can probably squeeze the rest of skullgirls in on stream 2 at the same time the stlv??? 5v5 in umvc3 is going on. if this is preferable to having it a two day deal we can make it work, but we might lose some viewership.
if we did that we would probably transition into the stl kv 4v4 after we finished the tournament.

okay, we are moving the top 4 for skullgirls to the end of day one. hope this makes things easier for everyone. sorry about the scheduling hop-scotch.

okay, we are moving the top 4 for skullgirls to the end of day one. hope this makes things easier for everyone. sorry about the scheduling hop-scotch.
So, the top 4 is now taking place after the KC/STL 4v4?

no, the top 4 will be first. it will start as soon as MvC3 to top 8 ends.

no, the top 4 will be first. it will start as soon as MvC3 to top 8 ends.
Ok, cool, I think I understand the flow of events, then. Thanks. I anticipate that I'll be there all day Saturday, now that we've got this all figured out.

Reactions: evilben
We are sooooo in there.

Im not even going but Im stoked for this.

Keep me updated on when its on stream!!! Tournament and 4v4

Yeah let us know when Skullgirls things are going to be on stream, I wanna see it :)

I hope to god that Slips is involved with the TTT2 commentary.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Those matches were pretty good. I hope there was a solid turnout.

Twitch.TV/stlbarwarz 4v4 going live now

Edit: actually we're playing on the other stream. Wrong capture card on stream 1.

Edit again : just keep both streams open. We have no idea which one it's going on. Happening after tekken.

Last edited:
Are there gonna be any recordings? When I went to the streams last night, it was just blank video

Are there gonna be any recordings? When I went to the streams last night, it was just blank video
We have the tourney recording archived on the twitch channel that it went out on, I believe, but it's behind a paywall :/

We're working on getting it freed up.

4v4 is recorded as well on evilben's computer. We learned a very important lesson about playing pokemon style instead of round robin in team exhibitions. But hey, at least I won the tournament...fuck that I'm still salty. We'll see your crew in KC sometime this year ben. One guy playing solid won't carry your team next time.

Back to pleasantries.

4v4 is recorded as well on evilben's computer. We learned a very important lesson about playing pokemon style instead of round robin in team exhibitions. But hey, at least I won the tournament...fuck that I'm still salty. We'll see your crew in KC sometime this year ben. One guy playing solid won't carry your team next time.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

unfortunately the 4v4 did not record correctly... so if you want to listen to the gameplay you are in luck because thats all we got of it...