• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jun 27, 2015] Norcal Battle Opera #5: "Me Mod" Edition ft. ShadeMoneh (San Carlos, CA)

GrunkleBarlowe

Formerly Dolfy
Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Squigly Double
List of Confirmed Attendees for this event:
Dolfinh
Beamsprouts
Biz Casual
Bit Strife
FastTurtle
GCYoshi
Some Person
Negus (anim)Eyoel
Fosh
Cheerio
Spookyman

List of Maybes for this event:
Mexico Juice
WingZero
Cybik
Squash

Facebook Event (Trying to figure out how to make this not private)
NorCal SG Rankings Here
NorCal Skullgirls Facebook Group

Gamecenter Monthly: Part 5. We're hoping to have a few special guests this month; @Fosh & @Negus Eyoel from CenCal, and @WingZero from SoCal. As long as all the hosting arrangements work out, we should be okay.

SCHEDULE:
Place opens at 6pm
7:30pm start the tournament

ENTRY FEE STUFF:
There is a $5 Venue fee on this night.

Depending on what the attendees think, I would like to have an entry fee this month since we have a lot of outside players coming this time.

JK WE ARE TOO POVERTY FOR THATLOL

RULES:
PS3 Version of Skullgirls~
2/3 up to all finals, which are 3/5
Double Elimination
Round Robin if less than 7 entrants
All Characters and Stages allowed
Winner is locked into their characters and assists, but are allowed to change team order

AS ALWAYS PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW:

If you've never been to Gamecenter before, please read the following:

FAQ. Newcomers MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS. Everyone who comes is responsible for knowing the information posted in this comment:
0) What's the address for this place and what are the policies?
Read the first post in this thread:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7021

1) Is anyone going to be there XX day/time?
https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...p.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

2) When's CaliBurst?
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...aining-room-gg-bb-etc-san-carlos-ca/?p=826442

3) When's Dogfight?
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...norcal-dogfight-ggacexvsapcvs2-san-carlos-ca/

4) Where's all the money going?

5) Where's the trash can?
Out the back door, there are 3 bins (for bottles, cans, and other garbage respectively). There's also a small bucket for emptying all liquids into. Please empty your drinks into there before throwing away your cups. Please leave empty glass bottles on the top of the freezer/fridge.

6) Can I bring my friends here?
Sure, so long as they read and agree to this first. You are responsible for anyone you bring over.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for this, we're actually sharing the venue with smash due to a miscommunication between me and myung. It shouldn't be too crowded for us to have adequate space (especially since we have the cabinet setups all to ourselves) but something to keep in mind if attending this month.

Still working on housing situation for our guest players. Wing & Fosh will be staying with Beamsprouts for sure if he goes. I'm looking to see if I can host Neggles. Worst case scenario they all bunk with beamsprouts.

Also working on getting Apologyman & GcYoshi to come this month since they are both interested in checking out the game again. Stay tuned!

@fastturtle @Jayford @Biz Casual you guys better not dip this month :v

Reactions: fastturtle and Fosh
Just to give an update.
List of Confirmed Attendees for this event:
Dolfinh
Beamsprouts
Biz Casual
Bit Strife
FastTurtle
GCYoshi
Some Person
Negus (anim)Eyoel
Fosh
Cheerio
MikeLoafers

List of Maybes for this event:
Mexico Juice
WingZero
Cybik
Squash

Last edited:
Gonna pass on MMing because I am absolute poverty going into the SGDQ/EVO month. You vs Some Person would be interesting, and I think pretty even in skill level. I bet @fastturtle vs you would also be pretty close!

fite me
e9ee4b4910.gif

PUT 'EM UP

$20 FT10 or something sound good?
I'll put down $50 just for money matches if anyone else wants to get in.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Just so you guys have the gameplan:

We're meeting at Cafe Lattea around 4:30pmish and we'll chill there until beamsprouts is off work. We'll aim to be at gamecenter around 7pm at the absolute latest.

We will need at least two cars.

Why stop at two cars when we could have twenty

(I'm driving up anyways, so yeah)

It's my turn to make some money off Negus since I heard he made a nice piece off change of betting on me at Combo Breaker. $1 side bet hype.

I am now confirmed for smash.

gotta take the jank mobile but i can make it.

Last edited:
By the way @Dolfinh do you guys still need another car to get over to gamecenter? i was kind of debating offering because mines not exactly a comfortable ride but it can get you there. btw i have to leave my house around 2:30 to keep from being too late getting to the cafe.

Ill just go straight to game center. should have posted this last night, sorry.

Last edited:
Streamed? I miss seeing Negus's face.
No stream or recordings, it was so crowded from the Smash community also being there at the same time that we only had one setup out back that only output right channel audio to both speakers.

Still had a lot of fun though! I'll try to be back in August.

[e] The money matches between me and @Some Person and between @WingZero and @Beamsprouts were recorded though afaik

Last edited:
dont know if there would be room for a ps4 setup but i can bring one next time.