• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lab Zero driver compatibility list

earlfriend

Fraud
VIP
Future Club
Reaction score
Parasoul Squigly
Hey all!

I'm trying to get a decent list going of sticks that are compatible with our stick driver and I could use some help! We've gotten by with a general FAQ about them on the official Skullgirls website, but I'd like to have something a little more comprehensive.

List of confirmed compatible sticks/peripherals so far:
  • Qanba Q1

Here's what we have on the official SG site:
http://skullgirls.com/2015/05/lab-zero-ps3-fight-stick-technology-faq/

Compatibility
Lab Zero has extensively tested PS3 stick compatibility at public events, and virtually all fight sticks work.

This includes every PS3-compatible stick tested from the following manufacturers:

• Mad Catz
  • Hori
  • PDP
  • EightArc / Qanba
In addition to these, virtually every custom option we’ve tested has worked, provided they’ve been updated with the latest firmware.

As a General Rule: If your stick is wired and works without needing special driver software on PC, it should work with Lab Zero’s PS3 stick technology.

The following peripherals are confirmed to be incompatible:

• Arcade Fighter Micro by dreamGEAR
  • Inpin PS2 controller adaptors
  • Custom sticks with DualShock 3 internals built into them
Many unlicensed PS3 peripherals masquerade as DualShock 3s, which ensures that the PlayStation 4 will not be able to “see” them.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will my <X> stick work with your game?
A:
Virtually everything we’ve tested works. As a general rule, if your stick will work on a PC without installing special drivers, it should work with our technology.

Q: Are there any special requirements to use my PS3 stick on the PS4?
A:
Your PS3 will be unable to interact with the PS4 system software, so you’ll need to have a DualShock 4 synced at all times to use your PS3 stick.

Q: Will I need to have one DualShock 4 synced for every PS3 stick?
A:
This will depend on the particular game’s implementation of the technology.

Q: Are there any limits placed on PS3 stick functionality?
A:
Because the PS4 system software will not be able to “see” your PS3 stick, you’ll need to use the synced DualShock 4 to access the Home and Share buttons.

Q: Will sticks intended for that other last-generation system work?
A:
For technical and legal reasons, Lab Zero’s stick technology cannot support peripherals from that other system.

Q: This isn’t a question, but my stick doesn’t work!
A:
Please contact info (at) labzerogames (dot) com and we’ll try to look into it, or at least update the incompatibility list accordingly.

However, please note that if we do update the technology to accommodate your stick, it won’t show up unless the developer of the game in question gets the latest version of the software and updates their game.

Q: This also isn’t a question, but my stick works and isn’t on your list!
A:
Please contact info (at) labzerogames (dot) com to let us know, and we’ll update the compatibility list accordingly!
If you have either Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PS4, Mortal Kombat X on PS4, or Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4, and have tried to use one of your PS3 sticks or other peripherals, please reply to this thread with the following:

• Stick/peripheral tested (with a pic or a link to a pic, if possible!)
  • Game used to test
  • Whether it worked or not
  • Any additional details you might have

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
  • Qanba Q1 (modded with Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK and OBSF-30)
    By0rcdm.jpg
  • Game(s) tested: Skullgirls 2nd Encore
  • Worked: Yes
  • Notes: It was my first time trying out the driver so it took me a while to figure things out. I vaguely remember having to remap buttons, but everything was smooth from then on.

Reactions: earlfriend
The PC/PS3 version of the Toodles Cthulhu PCB works fine. I will upgrade the chipset to the MC Cthulhu at some point and test that, but i see no reason why that wouldn't work either.

One thing I do notice with that PCB is for some reason the low and mediums are switched around when I use it on a PC, so I wired it up that way as I usually play on PC and use remap at tournaments on PS3/PS4.

Just tested the driver with SFV. Wow, this one is pretty broken.
After registering my stick, my buttons were mapped incorrectly.
Square = :MK:
X = :LK:
Triangle = :MP:
O = :LP:
R1 = :HP:
R2 = :HK:
L1 = 3P
L2 = 3K
When I tried to configure it, Square, X, and O mapped to no input. Only buttons that worked were Triangle, R1, R2, L1, and L2.

• Pelican PS2 to PS3 Converter
    x7nQmvR.jpg
  • Skullgirls 2nd Encore
  • Did not work
  • Recognized itself as a DS3

• Mayflash Universal PS2/PS3/X360 Adapter
    PWsBOuZ.jpg
  • Skullgirls 2nd Encore
  • Works

Need to have a PS4 controller on (but I guess that's normal in this case)
Shouldn't be? You can turn the controller off (hold PS button -> Devices -> Turn Off Device -> Dualshock 4) as long as you leave yourself logged in (don't "Log Out Of PS4") and it should work without a DS4.

My modded stick that uses a PS360+ board (version 1.2) works.

I can't remember if I had to force it into PS3 mode by holding the Light Punch button to get it to work.

Hey everyone, I went to my friends place to play some skullgirls with him. Thing is, he has a PS4 and my stick is a ps3/360 Qanba Q2 stick I recieved from Arcade Shock. From what I understand, ps3 sticks can work on SG for ps4. Is there more I have to do than plug and play? Will it not read because it is not just a sole ps3 fightstick?