• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kiyobi's Laboratory Notes

Kiyobi

Super Duper High School Waifu
Reaction score
Steam
Kiyobi
PSN
ShibuyaESPer
XBL
Kiyobi
Squigly Unknown
I'm trying to make it a habit to write down a short one liner or two after every match I play now so I can look back on them later and see what I could use improving, or if I've discovered something accidentally, or other miscellaneous thoughts. I figure sharing them could help shed some light on some things that beginners and casuals may struggle with.

I write down these notes live during my streams, so if you want to see them unfold and get better context you can watch the stream.

My main team is Squigly/Filia.

September 12, 2013:
  • DIVEKICK PRESSURE WITH SQUIGLY WOW
  • CHOKES OMG
  • Squigly Burst Baits! Use MK Divekick again
  • CHOKES OMG
  • Battle Opera for pressure, DIVEKICK MORE, APPARENTLY
  • FUCK PARASOUL - Be more careful with approaching when she's assist
  • j.MP > Divekick?
  • j.HP > j.HK more!
  • wtf LK Airballs? (really high crossup things, can't tell how to block)
  • Must DP more with Filia
  • J.HP > J.HK DAMMIT
  • I suck against Filia
  • ASSIST SETUPS AFTER COMBOS
  • airdash jHP, jHK LK, MK, HPjLP, jMP, jMK xx airdash jMP, jHKLK, MK, HPjLK, jMP, jMK xx HK hairball**ground dash cancel** *MP, cHP xx HK hairball xx Gregor Samson (QCB KK)LP updo xx Fenrir Drive (DP PP) is my Filia combo
  • C.LK C.MK S.HP(2) Stancel X.MK S.HP(2) Stancel C.LK C.MK S.HP(2) Stancel S.MP S.HK J.MK(2) J.HP(4) J.LP J.MK(1) J.HP(4) J.LK J.MK(3) J.HK J.236MK S.LP(2) S.MP(2) C.HP(4) 236MK 214LPLK backdash C.HK
  • Aerial Battle Opera surprisingly good anti air space control?
  • Yes, keep practicing divekicks. Also, Filia j.HP > j.HK. Also, corner combos.
  • Kind of OK with dealing with Fortune head? Watch more though.
  • WTF WAS THAT BURST BAIT
  • Patience is good.
  • ...try new Squig assist? qcf HP?
  • New assist feels legit

A few quick little revisions on that combo I gave you:

-The X.MK was a typo it meant C.MK.
-S.MP can hit once or twice, depending on spacing and enemy, so cancel into S.HK at your own discretion.
-S.MP will whiff on some crouching characters C.MP if you want a guaranteed hit thats easier to connect, however it will do less damage than S.MP(2) at that point in the combo.
-J.HK should be J.HK(4) so all 4 hits.

It was tough to write out quickly between matches, bear with me.
(you can also change the divekick to gravedigger and then do your end-of-9500-damage-combo-thing to convert to damage if you have 3 meter. The damage at tremelo in this combo is 7462 compared to your 6180, so expect good damage)

Last edited: