• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jun 21, 2014] Team St1ckbug's LOVE MAX!!! (Brooklyn, NY)

DaiAndOh

Reaction score
Unknown
4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Equipment needed: We NEED PS3s

PLEASE CHECK YOUR GAME FOR TIME, ELIMINATION RULES, AND ENTRY FEE

Finals are subject to change based on time.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
3 PM SHARP. CALL ME OR SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF YOU ARE LATE!
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches. 3/5 matches for finals.
$5 Double Elim

Skullgirls Encore
4 PM
$5 Double Elim

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!
5 PM
$5 Double Elim

Chaos Code
5:30 PM
$5 Double Elim
If New Sign of Catastrophe drops, we will use that version.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R
6 PM
$5 Double Elimination

And for the love of god, and me, report your matches AS SOON AS THEY ARE FINISHED. This makes the tournament run faster and efficiently and makes me less frustrated.

Streaming: Catch the action on Arturo's stream. http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Side events are always welcome. Once things have died down, we can play anything!

We also have a facebook page. Check it out here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-St1ckbug-Tournaments/224577610899582

If you use facebook to keep track of the event, join this group. I WILL ONLY BE INVITING PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518216978271919/

So everyone, bring the hype, bring the skills, and God Bless the Ring!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sydoh
As usual, I'm in there for SG and most definitely AH3:LM!!!!!

I kinda do want to enter +R too but not sure if I'm ready tbh.

As usual, I'm in there for SG and most definitely AH3:LM!!!!!

I kinda do want to enter +R too but not sure if I'm ready tbh.
I mean you weren't ready for Skullgirls and you still entered that. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I mean you weren't ready for Skullgirls and you still entered that. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Yooooooooooo

Was that a shot fired my man? Am I gonna have to get the gun?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I was wondering if a thread was made for this. Now I can sign up and I know the day. Can't wait for the 21st.
Just when I thought I was out THEY PULL ME BACK IN!

Let's go!
I just started watching the sopranos a week ago and this caught my eye hehe.

Reactions: dekillsage
This would be my first local tourney unfortunately...mannn i'm supposed to be at a bbq but the spot is conveniently only a couple a blocks away and i could probably go anyway. I only know how to play skullgirls on xbox controller though :'(

Reactions: Lethalmind
Nooope, let Sage do it.
I can be Sage's teaching assistant.

"when in doubt, always mash diamond dynamo. what can go wrong?"

It'll be great!
This would be my first local tourney unfortunately...mannn i'm supposed to be at a bbq but the spot is conveniently only a couple a blocks away and i could probably go anyway. I only know how to play skullgirls on xbox controller though :'(
People usually bring converters. If mine works you can use it for your matches.

In addition, if I get approval from the players, I don't mind using PC version (they are identical, right?). I just don't want people to play a match, complain to me about lag, then we gotta wait and do it over again on the other console.

PC version is different from console, because on a good set up it runs it better and changes timings on things from my experience.
I have a converter, but analog stick inputs up forward, upback, downback and downforward don't work like they're supposed too. If you can play dpad or adjust to jumping with dpad and doing inputs with analog if you play analog I can lend it to you np.

I've been a bit sad @MyLifeIsAnRPG hasn't made any yet, but I imagine he's been busy with work. And I know he is as a type this :P.

I can't make it in NC. if something go do next month I will try

bumping this thread so good because I have nothing else to do

currently on a plane back home. Will be back in a few hours I'll hit you up to practice!

Why not just netplay from the plane ?

they want to charge me 9 dollars laughing my FUCKING ass off if they thought I would pay that

Yea thats a big giant NOPE FUCK YOU to that, gtfo 9 bucks.

is there anyway i could achieve elitist level in 3 days so i don't get bopped?

learn your characters best combos, learn how to confirm, learn some resets and burst baits. Check out the character forums for information and ask questions

Reactions: Kstacks
learn your characters best combos, learn how to confirm, learn some resets and burst baits. Check out the character forums for information and ask questions

bet, time to take advantage of these forums and hit the lab heavy

is anyone going to this tournament coming from Philly. I play skullgirls and am looking for a ride(will help pay for gas).

is anyone going to this tournament coming from Philly. I play skullgirls and am looking for a ride(will help pay for gas).

I know people from philly are coming for arcana heart, but I don't know who those players are :(

is there anyway i could achieve elitist level in 3 days so i don't get bopped?
I've been playing fighters for over fifteen years and if I've learned anything it's that the bopping is inevitable no matter how long you play. Still not a good reason not to come, though. It's a fun experience.

Ok so just to let everyone know I haven't been playing for a good month so I completely screwed myself. I just hooked up my ps3 today after 6 or so weeks due to me moving to a new place plus work and other games just distracting me. I'm gonna get badly wrecked Saturday so don't expect much from me.

Man I REALLY gotta stop being lazy, get off my ass and start doing some SG work!

Really hoping for the day off. I need to wreck bitches with my rusty skills!

If you learned anything from work though it would be how to play Karnov ;)

Anyway:

Important announcement: We will be running approximately one hour behind schedule. Thank you for understanding.

Just got the word from work. GUESS WHO'S OFF!?

Heading out now, be there in a few, hopefully the holland tunnel will be kind to me this time.