• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jan 2, 2014] MAGFest (National Harbor, Maryland)

Outlaw_Spike

ROFLCOPTER
Reaction score
Steam
Outlaw_Spike
PSN
OutlawSpike
Valentine
Found out super late that I could go to MAGFest and then found out that there was no SG tournament. Well, couldn't let that stand, so now SG's kicking off the attendee ran tournaments at 4 PM on Thursday.

Don't think it's going to be anything big, but if you were looking for an excuse to go to MAGFest, maybe this is the push you need.

Outside of the tournament, I'll have my setup in the game room for at least part of the weekend, so even if you can't make the tournament, try to stop by.

Hope to see people there!

I won't be there for the tournament on Thursday (due to work) but I'll probably make it down to MAGFest on Friday and Saturday.

Only thursday afternoon? That's really early. I can't speak for others but I wouldn't even be getting there till about 7-8 on thursday.

Only thursday afternoon? That's really early. I can't speak for others but I wouldn't even be getting there till about 7-8 on thursday.

Yeah, I'm not super happy with the time, but it was the only slot available; so it was either that or no real SG tournament.

But hey, have to make sure to at least get some casuals in during the weekend.

Will there be casuals afterwards?

I actually may be able to make it by 5:15. Is that too late to enter the tournament?

Thanks for the great turnout everyone! So glad all you guys were able to make it, even though it was on Thursday. Sorry about the technical difficulties and little bit of confusion on my part with the brackets at the end.

Videos and shoutouts in a following post, but now just the top 5:

1. keninblack (P/D, PC/D)
2. Skiller (P/D/F)
3. Matt (kl aka trickstar101) (MF/V)
4. Boone Snavely (Totally forgot and didn't record. Anyone remember?)
4. Jeff W. (V)

And a shot of how poorly I made the bracket:

sjC0svB.jpg

Thanks again and hope everyone had as much fun with this as I did!

Last edited:
Thanks for running the tournament Outlaw, it was a lot of fun and it had a great atmosphere man! Goood vibes!

Thanks for running the tournament Outlaw, it was a lot of fun and it had a great atmosphere man! Goood vibes!

Glad you had a good time, man!

So, shoutouts:

@keninblack thanks for coming out and defending your crown. And once again, thanks for letting people use your stick. Really want to get more casuals in with you. @Broseidon Rex sorry for messing up your name, but I totally won't screw it up again. You came through pretty clearly in the match videos, so get ready for that. Had a great time hanging out and casualing it up. And thanks for the Salty Umbrella mask! Matt kl aka trickstar101 (sorry, don't know your handle on here), had a lot of fun doing all those matches, and I can't think of a better way to have ended MAGFest than on that level 5 revive, outside of me shutting it down, of course. Looking forward to playing you more. Also, wow did we prove that all 3 of us can't play Squiggly worth anything. @winnie and @Skiller didn't get to hang out with you guys much, but really happy you guys were able to make it out and help make the tournament pretty hype. Hope you two had a lot of fun as well. Sorry if i forgot anyone.

Hope we can do this again next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Match videos (hope it's not bad form to double post like this. Also hope you enjoy @Broseidon Rex 's voice, as well as mine)

Ran on a toaster at 640 x 480 and recorded on a phone. Are we poverty now? I think we might be poverty now.

@winnie v @Skiller round 3:

@keninblack v @Skiller round robin finals:

@keninblack v Matt kl aka trickstar101 round robin finals:

@Skiller v Matt kl aka trickstar101 round robin finals (improvised losers finals):

@keninblack v @Skiller grand finals:

Collusion, all of it.

Reactions: mcpeanuts