• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jul 26, 2014] Team St1ckbug's Hollow Night (Brooklyn, NY)

DaiAndOh

Reaction score
Unknown
Because TSB's Unreal Black Things is...yeah...

4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Equipment needed: We NEED PS3s

PLEASE CHECK YOUR GAME FOR TIME, ELIMINATION RULES, AND ENTRY FEE

Finals are subject to change based on time.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
2 PM SHARP. CALL ME OR SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF YOU ARE LATE!
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches. 2/3 matches for finals.
Random 2v2 Waseda Style!
Player A on Team 1 will play Player A on Team 2, then Player B on Team 1 will play Player B on Team 2. If Team 1 won the first match and Team 2 won the second, Player A on Team 1 will play Player B on Team 2 to determine the winner.
$5 per player Double Elimination

Under Night In Birth EXE Late
3 PM
$5 Double Elim

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!
4 PM
$5 Double Elim

Skullgirls Encore
4:30 PM
$5 Double Elim

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R
5 PM
Random 2v2 Waseda Style!
Player A on Team 1 will play Player A on Team 2, then Player B on Team 1 will play Player B on Team 2. If Team 1 won the first match and Team 2 won the second, Player A on Team 1 will play Player B on Team 2 to determine the winner.
$5 per player Double Elimination

And for the love of god, and me, report your matches AS SOON AS THEY ARE FINISHED. This makes the tournament run faster and efficiently and makes me less frustrated.

Streaming: Catch the action on Arturo's stream. http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Side events are always welcome. Once things have died down, we can play anything!

We also have a facebook page. Check it out here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-St1ckbug-Tournaments/224577610899582

If you use facebook to keep track of the event, join this group. I WILL ONLY BE INVITING PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518216978271919/

So everyone, bring the hype, bring the skills, and God Bless the Ring!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethalmind
Hopefully I won't embarrass myself this time....aw who am I kidding I'm gonna get my ass kicked.

Just do what I do.

Show up to talk shit. And if you happen to do well, then it's double the win!

If anyone is coming from philly a ride would be awesome

Prepare to get REKT, bitches.

So dead from evo holy shit.

Gonna try my best though.

I can't come :'( Calling it now

character_big_111103.jpg

Kind of burned out after EVO, but I'll be here to hang out! Want to try out Uniel and get help with Arcana
Damn, maybe I can actually win? Gonna start practicing~

I really want to come to more of these, but I think I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Again. :(

I swear I'm having absolutely no luck with this.

Why charge $5 for UNIEL three days after the game came out? Should be $1 :P

King is burned out? Welp, time to usurp the NYC throne.

Reactions: dekillsage
Reminder that this is still a thing.

Will bring PS3 (that is STILL missing 2 DLC chars for BB, but should strangely have UNIEL?) and yadda yadda etc

Just have fun pls

Hey guys, does anyone who's going have an extra stick I can borrow for the event? I've got an Xbox/PC stick that I use so it wouldn't work too well with the PS3.

I'm sure someone can let you borrow their stick as most people coming play on stick anyways

Hi everyone. Schedule change:

UNIEL will be starting at 3 PM. AH3LM will be 4PM. Thank you for understanding.

Reactions: Lethalmind
I'm omw now stuck in the Holland tunnel.

Top four's getting going now.

Hey guys Dai said he would host another tournament for us on the 9th which will be skullgirls only, but I want to see if there's enough interest or if people had enough time to get money since I know some people spend a lot to go to these tournaments. Let me know and we can maybe skip a tournament for one month and have a session instead maybe? @Rizil @Killjoy @Serious_Eagle @RetroStation @Sol Neutralguy

Would new england want to come again so soon? @mcpeanuts @Natezer @Deer

I feel like I'm missing people

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I'd love to go again, especially if it was a Skullgirls specific event since there would be less waiting around and all. I'd just have to find out about transportation and stuff.

What do you guys feel about us not having an event in august so people can save up money to make the next tournament instead? I'd rather have all of you guys there than only a few people and a ton of people who couldn't make it.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I think moving it to sometime in september would be better for most of us yes? Can people save up for a monthly and guts 3 in that time?

To be more specific the monthly would be the weekend after guts 3

If it takes having a month off (which essentially wouldnt be much different with TSB happening yesterday), then that's what should be done. Plus some of us work, so giving them extra notice helps.

So like its either the weekend after guts 3 or the weekend after summer jam. Pls give me your crazy thoughts and that will be the next monthly