• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows -log steam launch option seemingly causes game to crash.

Stuff

The guy who says the thing you might not like
Reaction score
I recently added -log to my steam launch options in the hopes of being able to send logs (not sure if these are useful anymore?)
I was going to use logs because at least today when I start up the game go directly to start quick match and it'll say "joined room!" it'll idle for a bit presumably trying to make the connection but then tell me there was an error in the connection and if I try quick match again I get into that kind of loop so I thought to myself "why not try to get a log"
and when I select 'quick match' the game crashes upon the initial search. Removing the launch options seems to fix it.

I'll see the text of it "looking for a room" or whatever flash right before the game crashes.

Last edited:
I recently added -log to my steam launch options in the hopes of being able to send logs (not sure if these are useful anymore?)
I was going to use logs because at least today when I start up the game go directly to start quick match and it'll say "joined room!" it'll idle for a bit presumably trying to make the connection but then tell me there was an error in the connection and if I try quick match again I get into that kind of loop so I thought to myself "why not try to get a log"
and when I select 'quick match' the game crashes upon the initial search. Removing the launch options seems to fix it.

I'll see the text of it "looking for a room" or whatever flash right before the game crashes.
We know of at least one issue with launch options right now, but I believe the bug causes them to not be applied on game launch so this may be new. Do you have a crash dump after launching the game? It would be in your game's install folder beside the .exe with a timestamp in the file name - that should help us track down the issue.

Thanks!

cc @FuLLBLeeD

Hopefully this helps

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct file? but I did go to Steam\steamapps\common\Skullgirls\crash-dumps so hopefully that's correct.

EDIT: I put the wrong one in so if you got that one it's not right, this one is dated for yesterday.

Here.

Last edited: