• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Japanese Online Tournament VODs - 3/28/2015

fenster

Stop Bugging me about Avatars ;_;
Reaction score
Steam
fensterSA
Parasoul
EDIT: Turns out they asked me to not share it publicly. If anyone is curious about the VODS, please PM me.

There was a Japanese Tournament Stream for Skullgirls on March 28th 2015 streamed on Nico. Since archiving the footage isn't common with these kinds of streams, I tried to record the stream as best as I could in short notice for people who wanted to see some of the Japanese play we normally don't get to see. 5 Parts in total. Unfortunately I didn't start at the beginning of the tournament but I got what we could get.

I apologize for the low bitrate and the general poverty recording, since it was short notice and Nico for some reason defaulted the stream to a low bitrate. Also I apologize for the occasional times where I bring up a different window since I was usually checking recording settings and didn't prepare a better layout in advance. I don't really apologize though for typing in the chat to root for takaX :P

I dunno if/when the japanese scene would upload these on their own, so these are Unlisted for the moment until I can get an answer from one of them about what they were going to do about archives, so for now I'll keep these here unlisted. If they put them up themselves (probably in better quality too) I'll take down my recording.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Here is a link to the challonge bracket for people who want to see the stats for what happened in the tournament - http://challonge.com/z3o35nl1

This was mostly SIG's stream. I think there was another stream from Baiken going concurrently with this one, but I didn't know about that other stream until the very end sadly.

Tagging people who I think wanted to see the footage: @Mike_Z @Domo @Negus Eyoel . Special Thanks to @BrandX+ for telling us about the tournament.

Last edited:
Okay, this time all the footage is uploaded. I won't spoil the victor but I will say Baiken does play the winner of the tournament near the end as a special bonus, so that's neat.

Reactions: Dime