• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Live fightstick build - 15/05 - 3pm EDT - 8pm BST

me-tan

Reaction score
Filia Filia Filia
Apologies if this should be in the hardware forum as it isn't a gameplay related topic,

Ever wanted to build a fightstick or arcade cabinet, but wasn't sure how to assemble one? I am doing a live fightstick build tomorrow on the /r/Skullgirls twitch channel - http://www.twitch.tv/rSkullgirls

I will be building a stick using a TEK acrylic case, Seimitsu LS-40 stick and Seimitsu buttons. Topics I will be covering will include:

* Assembling the case, and installing artwork,

* Installing the stick/buttons, with a brief guide on the differences between different makes and manufacturers, and the differences between Japanese and American components,

* Making wiring looms, including how to prepare wire, use crimp connectors, heat shrink sleeving, an introduction to multimeters and an introduction to soldering,

* Good practices for tidy cable management, and an introduction to the Cthulhu PCB,

* Testing your finished stick with joy.cpl

If this proves popular I may do similar streams in future if I can find subjects to cover, perhaps build a fightstick PCB from a disassembled gamepad?

I will be doing a live question and answer session in the twitch chat while I do this.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Edited video of stream is now up: