• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Keninblack's Parasoul Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Peacock Robo Fortune Double
Table of Contents:
1. Parasoul Overview
2. Normals/Specials/Supers
3. Team Synergy
4. Combos
5. Offense/Defense
6. Match-Ups

Chapter 1: Parasoul Overview

Parasoul is a versatile, and strong character that is able to a wide array of things in this silly ass game called Skullgirls. This guide is for the people that are trying to grasp the character, learn the character, or explore the character outside of just being an assist. I hope it gives beginning players a good resource to read, and to the seasoned and strong players. Hey, maybe you'll learn something :D
Lets start out by listing the pro's and con's of this Umbrella wielding, donk-having shawty.

Pros:
+Great array of special moves.
+Useful normals and buttons that can give her an edge in the neutral game.
+Versatile and decent damage supers.
+Has arguably the best 50/50 mixup's in the game.
+One of the very few characters that can efficiently zone.
+Napalm Pillar...
+She's probably freaky as FUCK in the sack.

Cons:
-Not the best mobility, no double jump, no airdash.
-While strong, Napalm Pillar is a move that forces you to be crouching, in a game where a lot of characters have instant overheads. Soooo thats annoying, its also not that fast in terms of start up. Causing it to be very easy to bait, so don't go using this junk willy nilly.
-Decent enough damage, but considered more of a reset/bait character. Telling you right now, if you're looking for Painwheel and Cerebella type of damage you came to the wrong place.
-Obvious con that applies to most if not all size 2-3 teams, but if Parasoul is left by herself its obviously going to be tougher to get anything going than if you had an assist to accompany you.
-LK Soldier (Roman Cancel) might be the most useless assist in the game, obviously this is pointless, but its just funny to me.

Chapter 2: Normals/Specials/Supers
Jumping into this, this guide is made for a player with basic understanding of basic fighting game notations. If you don't have an understanding on basic fighting game notations feel free to shoot a PM and I'll answer any question you have. Or google a guide or something.

Normals:

S.LP- Your basic light punch/jab. It has decent range, comes out fast enough, and is your go to starter for any and all combos (cept C.LK). Also a move that can be linked into after a Napalm Shot. Double tapping S.LP causes 2 to come out in succession. (Check Special Moves)
S.MP- This move is a solid move for combos, as it chains from any light move, and ignites Napalm Shot's or Tosses when the S.MP physically touches one. Outside of that not much use as a poking move.
S.HP-A solid move, can be tapped twice to get a 2nd one to come out and the 2nd one will combo. Can connect into most of her specials, it also has a quirky hitbox upward so it can be used as a viable anti air. Should be the last move in a normal chain most of the time. This move, similar to S.MP. Will ignite Napalm Shots and Tosses.

S.LK-Fast little kick, similar to S.HP, double tapping will cause a 2nd S.LK to come out. It comes out fairly fast and can be a start for chains and combos.
S.MK-A slow knee to the mouth. Double tapping will extend parasoul's leg to an upward kick. Outside of combos it's not incredibly useful.
S.HK- A a slow, strong kick that causes a wall bounce. Used for combos, not a strong neutral game tool.
-----
C.LP-A fast, small ranged jab. Due to its range, I don't recommend it as a way to start a string. Used in the middle of tear links and can be a fast move to punish an up-close mistake.
C.MP-Good move to setup corner pressure and has niche in certain combos, has range to so you can call an assist, use this move and keep pressure on. It ignites Napalm Shot's N' Tosses
C.HP-This is her launcher, it's a pretty solid one I suppose but nothing crazy about it. Just sends them up in the air and you can do an air combo. Basic stuff. It ignites Napalm Shots N' Tosses.

C.LK-Reaaaally good crouch light kick. Comes out pretty quick, good range, and gives you a pretty easy time to confirm to go into a combo or not. This and S.LP are my personal favorite for starting ground chains. Also a great move to incorporate in her high/low game, which will be covered later.
C.MK-Also a strong move, can be used in combos, can sometimes be used as a poke. I personally like using it as a meaty or a frame trap in a block string. If someone is blocking a light move, and they're blocking high, I immediately chain into this. It keeps them on their toes, this will get a hit more than you would think. ESPECIALLY after her beautiful F.LP overhead which I will go over.
C.HK-Similar to C.MP, in how I don't really apply this move all that much so I don't have much to say about it. It's her sweep, the opponent is knocked down if you hit them with this. I just don't use it much. I'm sure their's a dope combo using it or something though.
-----
J.LP- This move is very important, very fast jump jab move that can be chained into stronger moves. Jump up and instantly throw this out and than do J.HP. WOAH, look at that pressure dog! If they block you come down and do a mixup. If you hit them, the J.HP will cause a purple knockdown (hard knockdown) and thats a free combo my dude. This move also beats air throws, if timed correctly of course. Very strong move.
J.MP- This move is awkward. I like it against Painwheel's or people that jump above you and just just poke em with this. Since the hurtbox kinda goes above her I guess. Its a very... situational normal.
J.HP- PAINT BRUSH. This move is really good, basic footsies with Parasoul is hitting fools with this. It causes a lot of hitstun so it pretty much lets you combo it after any arc of your jump if you time it correctly. Covers up a lot of range. It's just... good. Her go to "jump in" for sure. In terms of just abuse. Read J.LP to know how to get that hard knockdown nastiness though.

J.LK- I treat this move like... if J.LP and J.MP had a baby this is the move. It hits kinda at a 90 degree or kinda upward arc. So if someone is above you in the air giving you the business, hit them with this and go into J.HP and you get the same effect. I just prefer J.LP in most situations though.
J.MK- Good for combos and restand combos, but I don't feel it that much in terms of a lone move. If you hold the MK button Parasoul will float in the air and letting it go will make her fall. (Good look Konkrete I forgot.)
J.HK- I looove this move. Has very small hitstun but it's just right for you to do some silly mixup's with it. Covers a lot of space below it, and with an assist you can do some disgusting instant overhead stuff with it. (O baby you know I'll cover that later.)

Command Normals:

F.LP (Pistol Whip or her Light Overhead)- O nelly, you know that song that comes on the radio, or shuffle on your iPod and you get hype as hell. Yo thiiis my song. This baby is an overhead, which mean's they HAVE to block it high, and boy is it fast. Since it's light that means you can chain into stronger normals, so on hit you can go into a combo, on block you can go into pressure strings. This bad boy should be the bane of your training buddy's existence. KiB TIP: chain into C.MK right after this move. No go on ahead, seriously. An instant low after a high move can catch people off guard. More than you think it does, just make that the only button you press after a F.LP. It will keep them on there toes and even if they know its coming making them do something you want to do, regardless of how small. Is key. Now it has some start up, it's no instant overhead, but don't worry. The guide will go over set ups to show you how to connect into this, this move is VERY, VERY important on becoming a strong Parasoul player. Learn it, love it, LIVE IT.

F.MP (Coule or her high low)- This move is also a BEAST. A BEAST I TELL YA. This move requires Parasoul to be standing, however, while it looks like a move that the opponent has to block high, it is indeed a low move. That's right, a standing low, welcome home Tekken players. This can go right into S.HPx2 like a cozy pair of socks. After a certain setup, and knowing your opponent. You will put them into a situation like this... "Okay, what will he do? Will he use F.LP? F.MP? Throw? Instant J.HK with assist? Roman Cancel Low? GAWD DAMMIT I'M SCARED!" and thats when you know, that you're playing Parasoul my friend.

F.HP (Lunge)- If I had to compare this move to anything. Dudley's F.HP would be the first to come to mind. This move can be very solid, you can put it in niche combos of course, but as a neutral game move it's pretty solid as well. It's one big con is that the hitbox isn't all that lenient, to my knowledge its safe on block, and a majority of players will probably advance guard (pushblock) it anyway. Another thing is that you can't really combo anything after it except a super (correct me please). So I would recommend throwing out an assist that can add coverage with this move. Making it more scary as a spacing tool, and hell, depending on the assist I'm sure you could maybe hit them after. Also its quite the mcnasty mcfresh at getting that last hit needed to kill a character off a weird conversion that you couldn't reach. Don't go for the OTG C.LK or whatever on the conversion if it won't reach, if all you need is one hit, just pop this silly motherfucker out and watch people awww at how you flex with this move nobody uses.

B.HK (Bounce overhead or Forbearance)- O dis bumps, Parasoul does a stanky leg across the top of the poor opponents head and causes a ground bounce. This is incredibly easy to combo after, otg or not… is safe as long as you have the ability to egret call, and can be chained from light and medium moves. It's pretty speedy too, so you can catch a lot of people off guard with it. Very very strong move thats very much needed in the Parasoul arsenal. You'll learn as time goes on when you should be doing F.LP and when you should be using this, later in the guide I'll go over some helpful setups for this delightful baby to hit don't worry. Just know that its part of the trifecta of Parasoul normals.

(In Air Only) B.LK (Spiral Flare or a KoF players best friend)- This is a very solid move if used correctly. It's one of those tricky... auto crossup moves? Where you'll do B.LK, and instead of the move going forward in your direction like a normal move, it will go the exact opposite way. So the key of this move is simple. Jump OVER the opponent, do B.LK when you're on the opposite side of them, and bam. You have a crossup! Congrats I'm so proud of you! If you do it low enough to the ground you can combo after it... obviously. So yeah. Call an assist, super jump over and do this is a cute way to open someone up. It's definitely a move to add to your arsenal in terms of silly mix-up tricks, every Parasoul player has a fun and inventive way to go into this move. So happy experimenting!!

(In Air Only) D.MK (Authority or Chun Li's D.MK)- This move's cool, but it's one of those moves that you can apply to your game or not. I don't really use it, but I know other Parasoul's that love using it in some situations. It's a good way to apply pressure in the corner a long with an assist. It bounces you to the other side as well. So this move, into B.LK. That'll usually work, so that's dope. But yeah, it's a solid move, but nothing amazing.

Specials:

Working on it my beautifuls, be patient with me nuh.

Supers:

*The following damage for the 3 supers is in a solo v solo team setting.

QCF.PP... Silent Scope (or Sniper) [1 Meter, 1500 Damage]
Parasoul calls in a soldier and that soldier snipes the opponent off screen. The scope will shoot at wherever the initial spot of the opponent was during the activation. The shot leaves the opponent in a "get on your knees" crumple-like state. Letting you combo after, if IPS allows. Overall this is a pretty good super, it can be used by itself in certain match-ups to cause some harm. As a combo move it is also really good. The crumple state usually leads to a free launch and a reset. The damage isn't that great but it can be useful.
-----

QCF.KK... Motor Brigade (or HSF, or Motorcycles.) [1 Meter, 2016 Damage]
Parasoul points her fingers and 6 soldier's riding motorcycle's come out and ram the opponent. Has pretty good durability, does decent damage, it's just hard to combo after. After the move it can give you a purple knockdown causing you to combo after, but from my experience its character specific. I pretty much use this after a reversal Napalm Pillar. Go into this, and dhc. People think its safe but in some cases it's really not. Unless they're coming right at you, you can just jump over all 6 and get a free J.whatever on the Parasoul, and keep going for some sexual damage. It's good, but not nearly as versatile and easy to use as Silent Scope.
-----

QCB.PP... Inferno Brigade (or her LV3... OR HER BBHOOD SWAY) [3 Meters, 3668 Damage]
Parasoul unleashes hell, folds out her umbrella, gets 4 other soldier's out and they just shoot up the place. All hits are horizontal, and its a total of 62 hits. The damage is good, and in terms of combos it works like Silent Scope. Seriously, every combo you do right now that ends in Silent Scope... just go into this and it'll work. It's good in a couple of ways, easy to combo, and good damage. If you can kill a character or win a match by going into this. Than by all means go ham. Than in terms of a lone Parasoul with 3 meters, find a good opening, activate, Egret Call. BAM Now you're moving around while your 4 broski's are going ham. This pretty much makes your opponent have to completely guess on what your mixup will be. High or low. If you happen to hit, you can go into a combo after if you roman cancel. Very strong move.

Well thats her repertoire of normals, specials, and supers. I hope you find this useful. Once the guide is all said and done this chapter will get significantly polished...

Now onto chapter 3. We know... what makes Parasoul good and bad, what all of her moves do, now we need to figure out where to put her on our team! Lets begin :D

Last edited:
Chapter 3: Team Synergy

Solo Parasoul:
In terms of the solos, I like to put her in the middle of use. She's not as amazing and as scary as the likes of Painwheel, Fortune, or Cerebella, but she's not awful like Peacock or Valentine. She can hold her own with her array of projectiles, her Napalm Pillar as a good DP, her LV 3 as a great move to use since she builds meter so quickly in size 1, and her great mixups. However... her great mixups by herself, could be turned into amazing if you add a lockdown assist, and also an assist to cover her neutral/fireball game helps too. She also has a great array of assists on her own, making you kinda hinder her use as a team player. The worst con's of all is her lack of damage without reset's, how she doesn't really need meter besides LV3, and probably the worst of them, her lack of mobility in the air. Size 1 Parasoul can be done, I just think it is crippling towards the character.

Point Parasoul (With Assists):
O baby now THIS, this right here is my territory, I personally think this is her best position if played correctly. Because for starters, she is a reset, high-low based character, so you adding a lockdown assist just covers her options and makes the guessing game even stronger. Plus, reset's do great damage if you keep making right guesses, and you barely have to use your meter. This makes your incoming character usually have a healthy amount of meter to use when incoming, or DHCing, etc. Her sniper super makes it really easy to DHC into whomever you'd like since it causes a crumple/get on yo knees girl kinda state. Plus, you start matches pretty close to the opponent, so you can already be at an advantage with an assist. Just jump in, or go in, and start the pressure right out of the gate!

Assist/Anchor Parasoul:
I prefer Point Parasoul, but truuuust me, this more than works. For starters... lets just go over her popular assists of choice...

Napalm Pillar- An invincible DP assist that gives you a green knockdown, for what it does, its arguably the best at it. Gives you breathing room, and an OTG combo after. VERY, VERY good for some characters.

Napalm Shot (LP)- One of the very few useful horizontal assists. It can make for some great pressure strings, plus, the tear is harder to make disappear. Since Parasoul leaves while the tear is still out, causing the opponent to be FORCED to get hit, block, evade it. Very strong assist.

Napalm Shot (MP)- Same reasons as above, but also makes for greater air coverage than ground. Also a strong assist.

So she's very versatile in what assist you can use, covering all options for the other 7 characters. So her assists are definitely perks to having her play anchor, another perk is that if you build meter for her she'll be able to do LV3 in combos... or just throw out a LV 3, roman cancel, free mix-up, which is super swell. Also like we stated, she's not amazing, but can still be something to worry about by herself.

Now the issue's... she doesn't really capitalize from having a lot of meter like some other characters do. If you have a battery as the first character, and Parasoul is coming in, other than LV3 none of her other supers are that overwhelmingly amazing. So yeah, low come back factor, nothing like Double, Fillia, or Cerebella, and like every character, her without an assist is never a good look.

I prefer to have her on point, have her DHC into another character later on to switch the momentum of the match, so now you have *said char* with a Parasoul assist and than you can switch it back or something. This or Parasoul running train with a lockdown assist are the 2 most optimal styles on how to play Parasoul, in my gucci-waistband opinion.

Now... lets go character by character, eHarmony style, and see which characters work with my main boo.

Character by Character:

Note: All these teams imply a size 2 setting. Meaning (?/Para) or (Para/?), going to a size team would require your own judgement on if that 3rd character, meshes well with the other character, as well as Parasoul. However, after we go over every character i'll go over strong size 3 teams, now that you have an idea of how Parasoul works with every character in a size 2 setting.

Cerebella:
Cerebella's Position on Team: Anchor, but both work.

Optimal Assists to Help Parasoul:
Cerecopter (SRK.HP)
Lock N' Load (QCF.HP)
Battle Butt (Charge back, charge forward... HK) (?)

Parasoul's Optimal Assists:
Napalm Pillar

Basic Idea with Cerebella's Assists: The 3 assists above all offer pretty scary scenarios that you can put your opponent in, all 3 offer something new to the table as well, and all 3 are fun as all hell.

Cerecopter- This is the go to if you're in for the lockdown, if you're in for the hard blocks, if yooooou're in it to make the opponent sob S A D B O Y tears. Basically, you end a blockstring by calling copter... and now they must guess what the hell you'll do next when copter blockstun is over. Sounds fun right? 15 bucks.

Lock N Load- This gives you a decent lockdown assist to work with as well, although obviously not even close to being as effective as copter... but! With the armor the move has, it is a really strong useful tool, and is an AMAZING assist for incoming setups. Basically, if you feel like you have a good lockdown assist on the team already, or if you feel that your neutral is more important. Pick LNL, you'll be satisfied, plus its really satisfying to have someone combo you only to get socked straight in the jaw by a hat.

Battle Butt- This assist is the weird one, but it can be very useful. I feel like this is the assist of choice for more zoning and footsie oriented Parasoul players. If you don't like going hard in the paint (flocka) too much, and you just like chilling with tosses and tears, this assist can help. When they get hit by this, unlike LNL where they stay up, this causes a far knockdown kinda thing which is cool. It's also a really fun assist in general, feel free to check it out.

Basic Idea with Napalm Pillar: It's a DP bro, just call that jaunt. You can use Napalm Shots to have some fun if you want but honestly for Bella picking Pillar is the way to go. It gives you just the right amount of blockstun to play with command grab setups, C.LK, etc. and overall its just a good-ass DP.

Basic Idea with the Team: Play strong neutral and or barrage them with constant lockdown and resets thanks to Cerebella's assists. You get the resets, get the damage, and DHC into Dynamo if you have to so you can get that extra HOT DAMN. Than if Parasoul gets snuffed early you're straight because Bella has the ROCK (LV3) and thats always fun. Than if you switch the order, Bella+DP mm girl thats just nasty. Safe DHC with Parasoul bikes and you gotta fun time. Cerebella is definitely one of the better teammates for Parasoul in terms of assists and what she brings to the table for the bae, so be sure to try her out.

Double:
Double's Position on Team: Anchor

Hornet Bomber (SRK.LK) (Best Option)
Hornet Bomber (SRK.MK)

Napalm Pillar

Basic Idea with Doubles Assists: Neutral and lockdown wrapped into one, its THE DONK. Parasoul can make use over 2 versions of the donk, but LK is usually the most preferred let me explain why.

LK Hornet Bomber-Out of all the bombers, this has the most invincible frames, giving you basically a horizontal DP. Plus, it gives you 3 hits worth of blockstun to play with for that super sexy lockdown baaaaby. Also, a lot of people assume that with its subpar range, its bad for neutral. Welp, Parasoul has buttons that are already really super duper in the neutral, so all you need is an extra footsie tool (LK butt) to abuse and convert off of. Also, with Parasoul's lackluster mobility, converting off of LK bomber is infinitely easier than MK bomber. Overall, unless you have a character that is in DIRE need of MK bomber (Val), or if you want to be more zoning oriented, just use LK bomber. LK bomber is the PERFECT assist for going in and doing crazy nasty mixups that would make your mama have to call you in time for supper.

MK Hornet Bomber-Now nothing wrong with MK bomber though its also strong, it has some invincibility, but less than LK. It has more horizontal range, but the donk flies up a lil more vertically, so some characters can crouch in between the bomber in some situations. Basically, if you're more of a zoning/footsie oriented Parasoul, go to this. It helps in neutral, and gives you time to fire off tears/tosses/etc.

TL;DR
Rushdown Parasoul that likes to lay it down? LK Bomber

Zoning or have someone on your team that neeeds it? MK Bomber

Basic Idea with Napalm Pillar: Double with a DP, its reaally effective. Early J.HP's, call pillar before it. Stuff them in the air, land and convert. It gives you way more room to work with in terms of air conversions with Doubles great jump buttons. You also get simple mixups like call pillar, command dash, pow cross up Pillar, Mike would be proud. Helps Doubles defense too, or lack thereof. So yeah man its just silly and sweet and passionate. Definitely the go-to assist for dubs.

Basic Idea with the Team: Parasoul does a whole bunch of mixups and does her thing and saves a whooole bunch of beautiful meters. Now you have 2 options, safe dhcs on both sides of the spectrum and have Double with Pillar, or you just rock Parasoul, if she gets bopped it sucks, but hey Double has like 3-4 meters so you're good. Double is easily Parasouls best partner in this game and its borderline REQUIRED to run Double on your team in terms of making Parasoul as optimal as possible. The synergy and dynamic of the both of them is frightening, and I know what you're thinking... "DAT BIAS" but hear me out. Severin? Doubles there. Pali? Doubles there. Jailhouse? Doubles there. Some white kid from Virginia with way too much free time? Doubles there. You see the pattern? Pow.

Filia:
Filias Position on Team: Both completely work, but I would put Parasoul on point just because Filia is a little bit better in terms of anchor position.

Updo (SRK.HP)
Hairball (QCB.HK)

Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Basic Idea with Filias Assists:

Updo- Up DOOOO everything for you, ya feel me? This assist is super peachy keen for Parasoul. Its a DP assist that helps your already strong air game, and gives you a reversal/defensive option. It's not much, but it gives you some type of blockstun to lay down some pressure if that is a thing you're into. Not much to say, but its just... yeah... you should probably use it if you pick Filia.

Hairball- This assist is really fun, and gives you amazing lockdown to work with in the corner. It also forcefully pushes the opponent away midscreen, making it a good zoning tool. The only problem is... its not updo, it has no invincibility so it can get dunked on by everything if the other guy makes a good read. That said if you work a team around it you can make it work, but overall Updo provides better coverage and options for the team.

Basic Idea with Parasouls Assists:

Napalm Pillar- Filia with Pillar is pretty dang silly. It gives Filia a DP assist to work with and its a damn good one. It really helps air conversions similar to Double, its overall just really good and probably the best assist option for Filia. If you can tell by now, invincible DP assists kinda run this game. With the game only having 3 true ones, you'll run into Pillar/Updo/LK Bomber a lot. Why? Because day duh bes.

Napalm Shot- Another really fun assist, that gives you 2 different phases of lockdown. So Parasoul tosses the tear right, thats one block. Filia does shenanigans the usual stuff, than the tear ignites and blows up. Thats another, but it happens a couple seconds later. Its like a... mixup sandwich. You call the assist, mixup between it, have them block the explosion and mixup again. It can lead to really fun and nasty setups. The only problem is that it won't help you as much in neutral as Pillar would. However, its honestly a toss up in this case. Depending on your team order, if you already have Updo running on Filia, you could experiment with Napalm Shot. Fun times!

Basic Idea with the Team: The Parasoul/Filia shell can be kinda bare bones, but very effective. You just do your thang with Parasoul, rushing down or zoning and playing footises with a useful DP or hairball assist. Ending a combo with sniper shot and DHC into Filias SRK super can do a looot of damage, and in terms of reversal options you got great stuff too. Napalm Pillar xx Bikes and DHC into Gregor is great, you get a good combo with Filia after it too if undizzy permits. Than Filia can keep pressure going with the help of Parasoul assists and just do the thang that Filia does. Be sure to try and make it so Parasoul gets KO'd first, I mean obviously avoid having either die but Filia on her own is better off. Parasoul being the great battery that she is, she will probably give Filia plenty of meter to play with for her LV3, or Gregor, etc. Overall this team shell doesn't have anything absurd about it (not anymore at least SDE wow) but its still very effective and strong. Filias definitely one of the better partners for the bae.

Ms.Fortune
So @Icky wanted this here <3
Anyway...

Fortunes Position on Team: Literally personal preference, both orders work just fine so just choose which one you prefer.

Fiber Upper (SRK.HK)

Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Basic Idea with Fiber Upper: Parasoul gets a DP similar to Updo but a liiittle bit different. It has a more "diverse" range so to speak giving you different space to work with. Also, unlike Updo, it does not cause a green assist knockdown. When someone is hit by Fiber Upper they get hit and than fall down normally like from a jump. Now, that doesn't sound all that appealing, however, Parasoul can convert off of it. J.LP J.HP string in the air causes a purple (or pink some people even call it red what the fuck) knockdown that gives you a free OTG combo after. So honestly Parasoul has one of the easier and most consistent ways to convert off of Fortunes very strong DP assist.

Napalm Pillar- Fortune gets a DP assist, its strong, easy to convert from, etc. She seems to have a hard time however converting off an air to air situation with it. So you use it to cover mistakes in your ground game very strong.

Napalm Shot- Very similar to Filia where you can just lay down pressure using the separated blockstun between the initial launch of the tear, and the explosion. However, Fortune really benefits from this. So if the head is off, not only is the opponent worrying about blocking the head, but they are now worried about the initial shot of the assist, and the later appearing ignition. This, can be a very nasty and strong thing to deal with if done correctly, putting them in blockstun that goes on for ages until you get the nom or confirm off of the tear or whatever else you need. If you are confident in your Fortunes neutral game and feel like you can live without the DP, I'd play around with this.

Basic Idea with the Team: Similar to Para/Filia, Para/Fortune is kinda bare bones where neither assists really give you much abusable things unless you rock Napalm Shot. So you're going to be playing a more footsie, and spacing oriented Parasoul with your fiber upper assist. Reading opponents jumps, calling fiber upper, and getting the air conversion, and playing the ground game. DHCing into Fortune supers to get that nasty damage at the end of a combo is also useful, plus you get a reaally good alpha counter in fiber upper. The only risk with running Parasoul first, is that you lack a safe DHC in having Fortune go 2nd, so you really have to be smart on defense. Than if you rock Fortune first or DHC into her to make her first, you get a solid order as well. Fortune comes in and has a DP or nasty lockdown with Napalm shot, head on, head off, its Fortune. With Parasouls good assists, and a safe DHC in bikes, the order is pretty strong. Overall, I feel like Fortune might not be the best possible partner for Parasoul, but it works. You just need to play efficiently and clean, and you can't really go for any crazy over the top hootinanny. Its dirty enough however to stay relevant in this nasty whore of a game we all know and love.

Painwheel:
Painwheel's Position on Team: Either order is fine, though I personally would start Parasoul but both are great orders.

Cruel Lily (C.MP)

Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Shot (MP)

Basic Idea with Cruel Lily: Amazing lockdown, its a multi-hit low normal thats all sorts of beautiful for Parasoul. However, since its a simple normal, it has no invincibility going for it. Which means 9 times out of 10 you must set the assist up to get the lockdown you want. Can't just willy nilly call it out, how you say? Simple, end a string with S.HPx2 or a Napalm Shot and call that junk. The pressure you get with this assist is truly amazing and really helps Parasoul out a lot. Have this duo coupled with a DP assist and you got yourself a good time, but I digress... just know this assist is right there with Hornet Bomber in terms of how good it is for the bae.

Napalm Pillar-

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky and Effay
Don't do it to yourself! Don't!!

No, Uzumakihero. You have to let him go. He's a big boy now.

Reactions: Lavama
No, Uzumakihero. You have to let him go. He's a big boy now.
But....but....He grew up too quick. Lord have mercy! My baby! ;________;

Reactions: dreymore
Much love, thank you so much, I'll get to work with some of that stuff :)

Reactions: dreymore
I can be a punching bag if need be!

I can't wait for the update to hit PS3! No one's online anymore besides TJ, and he always cheeses my socks off. I've seen some of IsaVulpes' stuff... I can't believe how behind I'm going to be.

Reactions: keninblack
I'm gonna start writing up the first 2-3 chapters in the coming week or so, so look out for that! <3

I'm gonna start writing up the first 2-3 chapters in the coming week or so, so look out for that! <3
I've literally been F5ing this thread every hour since you posted this. Please make it stop.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
FUUUUUUUCK hahaha.

I gatchu with it tomorrow I promise I'll do a lil bit :(

Reactions: Scrublord
Working on this again. No fooling. Its up there for you to see.

Stay tuned.

"+ Has arguably the best 50/50 mixup's in the game."

What's a Filia

Arguably. Parasoul's a better character anyway so whatever :P

It's not SDE anymore man xD

For those that say parasoul versus filia is even... What is it that makes you say that? I cant say that it isnt even, but it does seem like a harder matchup. Not peacock or head off fortune hard... But yeah, filia has loads of ways around parasouls zoning and her high/lows shit all over parasouls ability to pillar out of pressure.

Just wanted to see what anyone has to say.

Also... Because im way to lazy to do one of my own, for real:

Dimes parasoul guide, an addendum to keninblacks parasoul guide....

1. Pick parasoul with pillar, then pick double with lk bomber throw a character in between them if you think you tight.
2. Start game.
3. empty jump forward and call bomber.
4. Did it hit? Yes: do combo. No? Do high/low mixup
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 till the opponents entire team dies.
6. Make sure to toss in some airthrows and j.lp xx j.hp chains to look tite and seem l33t and confuse the opponent cause of your godlike ability to not flowchart.

@keninblack

Ive jumped ship to team pali for encore... Jesus this team has gotten stronger... Best sg team ive yet used... Are you going to jump ship from duo soul/dubs to team (jugg)ernaut with me?

#keninblackspainwheel on team pali? You know you want to. And the team is fun to boot, plus you get to show off that painwhee and drop duo... Win win win imho.

Also, do you really think we team pali peeps are bad people? Hey man, we just wanna win. We just wanna beat that ass and high/low peeps with dat lockdown flowchart... Is that to much to ask?

Reactions: keninblack
Status
Not open for further replies.