• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Let's talk about Peacock's normals

Frame-skips don't affect hits at all, the skipped frames still read input and do collision, they just aren't rendered.
I LEARNED from MvC2.

Though if you can give me specific examples, I can see about fixing them?

I'll check cases in training mode this evening and get back to you, Mike.

Note that there is a difference between whiffing over people - during say, Filia's cr.MP - and whiffing past them like throwing an LK George next to Squigly (which I just fixed yay!)
Whiffing over people is likely not getting fixed since certain moves are low-stance-ish.

Note that there is a difference between whiffing over people - during say, Filia's cr.MP - and whiffing past them like throwing an LK George next to Squigly (which I just fixed yay!)
Whiffing over people is likely not getting fixed since certain moves are low-stance-ish.

Yeah, my issues were actually whiffing over people, so that's cool. For whiffing past, I normally have an issue with LK George vs a crouching Fortune, where Peacock just throws the George past her. Whiffing s.lp over Fortune cr.lp is also a thing, but I always figured that was just a low-stance attack.

Yeah, LK George is fixed, hits Fortune and Squigly allatime now, and I'm gonna fix HP Bang too.
Lemme detonate Lonesome lenny by pressing 2 kicks while you're at it :^)

Good stuff, Boss Mike. I can finally pressure Fortune without an M SOID. :D

Oh interesting, I was just observing the whiffing Lights in-game myself and wondering if it was as intended. Good to know.
Specifically, how after a HK Teleport puts you just out of range with Peacock's Lights (except for Painwheel, Double, and Big Band) while MK Teleport range is compatible with any follow-up attack.

That's uh, not gettin' changed. Yes, it puts you behind them, so it doesn't put you in range.

@Mike_Z

MP Bang whiffs over certain low profile moves, like Filia when she uses Drill/Drill Feint. Not sure if it's the same for moves like Fortune's crouching jab or if you want to take a look at it.